Author Topic: Jaylen plus parts for Beal  (Read 2725 times)

Re: Jaylen plus parts for Beal
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 02:06:57 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Easy pass for me

We have 3 guys who are most effective having the ball on offense (Kemba, JT, GH). Adding Beal makes that 4. Were already underutilizing Hayward. Adding Beal means we’ll likely underutilize him or Kemba.

Plus we lose Jaylen’s defense.
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 08:02:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brown is better defensively, is younger and is on a more friendly contract, so I'd probably pass. As I mentioned in another thread regarding Devin Booker, I'd probably only pull the trigger if we flipped Kemba for Holiday so our defence didn't lose anything. In fact, going from Brown and Kemba to Beal and Holiday is probably a defensive upgrade, Holiday is that good.

A few things in Beal's favour is that he is a truly awesome offensive player, still quite young, and he's close with JT.

Smart, Kanter, Langford and Poirier gets it done salary wise. Do we have the picks to throw in to get Washington to do that deal? We could still then do a deal based on a Kemba - Holiday swap.

Would have a starting lineup of Holiday-Beal-Brown-Tatum-Theis with Hayward as the 6th man, hopefully having opted out and extended. It's crazy to propose so much roster upheaval, but that team would be super nasty
Zero chance we get Beal for that deal.  Beal average 30 a game last year.  To get someone like him what you give up has to hurt some.
Especially given what he just said about staying in Washington until he retires (if we take it at face value). It would cost Brown
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 09:15:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Brown is better defensively, is younger and is on a more friendly contract, so I'd probably pass. As I mentioned in another thread regarding Devin Booker, I'd probably only pull the trigger if we flipped Kemba for Holiday so our defence didn't lose anything. In fact, going from Brown and Kemba to Beal and Holiday is probably a defensive upgrade, Holiday is that good.

A few things in Beal's favour is that he is a truly awesome offensive player, still quite young, and he's close with JT.

Smart, Kanter, Langford and Poirier gets it done salary wise. Do we have the picks to throw in to get Washington to do that deal? We could still then do a deal based on a Kemba - Holiday swap.

Would have a starting lineup of Holiday-Beal-Brown-Tatum-Theis with Hayward as the 6th man, hopefully having opted out and extended. It's crazy to propose so much roster upheaval, but that team would be super nasty
Zero chance we get Beal for that deal.  Beal average 30 a game last year.  To get someone like him what you give up has to hurt some.
Especially given what he just said about staying in Washington until he retires (if we take it at face value). It would cost Brown
they can ask.  doesn't mean they'll get him.  the idea of adding Beal would be to combine with Tatum and Brown, not substitute for one of them.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Even though our offense can be quite bad at times I really feel like this team doesn't need more 'offense'.  Mostly, we just need a system that better utilizes the offensive talent we already have (and maybe an upgrade at the 5).

Yes, Beal would absolutely be an upgrade over Brown on that end of the court, but I'm not convinced it would actually translate to a better overall offensive output, and it definitely would hurt our defense.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 09:41:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Even though our offense can be quite bad at times I really feel like this team doesn't need more 'offense'.  Mostly, we just need a system that better utilizes the offensive talent we already have (and maybe an upgrade at the 5).

Yes, Beal would absolutely be an upgrade over Brown on that end of the court, but I'm not convinced it would actually translate to a better overall offensive output, and it definitely would hurt our defense.

Great point.

What makes Timelord look good out there is that he’s a good change of pace offensively. All of a sudden we have a vertical threat. I think the C’s would feel the impact of a DeAndre-like Jordan big (not advocating for DJ, specifically) more and is also one of the main reasons why I think it’d be a good idea to move Hayward.

GH is skilled enough that a team would be willing to give up someone of value (ideally a big) while we stay dominant on the perimeter with JT/JB

- LilRip

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The cost difference between the players makes this a "no".