Author Topic: Ime Udoka hired as Rockets coach  (Read 5136 times)

Re: Ime Udoka hired as Rockets coach
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2023, 03:46:39 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Ime spoke a little today about the end of his C's tenure in his introductory presser:

Ime Udoka on the controversy surrounding him leaving Boston:

“They’ve done their homework and due diligence of who I am as a person. I spent the last off-season growing in a lot of ways. The situation has been resolved and I can’t speak else much more about it.”

Ime Udoka said he took accountability for the Celtics' decision to suspend him. He said he preaches that to his players and also needs to do it himself: "It was their right to go about it however they wanted to and that's the choice they took."

In his introductory press conference, Ime Udoka apologizes for his actions in Boston. Said he's gone through sensitivity training and also counseling with his son.

Udoka, asked about the Celtics exit:  "My part in it was to take ownership and accountability ... they had a choice to make a decision [and] they went that route ... it was their right to go about it the way that they wanted to."

I still don’t know exactly what he has done and at this point, it actually looks like it’ll stay that way. I am very surprised that in this day and age, with social media and instant news, that more hasn’t come out. Pretty incredible really.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2023, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Ime spoke a little today about the end of his C's tenure in his introductory presser:

“They’ve done their homework and due diligence of who I am as a person. I spent the last off-season growing in a lot of ways. The situation has been resolved and I can’t speak else much more about it.”

Ime Udoka said he took accountability for the Celtics' decision to suspend him. He said he preaches that to his players and also needs to do it himself: "It was their right to go about it however they wanted to and that's the choice they took."

In his introductory press conference, Ime Udoka apologizes for his actions in Boston. Said he's gone through sensitivity training and also counseling with his son.

Udoka, asked about the Celtics exit:  "My part in it was to take ownership and accountability ... they had a choice to make a decision [and] they went that route ... it was their right to go about it the way that they wanted to."

I would be so happy to have him back over Joe Schmoe. Some guys get thirsty but they learn their lessons  ;D I didn't see him badmouthing the organization and kept it classy.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2023, 03:49:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!

I still don’t know exactly what he has done and at this point, it actually looks like it’ll stay that way. I am very surprised that in this day and age, with social media and instant news, that more hasn’t come out. Pretty incredible really.

What's also impressive is that in the last 7-8 months, I don't think Ime ever really showed his face at all, nor did he do any interviews or speak to anyone in the public sphere. Today was the first time in a while I think he's spoken officially to people and we've seen his face lol. I guess TMZ couldn't find him during all these months either haha.

As you said, in this day and age, that's pretty remarkable
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2023, 04:46:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

What's also impressive is that in the last 7-8 months, I don't think Ime ever really showed his face at all, nor did he do any interviews or speak to anyone in the public sphere. Today was the first time in a while I think he's spoken officially to people and we've seen his face lol. I guess TMZ couldn't find him during all these months either haha.

As you said, in this day and age, that's pretty remarkable

Did TMZ try the strip bars?

I'll show myself out.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2023, 05:46:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375

People probably don't want to get sued for breaching an NDA  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2023, 05:03:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I wouldn’t be surprised if harden signs there this summer. Woj was just discussing it again in the past week and hiring ime seems like a win now/soon move

My fear would be Jaylen going there too. Harden, Jaylen, a Top-5 pick to go along with the young talent they are already accumulating there. Pretty scary

Why would JB want to go to Houston with or without Harden? So he’s going to leave to play for a coach that he doesn’t seem to be very close with, leave a better situation with teammates that he really likes playing with such as Smart and Horford, plus leave money on the table.. I don’t see it.
Because Cs fans are paranoid after being burned a couple of times.

It isn't realistic that JB will leave for Houston, especially if he makes All-NBA, but we have some recent scar tissue (namely, Kyrie)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2023, 04:29:21 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I wonder if the young prospects Houston have been giving a free hand to play however they [dang] want to losing seasons will adjust to Ime's brand of public accountability?

I can see a lot of head butting  in the early days amd I do not know how it will play out.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2023, 04:39:17 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

People probably don't want to get sued for breaching an NDA  :angel:

100%. If he talked about anything other than the very intentional generalities he used above, he'd never find another coaching gig in the league.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2023, 10:41:01 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
The Houston Rockets discussed the possibility of including Jalen Green in a trade offer for an established star when they interviewed head coaching candidates, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

The Rockets hired Ime Udoka as head coach and have designs on expediting their rebuild. They have been linked with a free agent pursuit of James Harden, while the possibility of pursuing Khris Middleton in free agency was also discussed.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271380/Rockets-Discussed-Possibility-Of-Trading-Jalen-Green-With-Coaching-Candidates

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2023, 06:50:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Houston Rockets discussed the possibility of including Jalen Green in a trade offer for an established star when they interviewed head coaching candidates, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

The Rockets hired Ime Udoka as head coach and have designs on expediting their rebuild. They have been linked with a free agent pursuit of James Harden, while the possibility of pursuing Khris Middleton in free agency was also discussed.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271380/Rockets-Discussed-Possibility-Of-Trading-Jalen-Green-With-Coaching-Candidates
I wonder about the trade market for Jalen Green. I am very high on him, but if it is him alone, then I would be curious to see what he can nab. If it is Green + Smith Jr./Sengun, or even Eason, then that is a very strong starting point to offer for most star players. But Green alone...

I think Green is on the cusp of a bit of a breakout season, similar to Melo in his 3rd season (both efficiency and volume). But it's a gamble for teams
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)