Author Topic: Lawrence Taylor was arrested ,charged with third-degree rape of 15 yr old  (Read 10048 times)

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Not that it matters statutorily, but it seems that she was a runaway, and that a pimp was involved, (indicating she was a prostitute). She was also punched in the face, though it's not known who did it. Problem with these early-breaking stories is that so much information is hear-say ... let's hope he wasn't involved to the extent suggested.

More Info Here
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
My initial reaction was disgust and shock.

Then I learned that the underaged girl appears to have been a prostitute. Which led to a different kind of disgust and shock.

Honestly, these kinds of stories just make me sad.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Good lord.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
My initial reaction was disgust and shock.

Then I learned that the underaged girl appears to have been a prostitute. Which led to a different kind of disgust and shock.

Honestly, these kinds of stories just make me sad.
They make me sick

There are tons of crimes every day. I don't want to hear about this one any more than the others.

I mean at least now I won't buy his jersey or something, but I wasn't going to anyway

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ugh.  Academic arguments about statutory rape aside, what a couple of scumbags (LT and whoever pimps out a 15 year old girl).

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Not that this makes it all better, but this is statutory rape, not violent rape, right?

I don't even think there's much of a difference. That's the point of the law. It's 100% the responsibility of the adult to think with their head and ensure the safety of children. The point is there can't be consensual sex with an underage person because they are not able to truly consent; they have not fully developed those emotional and intellectual parts of their brains. And any rape is an act of violence, power, and predation. 

It's amazing how easy it is to get through life without raping anyone if you just, you know, stay out of the predatory mindset.

I am not arguing advocating statutory rape by any means.

But I don't think it is always that cut and dry, or always that 'simple', especially for celebrities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#State_laws

Age of consent varies from 16-18 across the US. In LT's case, he's up a creek anyways..and 15 is kind beyond the pale regardless of what any state law says.

However, if lets say Joakim Noah, a pretty well known lothario in the NBA, got involved with a girl in NYC who claimed to be 21, who he met in a nightclub, but who was actually 16...

I mean that's one of those situations where you have to ask what you would do. Do you ask for ID? Get her to sign an affidavit?

Well, i'd say avoiding slimeball situations is a good place to start. But if you can't resist, maybe try avoiding girls that look a little young to be 21. I'd say 99% of the time you can kind of tell when someone is in a borderline age range, unless your trying not to notice it.

But yeah, i guess if there's a question, don't have sex and hope it all works out. Find someone you know is of age. You have to be doing something pretty predatory to "accidently" rape someone. And if you're going to be trolling in those types of places, you lose the right to be surprised if you rape someone. It'd kind of be like shooting bullets through tinted windows then killing someone and saying "how was i supposed to know someone was behind that window?

Well, in my hypothetical situation they met at the hotel bar at the Waldorf Astoria. And she totally looked 21.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and your common sense approach to it is pretty solid.

But how much common sense do celebrities have. I just think the word predatory is awful menacing..and isn't a fit word to use to describe a gullible idiot who can get easily manipulated.

I think this is a HUGELY problematic point of view, and a very common rapist apologist line of thought.

This view is saying that there are just loads of helpless guys with erections wandering around being victimized by all these hoards of underage predators.

Several problems with this:
1. Committing rape of any kind is 100% active. The older person is not a victim in any way. They are 100% responsible for whom they choose to rape/have sex with. They are 100% responsible for avoiding situations where rape is a possibility if there's any doubt...which is really easy to tell if you care/are not actively seeking out power control in a sexual encounter.

2. This is a common apologetic stance, but it's almost never the case in real life. The fact that there is this pre-made apologetic stance is actually a tool that (mostly) men use to aid in their underage predation, knowing they can play the victim later. What usually happens is that older (mostly) men are picking easy targets to take advantage of, and being young in adult situations is a huge marker of vulnerability that predators know they can exploit. In other words, the rapists in these cases are not the passive victims they claim to be, but are deliberately seeking a situation to exploit and are 100% culpable...there is no excuse.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Latest:

The girl was at a hotel in New Jersey, she then called her pimp to come pick her up ... after her pimp picked her up she called her uncle from her pimp's car, and told him she had been raped by Lawrence Taylor, and the uncle called the police.

I hate to say this, but this is beginning to look more and more like the pimp discovering that the girl's trick was a celebrity, and deciding along with the uncle, that maybe there's some out-of-court settlement money to be had.

God only knows ... but whatever turns up, I pray this girl was not raped, prostitute or not, for her sake, not his.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Not that this makes it all better, but this is statutory rape, not violent rape, right?

I don't even think there's much of a difference. That's the point of the law. It's 100% the responsibility of the adult to think with their head and ensure the safety of children. The point is there can't be consensual sex with an underage person because they are not able to truly consent; they have not fully developed those emotional and intellectual parts of their brains. And any rape is an act of violence, power, and predation.  

It's amazing how easy it is to get through life without raping anyone if you just, you know, stay out of the predatory mindset.

But I don't think it is always that cut and dry, or always that 'simple', especially for celebrities.

Age of consent varies from 16-18 across the US. In LT's case, he's up a creek anyways..and 15 is kind beyond the pale regardless of what any state law says.

However, if lets say Joakim Noah, a pretty well known lothario in the NBA, got involved with a girl in NYC who claimed to be 21, who he met in a nightclub, but who was actually 16...

I mean that's one of those situations where you have to ask what you would do. Do you ask for ID? Get her to sign an affidavit?

Well, i'd say avoiding slimeball situations is a good place to start. But if you can't resist, maybe try avoiding girls that look a little young to be 21. I'd say 99% of the time you can kind of tell when someone is in a borderline age range, unless your trying not to notice it.

But yeah, i guess if there's a question, don't have sex and hope it all works out. Find someone you know is of age. You have to be doing something pretty predatory to "accidently" rape someone. And if you're going to be trolling in those types of places, you lose the right to be surprised if you rape someone. It'd kind of be like shooting bullets through tinted windows then killing someone and saying "how was i supposed to know someone was behind that window?

Well, in my hypothetical situation they met at the hotel bar at the Waldorf Astoria. And she totally looked 21.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and your common sense approach to it is pretty solid.

But how much common sense do celebrities have. I just think the word predatory is awful menacing..and isn't a fit word to use to describe a gullible idiot who can get easily manipulated.

I think this is a HUGELY problematic point of view, and a very common rapist apologist line of thought.

This view is saying that there are just loads of helpless guys with erections wandering around being victimized by all these hoards of underage predators.

1. Committing rape of any kind is 100% active. The older person is not a victim in any way. They are 100% responsible for whom they choose to rape/have sex with. They are 100% responsible for avoiding situations where rape is a possibility if there's any doubt...which is really easy to tell if you care/are not actively seeking out power control in a sexual encounter.

2. This is a common apologetic stance, but it's almost never the case in real life. The fact that there is this pre-made apologetic stance is actually a tool that (mostly) men use to aid in their underage predation, knowing they can play the victim later. What usually happens is that older (mostly) men are picking easy targets to take advantage of, and being young in adult situations is a huge marker of vulnerability that predators know they can exploit. In other words, the rapists in these cases are not the passive victims they claim to be, but are deliberately seeking a situation to exploit and are 100% culpable...there is no excuse.

You know what, it is making me feel sleazy just talking about this...I'm not pro statutory rape. How about we just agree that you are correct and move on.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The most recent reports indicate that this was not statutory, but violent and against the girl's will. However, LT is presumed innocent, and we have to keep it within that scope ... that it could very easily be a ploy. Time will tell, obviously.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
However, LT is presumed innocent
By the courts.

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

You know what, it is making me feel sleazy just talking about this...I'm not pro statutory rape. How about we just agree that you are correct and move on.

i'm not targeting you personally, just using those comments as a jumping off point.

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
By the courts.

do you have first hand knowledge of any facts?  if not, he should be presumed innocent by you as well.

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lawrencetaylorarrested

now she's 16... just goes to show, you can't believe everything you hear.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
By the courts.

do you have first hand knowledge of any facts?  if not, he should be presumed innocent by you as well.
Why should I? I'm not part of the legal system, or serving on a jury. I'm allowed to form my opinion of how I choose.

I don't know enough in this case to make a judgment, but there are plenty of other cases where I feel I do. Even though charges weren't filed I don't think Big Ben was innocent. Our justice system owes them that presumption, I don't....

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lawrencetaylorarrested

now she's 16... just goes to show, you can't believe everything you hear.
One year doesn't really affect the seriousness of the accusations.