Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 26913 times)

NJCeltsFan, libermaniac and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2024, 04:49:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Not much of an update, but at least he is on the court..

Tim Bontemps: Kristaps Porzingis in on the court doing standstill shooting here at Celtics practice today.  – via Twitter TimBontemps
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2024, 05:29:52 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993

Tim Bontemps: Kristaps Porzingis in on the court doing standstill shooting here at Celtics practice today.  – via Twitter TimBontemps

Honestly that sounds like he’s ahead of Jarrett Allen.

« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2024, 09:08:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2024, 11:06:45 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978

Yeah man !  ;D

« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2024, 01:04:34 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402

Yeah man !  ;D

I’m convinced that BGL is Ric…these pics are all actually his selfies  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2024, 05:57:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
good news he's back on the court, its only been about what 9 days? probably still out this series but definitely a sign the injury isn't as bad as we feared.

« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2024, 06:37:07 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
I don’t think we need him till next round so let that calf heal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2024, 10:14:08 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I don’t think we’ll need Porzingis until the Finals to be honest. Any series with the Cavs, Knicks or Pacers should go 4-0 or 4-1, worst.

I know they’ll bring him back when he’s ready but Inwould be in no rush. The worst thing that could happen is he comes back too early and gets injured again as we head into the finals because we rushed him back…

If we can’t get to the finals without Porzingis, against the remaining east teams, we’re not a championship squad anyway…

« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2024, 10:56:51 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483
I hope he plays in the ECF.  I don't want Zinger rusty for the finals.  He needs a few games to get his wind and rhythm.  Now I would not put him out there if there is a chance to reinjure it but I'd prefer him sit this series but come back for game 3 or 4 if possible in the ECF.

« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2024, 11:11:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970

I mean, do we really *need* KP even for next round, especially if OG is out? Really don’t think we do with all their injuries. Even without KP, our offensive firepower is lightyears ahead of NYK, and we’re significantly better than them defensively.

« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2024, 01:09:51 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 565

I mean, do we really *need* KP even for next round, especially if OG is out? Really don’t think we do with all their injuries. Even without KP, our offensive firepower is lightyears ahead of NYK, and we’re significantly better than them defensively.

I agree. No, they do not. Kristaps is critical in certain switch heavy match ups against elite defenses. The Celtics will generate plenty of good offense against either the Pacers or the Knicks just by driving on their over matched perimeter defenses then kicking out for threes or finishing at the rim against stretched defenses.

I would be disappointed if a Knicks/Pacers series went longer than five games without KP. People seem to forget that this is basically a better version of a team that went to the  Finals/Gm7 of the ECF the last two years becasue Whites shooting is way better, Brown and Tatum are better and the bench is better.

Where they will need KP is a Wolves/OKC match up. in those cases its critical to get Chet/Gobert out of the paint by making them cover a three point bomber and give them a way to generate easy buckets on switches. The C's can beat NY or Ind just by attacking Tatum/Brown mismatches becasue those teams don't have the wing defenders to stop them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 01:15:11 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2024, 01:15:12 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489

No, they do not. Kristaps is critical in certain switch heavy match ups against elite defenses. The Celtics will generate plenty of good offense against either the Pacers or the Knicks just by driving on their over matched perimeter defenses then kicking out for threes or finishing at the rim against stretched defenses.

I would be disappointed if a Knicks/Pacers series went longer than five games without KP. People seem to forget that this is basically a better version of a team that went to the  Finals/Gm7 of the ECF the last two years becasue Whites shooting is way better, Brown and Tatum are better and the bench is better.
Yeah, almost every facet is better. The only part that is worse is an Older Al, and no Timelord (excluding Zinger since he is currently out.)

White's current level of play is the biggest jump. He is an unbelievable player.
#JKJB

« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2024, 01:21:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 565

No, they do not. Kristaps is critical in certain switch heavy match ups against elite defenses. The Celtics will generate plenty of good offense against either the Pacers or the Knicks just by driving on their over matched perimeter defenses then kicking out for threes or finishing at the rim against stretched defenses.

Yeah, almost every facet is better. The only part that is worse is an Older Al, and no Timelord (excluding Zinger since he is currently out.)

White's current level of play is the biggest jump. He is an unbelievable player.

Ya no TimeLord is fair. But TimeLord was also dealing with injuries during the last two runs. He was down to a 20min a game guy last year by the ECF.

The Knicks without OG have 4 guys they trust. Brunson is 6'1, Hart and Donte are 6'4. Hartenstein is solid as a center. Then two guys in McBride and Achiuwa who will play but are meh. Tatum+Brown will just shoot right over their defenders. They have probably the best mix of guys to guard Brunson in the league. I just don't see how Knicks compete in a series. I'll give them one becasue i respect Brunson, but its a 5 game series without OG and maybe even with him.

« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2024, 12:09:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

Assuming we advance, Game 3 of the ECF is a lock to be May 25. 13 days from today. Realistic to maybe hope KP ramps up during the next 1.5 weeks and could make his return for this game?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2024, 12:57:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Assuming we advance, Game 3 of the ECF is a lock to be May 25. 13 days from today. Realistic to maybe hope KP ramps up during the next 1.5 weeks and could make his return for this game?

That's a 3-day gap between the 21st and 25th for the first set. Might be beneficial for Porzingis but for the team as a whole, will rust play a factor? On the bright side, they would be traveling (assuming we advance) just before the third game on the 25th.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:07:43 PM by SparzWizard »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)