Author Topic: NFL Draft 2010  (Read 59209 times)

Re: NFL Draft 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I saw Mel K talking bout Colt McCoy's pro day workout last week. He said QBs usually don't help themselves much with these things, but Colt definitely did. Apparently he hit on all his passes 100% without a drop.

I saw some video. His arm looks like it was never hurt. He did the same thing as Tebow working out in the cutoff shirt and his arms looked like guns. They were like 2/3rds the size of Tim's which is huge.

I do not see the wisdom of giving Bradford $20 mill guaranteed, when you can keep the pick, take Suh, and still get Colt.

Why are you even posting about the NFL Draft right after a Celtics game?
The NFL draft is a major event. A Celts game isn't. Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.

You're a terrible Celtics fan.
I submit that I am a good fan. I demand a good product and good effort. I am not an enabler or lack of effort apologist, or a Celtics slave. That is not a good fan.

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I saw Mel K talking bout Colt McCoy's pro day workout last week. He said QBs usually don't help themselves much with these things, but Colt definitely did. Apparently he hit on all his passes 100% without a drop.

I saw some video. His arm looks like it was never hurt. He did the same thing as Tebow working out in the cutoff shirt and his arms looked like guns. They were like 2/3rds the size of Tim's which is huge.

I do not see the wisdom of giving Bradford $20 mill guaranteed, when you can keep the pick, take Suh, and still get Colt.

The NFL draft is a major event. A Celts game isn't. Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.

That is not nice and I hope that is in jest. eja is a huge football fan besides being a huge Celtic fan and if he feels like talking NFL because the celtics have disappointed him, then so be it. It doesn't make him a bad fan.

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Plus the Pats put out more effort to be consistently good and reward their fans. It's ok to reward them for that. There's not a single Julian Edlemen on the Celts right now, never mind Welker or Brady.

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

That is not nice and I hope that is in jest. eja is a huge football fan besides being a huge Celtic fan and if he feels like talking NFL because the celtics have disappointed him, then so be it. It doesn't make him a bad fan.

I deleted that comment because it was wrong, but he should be a Celtics fan through the good and bad and not just half way.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Plus the Pats put out more effort to be consistently good and reward their fans. It's ok to reward them for that. There's not a single Julian Edlemen on the Celts right now, never mind Welker or Brady.

I beg to differ Rondo is pretty darn good and Pierce still is too.

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I deleted that comment because it was wrong, but he should be a Celtics fan through the good and bad and not just half way.
So he can't be a Celtics fan and a Patriots fan simultaneously?

This is the second time this week I have seen you jump all over good long time posters for not being the type of fan you want them to be.

Dude, you need to chill on that.

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
 Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.
[/quote]

This is the second time this week I have seen you jump all over good long time posters for not being the type of fan you want them to be.

When did I say he couldn't be a Patriots fan? NEVER! I'm glad he is a Patriots fan and I am him with him there i loving the Pats. But saying you are not going to watch the Celtics just because they are not playing as well is not a good fan.

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I admit Rondo is the most watchable Celtic to me, followed probably by Perk. I miss Delonte and Powe. But generally speaking if the rest of the team were traded tomorrow I'd be very curious to find out what we got

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

And what is the difference if he is a long time poster or not.

He's trying to say the C's aren't trying so he isn't going to watch them because of that it's a little frustrating to see someone say that especially after a tough loss like tonights.

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

He's trying to say the C's aren't trying so he isn't going to watch them because of that it's a little frustrating to see someone say that especially after a tough loss like tonights.
You have zero right to comment on what type of fan he is. It's disrespectful and against the rules and my guess is you will probably be hearing the same thing from a mod very soon.

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I admit Rondo is the most watchable Celtic to me, followed probably by Perk. I miss Delonte and Powe. But generally speaking if the rest of the team were traded tomorrow I'd be very curious to find out what we got

I wish we could have Delonte and Powe back too (the Powe before the knee injury).

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Besides. If the Celts have decided they don't have to give full effort every game, then I've decided I don't have to pay attention to them every game.

When did I say he couldn't be a Patriots fan? NEVER! But saying you are not going to watch the Celtics just because they are not playing as well is not a good fan.
[/quote]I am all about the die hard Never-say-Never live and die by the Celts through thick and thin fans who think all Celts walk on water at all times and follow them religiously through thick and thin, and give 100% of their heart to them at all times.

I'm just not one of them. I recognize that they may be legitimately frustrated with me and even consider themselves a better fan than me and maybe they are.

But I'm still not built like that.

I'm not not supporting them as much because they are losing. I enjoyed watching the team that thought they'd get Oden. But somehow I felt a team that was clearly tanking was somehow playing harder and putting out more effort than this one. That's bad. I don't have to watch that.

Honestly I haven't had cable for 2 years and it's pained me to not watch the celts while my wife watches reality tv. But that's the way it is. I read this place, watch on the computer a little, watch at my parent's home, listen to the radio, read box scores, and maybe a bar, but it's annoying when I go out of my way to watch and every time I do they are stinking it up to an inferior team.

Whereas I love the draft.  

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

You have zero right to comment on what type of fan he is. It's disrespectful and against the rules and my guess is you will probably be hearing the same thing from a mod very soon.

Well then, I guess when a Celtics fan says a Celtics game isn't a big deal isn't a big event and saying the Celtics aren't trying and saying you aren't going to watch the C's because you think they aren't trying and how they are not playing, that I should just let it go and let them disrespect the Celtics.

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

When did I say he couldn't be a Patriots fan? NEVER! But saying you are not going to watch the Celtics just because they are not playing as well is not a good fan.
I am all about the die hard Never-say-Never live and die by the Celts through thick and thin fans who think all Celts walk on water at all times and follow them religiously through thick and thin, and give 100% of their heart to them at all times.

I'm just not one of them. I recognize that they may be legitimately frustrated with me and even consider themselves a better fan than me and maybe they are.

But I'm still not built like that.

I'm not not supporting them as much because they are losing. I enjoyed watching the team that thought they'd get Oden. But somehow I felt a team that was clearly tanking was somehow playing harder and putting out more effort than this one. That's bad. I don't have to watch that.

Honestly I haven't had cable for 2 years and it's pained me to not watch the celts while my wife watches reality tv. But that's the way it is. I read this place, watch on the computer a little, watch at my parent's home, listen to the radio, read box scores, and maybe a bar, but it's annoying when I go out of my way to watch and every time I do they are stinking it up to an inferior team.

Whereas I love the draft.  
[/quote]

You should just be glad you get to watch the Celtics.

And the draft is just a selection of players not even a game, yes I love the NFL, but I'll watch a game over a draft any day of the week.

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2010, 11:17:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This is how I feel about the whole thing aside from sort of destroying an NFL draft thread.

I'm oblivious Clinton. He's the kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRG9r8tQ9zg