Author Topic: NFL Draft 2010  (Read 59212 times)

NFL Draft 2010
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Never too early.

Try talking about this without mentioning Tim Tebow. It CAN'T be done.

The Pats have a first and three 2nds.  That's good. Not only that, but they're all I think #17 or higher.

Honestly I think they should go 100% offense with those picks

In theory the defense is still getting better. Wilhite, Butler, Merriweather, Chung, and God help us Wheatley should get better.

The young LBs should get better and we get back two years worth of draft picks from injury there in the form of Ty McKenzie and Crable.

Hopefully the young Dlinemen Brace, Pryor, and D Richard grow too.

Add some late round picks and maybe a free agent to that as well as performing some chemo on Adalius Thomas and at the very least talent wise they shoul be better on defense, which isn't saying much

But on offense I figure you go something like

1 WR....Dez Bryant?  Brady HAS to have someone other than Moss and Edlemen to throw too.  Our TEs aren't good. Our backups are Aiken and Isiah Stanbeck so the rookie doesn't have to be great to help. They've struck out on free agents like Joey Galloway and 2nd rounders like Bethel Johnson.

2. Tobey Gearhart.  Hard runner. Tough dude.

3. A TE maybe. But Belichek has never seemed to evaluate TEs all that well. None of his TEs have ever really worked out to help. Not D Graham. Not B Watson. Not C Baker. Not Kyle Brady. Not the kid from Texas whose name I can't remember. Not Garret mills.   
Maybe best available. Maybe OLB Sean Lee from Penn State (yeah I know what I said)

Orrrrrrrr.....juuuusssssttt maaayyyyybbeeee TIM TEBOW!  Don't even tell me you wouldn't be excited.

4. A nasty guard. Stephen Neal is a free agent and had a tough year I think. I'm not sure Rich Olhenberg is ready. He might be better suited as depth.

Make Vollmer starting left tackle. Consider moving Light to right side. Consider cutting him.  Consider drafting another tackle.

That would conceivably give the Pats a better D, and Tom someone to throw to, someone to hand it to, and someone to protect him, which is a lot more than you can say for this year.

Then load up with LBs, and DLs in the later rounds.  I don't think the Pats have a 3rd rounder. I'm not sure if we'll get compensatory picks

Also if the pick isn't there with the 17th pick trade down.  I'm as tired of this as anyone, but if it's not there it's not there.

Re: NFL Draft 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:49:30 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
For me:

First round: Ricky Sapp OLB
Second round: Mike Iupati OL, Toby Gerhart RB, Brandon LeFell WR
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I want CJ Spiller in the first round.  Get a speed running back that is a good receiver out of the back field. 
do it

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I want CJ Spiller in the first round.  Get a speed running back that is a good receiver out of the back field. 

I do like Spiller.

I just have a hard time justifying taking a RB in the first round of today's NFL.  Recent history has shown you can get real quality backs in the latter rounds.

I'd prefer the Pats to focus on defensive front 7 and offensive line early on.  Possibly a WR too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

I do like Spiller.

I just have a hard time justifying taking a RB in the first round of today's NFL.  Recent history has shown you can get real quality backs in the latter rounds.

I'd prefer the Pats to focus on defensive front 7 and offensive line early on.  Possibly a WR too.

Very true as well, but I think Spiller is the real deal.  I believe he has the potential to be a Chris Johnson like back and I'd like to see them get that RB that can be here for the next 8-10 years.  I do agree though that the defensive front 7 and the o-line is very important for them to look into.
do it

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Orrrrrrrr.....juuuusssssttt maaayyyyybbeeee TIM TEBOW!  Don't even tell me you wouldn't be excited.

I wouldn't be excited.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I do like Spiller.

Agreed, although I would wait until 2nd round or later to address WR.  Like RB, there is a lot of quality at this position deep into the draft.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I want DT Art Jones out of Cuse.  All Big east two years in a row.  Would have been a first round pick had he not hurt his knee towards the end of the season.  Is playing in the senior bowl. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Don't be suprised to see a major shock move in Tim Tebow.  The thought is that he can play while learning.  That said, I hope it goes RB, DE/OLB, CB, OL (in that order).
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My preference for the first four picks
3-4 DE
3-4 OLB
Workhourse rb
Explosive wr/rb

This team needs people that make big plays, that being said if we pick a good o lineman instead of a wr I'd still be happy. Also we need to get a good return man like Javier Arenas out of this draft probably in the 4th.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm not worried about the WR spot as much as most.  I want to see Brandon Tate next year.  He was a force in college, but missed 2009 due to injury.  He showed a couple of flashes before he tweaked the knee and they shut him down.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Tennessee Safety Eric Berry ran a 4.46 and 4.40 in the 40-yard dash at the combine, (unofficial) ... always loved this kid, and not just for his speed. It would be very cool to see a Safety go in the Top Ten, and this guy's a possibility. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't put much stock in mock drafts but they do make for fun reading.  Don Banks, who I think is one of SI's best football people, posted his latest mock draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/04/mock.draft.1/index.html?eref=sihp

Obviously, the biggest eyebrow raiser is Bradford going first overall to the Rams.  The guy clearly has pro talent but is coming off a pretty signficant injury.  To me, I think the safer bet would be Suh.  The guy is a stud and their is enough QB talent out there in this draft to grab a solid talent in the 2nd round. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'd like to see them come up with a stud running back who can carry the ball 20-plus times a game for 100 yards or so.
This would allow them to go back to a more balanced offense, 50-50 run-pass.
This, in turn, would keep defenses honest, and help protect Brady (their most valuable asset) from constant blitzing.
It would also cut down on double teaming their wide receivers.
Finally, I love that Toby Gearhart guy!

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Still very bitter that the Lions didn't have a shot at Sam Bradford last year. Stupid Bradford.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner