Author Topic: Glad to see the Knicks have a moment.  (Read 722 times)

Glad to see the Knicks have a moment.
« on: April 27, 2023, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
As a C's fan, I know I shouldn't say this- especially since they took our team to the woodshed a few times this year - but the NYK fanbase has suffered for like two and a half decades now, so it's good to see the team on the upswing. I also kind of like how they have an underdog mentality and a star player who has blossomed in to an elite all NBA guard out of thin air.

The Celtics-Knicks rivalry has never really been a thing in my lifetime, but I think it would be great for the sport and the cities.

Realistically, the team will stagnate and eventually tune out Thibs in the future- But for now: Go Knicks! (as long as your not plyaing the Celtics)

Re: Glad to see the Knicks have a moment.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 10:35:23 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Me too. I am very happy for NYC. I have always had a soft spot for the Knicks. I loved those Pat Ewing teams in the 90s. Bernard King in the mid 80s. Micheal Ray Richardson and Ray Williams in the early 80s. And I love seeing old games of those early 70s Knicks who were flat out special.

That said, their new jerseys suck. Those ones they were wore the other night. So ugly. I don't like the ones BOS wore the other night either.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
I’m glad to see Thibs have a good moment, not so much the Knicks organization. I do like Brunson and Hart as well from their Villanova days.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 11:06:32 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
as long as James Dolan owns the team I wish them nothing but failure.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2487
I’m glad to see Thibs have a good moment, not so much the Knicks organization. I do like Brunson and Hart as well from their Villanova days.

At the same time I feel bad for Thibs.  This is yet another team has no real chance of the title barring some sort of miracle.