Author Topic: Inside Ron Ron's Crazy Head  (Read 1836 times)

Inside Ron Ron's Crazy Head
« on: July 30, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5417748

Mostly crazy stuff but he also said "Don't sleep on Boston". Maybe he's not that crazy after all  ;)

Re: Inside Ron Ron's Crazy Head
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Ron is one hillarious dude, and its not everday that you get to see a geniune guy like him from the NBA.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4595
This part made me chuckle, I don't got time for Tony Allen, lol.

OPPONENTS DON'T GET UNDER YOUR SKIN?
Nah, I'm much more mellow now. I can control myself on the court. If I get fouled, I say what I gotta say and move on. I don't mind being punked anymore. If someone gets in my face, I just walk away. Against the Celtics in the Finals, Tony Allen got in my face, but I don't got the time for Tony Allen. Now, if you're a star and you're talking trash, I'll talk back. All series long, Paul Pierce was talking: "You're a bum, you can't score, you can't guard me, I'm busting your ass." Everything.

And where are one of our stat guys at, who can confirm/deny this:
Three years straight, Paul Pierce is shooting 40.8% against Ron Artest. So, go ahead, tell me I'm slower. Tell me I can't play defense. Thank you

And I HATE Kobe, but I got a little more respect for him after reading what Ron said.  Can't see LeBron doing that.

All in all I love Artest, definitely real.  Most athletes (and people in general) have a filter on when they talk, Artest has no such filter lol.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:22:05 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
This part made me chuckle, I don't got time for Tony Allen, lol.

OPPONENTS DON'T GET UNDER YOUR SKIN?
Nah, I'm much more mellow now. I can control myself on the court. If I get fouled, I say what I gotta say and move on. I don't mind being punked anymore. If someone gets in my face, I just walk away. Against the Celtics in the Finals, Tony Allen got in my face, but I don't got the time for Tony Allen. Now, if you're a star and you're talking trash, I'll talk back. All series long, Paul Pierce was talking: "You're a bum, you can't score, you can't guard me, I'm busting your ass." Everything.

And where are one of our stat guys at, who can confirm/deny this:
Three years straight, Paul Pierce is shooting 40.8% against Ron Artest. So, go ahead, tell me I'm slower. Tell me I can't play defense. Thank you

And I HATE Kobe, but I got a little more respect for him after reading what Ron said.  Can't see LeBron doing that.

All in all I love Artest, definitely real.  Most athletes (and people in general) have a filter on when they talk, Artest has no such filter lol.

lol, I was reading another board and someone commented on how if that was Lebron, he would actually join in playing cards rather than viewing tapes and giving tips. And that comment prob is quiet spot on.

And I agree, as much as I hate Kobe, I can't help but admire his passion and dedication towards the game.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
lol, I was reading another board and someone commented on how if that was Lebron, he would actually join in playing cards rather than viewing tapes and giving tips. And that comment prob is quiet spot on.

And I agree, as much as I hate Kobe, I can't help but admire his passion and dedication towards the game.
I especially like the last part of the quote:

I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere.