Author Topic: LeBron James: "I'm the Greatest Player of all Time"  (Read 7848 times)

Re: LeBron James: "I'm the Greatest Player of all Time"
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All I’ll say is that I don’t think prime Michael Jordan gets the cavs to the finals last year

Playing in today’s game? He would have averaged 50 a game
I don't think so.

What does prime Jordan do better than LeBron?  Bron has all the speed, explosiveness, scoring, shooting... Bron has more range... Bron is significantly bigger (Barkley claims Jordan was actually 6'4... LeBron is 6'9 270), Bron has greater court vision...  Without Bron's elite level 3-point shooting, Jordan would struggle a bit dealing with the defensive length of teams like Boston ... he'd struggle to get his teammates involved in the same way... 

Honestly, I get why people hate on LeBron and Jordan's resume is sort of impeccable... I mean... in the sense that if you don't count the fact that he never even had an above .500 season his first three years in the league and it wasn't until the arrival of Pippen that his team was above average... and when he initially retired, the Bulls went from a 57 win team with him to a 55 win team with Pippen running the show without him... On the flip side, essentially every team Bron has joined has gone from 20 win garbage to 50+ win juggernaut... and has promptly gone back to a lotto team as soon as he's left - and we have multiple instances of this as proof.

But yeah... people hate Bron.  Jordan is a pre-internet god who is untouchable.   Bron's Finals resume isn't spotless in the same way.  That said, Jordan never successfully beat a 73 win defending champion.  And I genuinely don't think prime Jordan gets last year's Cavs team to the Finals. 

Bottom line is Bron is definitely top 2 and this era belongs to him.  He deserves respect and admiration.  You should feel lucky you get to watch this guy play basketball.  Sucks he joined the Lakers, though.
Yeah, I am sure MJ didn't win in Chicago his first couple years had more to do with Pippen joining the team than MJ coming into his own as a superstar.

And yeah, MJ never beat a 73 win team but that's because he was too busy winning 72 games and a title.

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
MJ

say s

ah nOOOOOOooooooooo...

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
All I’ll say is that I don’t think prime Michael Jordan gets the cavs to the finals last year

I don't think so.

What does prime Jordan do better than LeBron?  Bron has all the speed, explosiveness, scoring, shooting... Bron has more range... Bron is significantly bigger (Barkley claims Jordan was actually 6'4... LeBron is 6'9 270), Bron has greater court vision...  Without Bron's elite level 3-point shooting, Jordan would struggle a bit dealing with the defensive length of teams like Boston ... he'd struggle to get his teammates involved in the same way... 

Honestly, I get why people hate on LeBron and Jordan's resume is sort of impeccable... I mean... in the sense that if you don't count the fact that he never even had an above .500 season his first three years in the league and it wasn't until the arrival of Pippen that his team was above average... and when he initially retired, the Bulls went from a 57 win team with him to a 55 win team with Pippen running the show without him... On the flip side, essentially every team Bron has joined has gone from 20 win garbage to 50+ win juggernaut... and has promptly gone back to a lotto team as soon as he's left - and we have multiple instances of this as proof.

But yeah... people hate Bron.  Jordan is a pre-internet god who is untouchable.   Bron's Finals resume isn't spotless in the same way.  That said, Jordan never successfully beat a 73 win defending champion.  And I genuinely don't think prime Jordan gets last year's Cavs team to the Finals. 

Bottom line is Bron is definitely top 2 and this era belongs to him.  He deserves respect and admiration.  You should feel lucky you get to watch this guy play basketball.  Sucks he joined the Lakers, though.
Yeah, I am sure MJ didn't win in Chicago his first couple years had more to do with Pippen joining the team than MJ coming into his own as a superstar.

And yeah, MJ never beat a 73 win team but that's because he was too busy winning 72 games and a title.
Also, jordan couldn’t carry the wizards to the playoffs without pippen.  Lol. Never a winning season without pippen. Meanwhile pippen goes on to multiple 50+ win seasons with the blazers and rockets.  Give pip his due.

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2019, 08:03:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I don't think so.

Also, jordan couldn’t carry the wizards to the playoffs without pippen.  Lol. Never a winning season without pippen. Meanwhile pippen goes on to multiple 50+ win seasons with the blazers and rockets.  Give pip his due.

Referencing the Wizards tenure is useless, Jordan was 40 years old during his time with the Wizards.

If Lebron at age 39-40 leads a team like the current Cavs to the playoffs, then you can return to that reference.

Just for a quick comparison, Lebron is 34 years old right now. Five years from now, IF he's still in the league, he would then be comparable to Wizards era Jordan.

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2019, 08:03:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What does prime Jordan do better than LeBron?  Bron has all the speed, explosiveness, scoring, shooting... Bron has more range... Bron is significantly bigger (Barkley claims Jordan was actually 6'4... LeBron is 6'9 270), Bron has greater court vision...  Without Bron's elite level 3-point shooting, Jordan would struggle a bit dealing with the defensive length of teams like Boston ... he'd struggle to get his teammates involved in the same way..

Jordan more consistently asserted his will on a game with his play.   Look at some of the rings LeBron won, Kyrie and Bosh respectively took over late in the game because the King was hiding.

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Self-promoting, tattoo-covered, carpetbagging, nitwit. Who happens to excel at basketball.

When you're the greatest player of all time, it's unnecessary to continually remind everyone. The greatest player of all time helps to build other players, he teaches others for the benefit of the fans and the City of fans that support the team. They don't desert an organization because you personally are not in contention to score another ring.

In the business world, they call them "Corporate raiders." They speculate, slip in the back door and destroy.   

Greatest of all time? Hardly.

TP to you and everyone else in this thread who desrevedly bangs this self-proclaimed “king” and GOAT around.

The guy’s schtick is pretty nauseating and repulsive.

This guy is a Faker now....in more ways than one..and that, in and of itself deserves scorn, hostility and derision, not support and apologists making excuses for it. Hard to understand. SMH

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2019, 08:17:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Self-promoting, tattoo-covered, carpetbagging, nitwit. Who happens to excel at basketball.

When you're the greatest player of all time, it's unnecessary to continually remind everyone. The greatest player of all time helps to build other players, he teaches others for the benefit of the fans and the City of fans that support the team. They don't desert an organization because you personally are not in contention to score another ring.

In the business world, they call them "Corporate raiders." They speculate, slip in the back door and destroy.   

TP to you and everyone else in this thread who desrevedly bangs this self-proclaimed “king” and GOAT around.

This guy is a Faker now....in more ways than one..and that, in and of itself deserves scorn, hostility and derision, not support and apologists making excuses for it. Hard to understand. SMH

Yeah, we all have to remember, first and foremost, Lebron is now................Laker SCUM!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2019, 08:20:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Yeah, we all have to remember, first and foremost, Lebron is now................Laker SCUM!!!

Exactly, but many here STILL support him...staggering to me.

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2019, 08:27:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I don't think so.

Referencing the Wizards tenure is useless, Jordan was 40 years old during his time with the Wizards.

If Lebron at age 39-40 leads a team like the current Cavs to the playoffs, then you can return to that reference.

Just for a quick comparison, Lebron is 34 years old right now. Five years from now, IF he's still in the league, he would then be comparable to Wizards era Jordan.
im kidding about the wizards thing...

but bottom line is that I'd take prime LeBron over prime Jordan if starting a team.  Prime LeBron gives you everything Jordan gives you and more.  I don't think Prime Jordan gets the Cavs to the Finals last year with that supporting cast.  Meanwhile, there's a case to be made that if you replaced prime Jordan with prime LeBron on those Bulls teams, they are even more dominant than they were.  Especially when the moved in the 3-point line.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:35:32 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2019, 10:02:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't think so.

but bottom line is that I'd take prime LeBron over prime Jordan if starting a team.  Prime LeBron gives you everything Jordan gives you and more.  I don't think Prime Jordan gets the Cavs to the Finals last year with that supporting cast.  Meanwhile, there's a case to be made that if you replaced prime Jordan with prime LeBron on those Bulls teams, they are even more dominant than they were.  Especially when the moved in the 3-point line.

I am one who considers MJ overrated, but I'd go with Prime Jordan over Prime Lebron. Prime Jordan was like a perfect hybrid of Kyrie and Lebron, with Lebron's athletic dominance but Kyrie's clutch shot making ability and killer instinct.

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2019, 10:08:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I don't think so.

I am one who considers MJ overrated, but I'd go with Prime Jordan over Prime Lebron. Prime Jordan was like a perfect hybrid of Kyrie and Lebron, with Lebron's athletic dominance but Kyrie's clutch shot making ability and killer instinct.
I don't think MJ was overrated.  I think Bron is underrated.

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
What does prime Jordan do better than LeBron?  Bron has all the speed, explosiveness, scoring, shooting... Bron has more range... Bron is significantly bigger (Barkley claims Jordan was actually 6'4... LeBron is 6'9 270), Bron has greater court vision...  Without Bron's elite level 3-point shooting, Jordan would struggle a bit dealing with the defensive length of teams like Boston ... he'd struggle to get his teammates involved in the same way..

Jordan more consistently asserted his will on a game with his play.   Look at some of the rings LeBron won, Kyrie and Bosh respectively took over late in the game because the King was hiding.

Bron looses alot of respect for his on the court antics .   Coasting though 2-3 quarters ,  crying after every play or call that goes against his team.  Also for being a quitter when the other team is destroying his team . Laying down against the spurs that game and quiting.  Someting MJ never did . Whine and quit . Bron is the most spoiled and babied player ever ...hands down.

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 04:40:06 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
LeBron "the Chosen One" to be behind Jordan in GOAT talks James
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 06:15:49 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

I don't think so.

Lebron has already played more seasons than Jordan.  He has played over 4000 more regular season minutes and 2500 more post season minutes.  How exactly is that a fair comparison?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 06:59:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

I don't think so.

Yeah....and Karl malone, Charles Barkley and Shawn Kemp would probably all have rings.