Author Topic: NFL Draft 2010  (Read 59213 times)

Re: NFL Draft 2010
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.
I saw Mel K talking bout Colt McCoy's pro day workout last week. He said QBs usually don't help themselves much with these things, but Colt definitely did. Apparently he hit on all his passes 100% without a drop.

I saw some video. His arm looks like it was never hurt. He did the same thing as Tebow working out in the cutoff shirt and his arms looked like guns. They were like 2/3rds the size of Tim's which is huge.

I do not see the wisdom of giving Bradford $20 mill guaranteed, when you can keep the pick, take Suh, and still get Colt.

Why are you even posting about the NFL Draft right after a Celtics game?
The NFL draft is a major event. A Celts game isn't. Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.

You're a terrible Celtics fan.
That is not nice and I hope that is in jest. eja is a huge football fan besides being a huge Celtic fan and if he feels like talking NFL because the celtics have disappointed him, then so be it. It doesn't make him a bad fan.

I deleted that comment because it was wrong, but he should be a Celtics fan through the good and bad and not just half way.
So he can't be a Celtics fan and a Patriots fan simultaneously?

This is the second time this week I have seen you jump all over good long time posters for not being the type of fan you want them to be.

Dude, you need to chill on that.

When did I say he couldn't be a Patriots fan? NEVER! But saying you are not going to watch the Celtics just because they are not playing as well is not a good fan.
I am all about the die hard Never-say-Never live and die by the Celts through thick and thin fans who think all Celts walk on water at all times and follow them religiously through thick and thin, and give 100% of their heart to them at all times.

I'm just not one of them. I recognize that they may be legitimately frustrated with me and even consider themselves a better fan than me and maybe they are.

But I'm still not built like that.

I'm not not supporting them as much because they are losing. I enjoyed watching the team that thought they'd get Oden. But somehow I felt a team that was clearly tanking was somehow playing harder and putting out more effort than this one. That's bad. I don't have to watch that.

Honestly I haven't had cable for 2 years and it's pained me to not watch the celts while my wife watches reality tv. But that's the way it is. I read this place, watch on the computer a little, watch at my parent's home, listen to the radio, read box scores, and maybe a bar, but it's annoying when I go out of my way to watch and every time I do they are stinking it up to an inferior team.

Whereas I love the draft.  

You should just be glad you get to watch the Celtics.

And the draft is just a selection of players not even a game, yes I love the NFL, but I'll watch a game over a draft any day of the week.
[/quote]Let's say the choice is between a Celts game or the NBA draft where the Celt's have a top 4 pick and they're getting a good guy, but nobody knows who.  Cause it's a little like that. The Pats have a 1rst and 2 2nds. 

I have actually been to the NFL draft. The most fun I have ever had being bored out of my mind. Takes forever.

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 11:22:16 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.
I saw Mel K talking bout Colt McCoy's pro day workout last week. He said QBs usually don't help themselves much with these things, but Colt definitely did. Apparently he hit on all his passes 100% without a drop.

I saw some video. His arm looks like it was never hurt. He did the same thing as Tebow working out in the cutoff shirt and his arms looked like guns. They were like 2/3rds the size of Tim's which is huge.

I do not see the wisdom of giving Bradford $20 mill guaranteed, when you can keep the pick, take Suh, and still get Colt.

The NFL draft is a major event. A Celts game isn't. Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.

That is not nice and I hope that is in jest. eja is a huge football fan besides being a huge Celtic fan and if he feels like talking NFL because the celtics have disappointed him, then so be it. It doesn't make him a bad fan.

I deleted that comment because it was wrong, but he should be a Celtics fan through the good and bad and not just half way.

This is the second time this week I have seen you jump all over good long time posters for not being the type of fan you want them to be.

When did I say he couldn't be a Patriots fan? NEVER! But saying you are not going to watch the Celtics just because they are not playing as well is not a good fan.
I am all about the die hard Never-say-Never live and die by the Celts through thick and thin fans who think all Celts walk on water at all times and follow them religiously through thick and thin, and give 100% of their heart to them at all times.

I'm just not one of them. I recognize that they may be legitimately frustrated with me and even consider themselves a better fan than me and maybe they are.

I'm not not supporting them as much because they are losing. I enjoyed watching the team that thought they'd get Oden. But somehow I felt a team that was clearly tanking was somehow playing harder and putting out more effort than this one. That's bad. I don't have to watch that.

Honestly I haven't had cable for 2 years and it's pained me to not watch the celts while my wife watches reality tv. But that's the way it is. I read this place, watch on the computer a little, watch at my parent's home, listen to the radio, read box scores, and maybe a bar, but it's annoying when I go out of my way to watch and every time I do they are stinking it up to an inferior team.

And the draft is just a selection of players not even a game, yes I love the NFL, but I'll watch a game over a draft any day of the week.
Let's say the choice is between a Celts game or the NBA draft where the Celt's have a top 4 pick and they're getting a good guy, but nobody knows who.  Cause it's a little like that. The Pats have a 1rst and 2 2nds. 

I have actually been to the NFL draft. The most fun I have ever had being bored out of my mind. Takes forever.
[/quote]

U went to the draft? Lucky!

Hopefully the Pats will have a better second round pick this year after the ones we've had lately.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Let's say the choice is between a Celts game or the NBA draft where the Celt's have a top 4 pick and they're getting a good guy, but nobody knows who.  Cause it's a little like that. The Pats have a 1rst and 2 2nds. 

Hopefully the Pats will have a better second round pick this year after the ones we've had lately.
[/quote]It's actually free to go to the draft. You just gotta get to NYC and get in line a wee bit early (like 9amish or something, not 6am or anything).  If you are dressed absurdly like a Redskins guy in a dress with a pig nose they give you good seats.

Or at least that's the way it was in the Madison Square garden Theater days when David Carr and Joey H were drafted.

Now they do it in Radio City Hall I think

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 11:27:10 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

It's actually free to go to the draft. You just gotta get to NYC and get in line a wee bit early (like 9amish or something, not 6am or anything).  If you are dressed absurdly like a Redskins guy in a dress with a pig nose they give you good seats.

Or at least that's the way it was in the Madison Square garden Theater days when David Carr and Joey H were drafted.

Now they do it in Radio City Hall I think
[/quote]

Yeah they do now.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:56 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
according to necn this is the Pats work out list

bery bery eenteresting.

http://www.necn.com/03/29/10/UPDATED-The-Patriots-Draft-Workout-List/landing_sports.html?blockID=206308&feedID=3352

only one real first round defensive back in there

Zero offensive linemen

they brought in Armanti Edwards the Appalachian St QB. They seem to like former Qbs

two names I'm a little surprised aren't there are Golden Tate and Rolando McClain, but maybe BB feels like he has had a good enough relationship with Nick Saban and Charlie Weis that with their word and video he doesn't need to meet with them

Also I heard on ESPN that Jimmy Claussen had a good pro day hitting 57 out of 59 passes and that the other two were knocked down by imaginary defenders. Good point on the joke. Reminds me of Yi and the chair that played defense. I think that chair became a legit late 2nd round prospect after that

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Please let them draft Dexter McCluster.

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im a fan of Art Jones out of cuse.  3 time all big east DT who would be a DE in the 3-4. He tore his MCL last year so a one time 1st round projection is down to 4th round.  Great value there i think.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I guess players I really like in no order are

Golden Tate - return man, played in Weiss offense, smart, good after catch

Damian Williams - succeeded under two coaches and three QBs in both the SEC and Pac - 10, good size

Myron Pryor - former TOP high school recruit started from day one and was Rhodes Scholar

Ryan Mathews

Toby Gearhart - love his smash mouth running style and he's never been hurt

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
well here's some big names visting the pats

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/search/label/Official%20Visit

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Damian Williams - succeeded under two coaches and three QBs in both the SEC and Pac - 10, good size

Myron Pryor - former TOP high school recruit started from day one and was Rhodes Scholar

Ryan Mathews

I think you are confusing some names.  Pryor is already on the pats (dlineman). 

Myron ROLLE is the safety I think you are talking about

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ryan Mathews

I think you are confusing some names.  Pryor is already on the pats (dlineman). 

Myron ROLLE is the safety I think you are talking about
thank you thank you. Yes. There are a lot of myron's out there. It's a name that's confusing me.

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Will Rolle still be on the board when the Pats pick?

If so I think he'd be a great player to have for your team.

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2010, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Meh the less florida state guys the better.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I like the guy but they have more pressing needs than safety.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Since I do not watch enough college football to have an intellegent palyer selection, I will that to Bill and his crew.

I do however strongly have an opinion on what positions they need to address. My wish list is as follows:

1)Outside Linebacker who can rush the passer as the Pats had about the worst pass rush in the league.
2) wide receiver as Moss is in his last year and was dropping quite a lot of passes last year. I'll be surprised to see Welker back at all next season. After that they have a whole lot of unproven. Wish they could have gotten Bolden but that ship sailed.
3) tight end. Even though they didn't use the TE as much last year I have to think especially with lack of wide out that the TE will be more important, and they don't have one now.
4) runningback. I still think Marony could be alright he's not a full time back and the rest of these guys could play for the Celics, they're so old.
If they can fill thoughs 4 positions, I'll be happy. I know they could use some help on the D line, but I think they have a couple of guys who might just step up this year to fill Seymore's old spot. Maybe Brace or the other rookie last year who player pretty well. Sorry I can't think of his name right now.