Author Topic: You have to admit Hield makes sense  (Read 2071 times)

You have to admit Hield makes sense
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Fills a need: scorer. He is actually older than some of our other players, and I think could thus shine. CBS is a great coach for him defensively, and we know work ethic won't be an issue (a probable must to get minutes on this team). Granted it would mean moving a few good players (Turner/Smart/Bradley/Rozier). But a good shooter like that could really open things up for IT inside. If Olynyk's shot keeps improving, we would be two pieces (two big pieces) away. We don't need another non-shooter.

Hield should be it our choice at 3, or we should trade 3 and change to get him and another good player.

Re: You have to admit Hield makes sense
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:37:20 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Fills a need: scorer. He is actually older than some of our other players, and I think could thus shine. CBS is a great coach for him defensively, and we know work ethic won't be an issue (a probable must to get minutes on this team). Granted it would mean moving a few good players (Turner/Smart/Bradley/Rozier). But a good shooter like that could really open things up for IT inside. If Olynyk's shot keeps improving, we would be two pieces (two big pieces) away. We don't need another non-shooter.

Hield should be it our choice at 3, or we should trade 3 and change to get him and another good player.
If Hield can replicate his college his college production then yeah, he makes sense.  But that's the question; how effective will he be in the NBA? 

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »

Offline NHHillbilly

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
Some guys find a way to be productive, Hield seems to be like that.  I like the risk that Hield figures out the NBA better than the risk of athletes who don't get it (Kedrick Brown) or take a long time to get it (Gerald Green).  That Hield made a jump from Junior to Senior year is a good sign.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
hield makes sense and will be a very good nba player. but he makes less sense than dunn, bender, murray, and brown.

why? because i think each of them will have better careers and be more valuable to the celtics over the course of their careers.

hield is good. the others appear to be better to me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Hield can probably come in averaging 41%-44% from 3pt range. That's probably why the LAL like him and see him spreading the floor for the SUPERSTARS they will bring in this/next off-season.

I hope we get Buddy if Ingram does not fall or if they ask for a trade.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1556
Hield absolutely does not make sense at 3.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hield can probably come in averaging 41%-44% from 3pt range. That's probably why the LAL like him and see him spreading the floor for the SUPERSTARS they will bring in this/next off-season.

Should Lakers trade down to 3 and get Crowder? Crowder and Heild for Ingram is a great deal. Russell, Heild, Crowder sets three positions.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He makes sense if you are risk-averse and prefer a low-risk, lower-ceiling-player to one with more star potential and more bust potential.

I wouldn't close the door on drafting Hield, but there are a lot of red flags to be concerned about.  Players who are college seniors and older players who make large improvements in their final year tend to have a poor track record in the NBA.  He has no physical tools that stand out.  Scoring is the college skill that is the least likely to translate to the NBA.

I lean towards no on Hield, but I could be convinced if you could show me that he's not just a hard worker but he would be in the top ten hardest workers in the NBA.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
hield makes sense and will be a very good nba player. but he makes less sense than dunn, bender, murray, and brown.

why? because i think each of them will have better careers and be more valuable to the celtics over the course of their careers.

hield is good. the others appear to be better to me.

and this is where I'm torn on the info we are receiving from the C's front office on these workouts & overseas trips.

if Ainge thought he had the inside track on Hield truly being BPA, he'd probably want us all to come to the same conclusion you have so he that can obtain him without using #3. 

we've pumped up so many players (first Austin loved Bender, then Brad loved Brown, then Danny likes Chriss, now its Murray & Dunn) I can't help but call smokescreen.

my guess is we package the #3/wing for a stud, then consolidate our way into Hield on draft day. 

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I understand all the doubts but Hield would still be my guy at #3 (assuming Simmons and Ingram go 1 and 2).

edit: Should be able to trade down for him, but if not I'd still take him #3 straight up.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »

• Ray Allen

Should Lakers trade down to 3 and get Crowder? Crowder and Heild for Ingram is a great deal. Russell, Heild, Crowder sets three positions.
They will def be going at Westbrook next off-season, among others like Durant and a CENTER. Crowder would be great for that team and allow them to save money and also if they land someone LAL can always trade him.
I wonder what it could take to also get Russell in this deal? Because we need a point guard besides IT that can shoot the hell out of the 3 and also defend and create......I would love to trade for Zach Lavine
It's important that we also get Okafor and to do so we would have to get another pick in the 4-6 range , that should be enough. I wish we could trade Marcus Smart for him but I do not know if they would except that even with later picks.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 04:15:06 PM »

• Ray Allen
I understand all the doubts but Hield would still be my guy at #3 (assuming Simmons and Ingram go 1 and 2).

edit: Should be able to trade down for him, but if not I'd still take him #3 straight up.
The Lakers might want him and may propose a trade with Ingram coming to us. Without getting fleeced maybe this may be alright:
Buddy Hield
Crowder
Smart
Ingram
Deangelo Russell
nick young eat his contract

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd be happy with Hield. I agree with others he's a safer pick with a lower ceiling but that works for me. If we take Brown I'm going to be worried on many levels, not saying he can't be good but I have a lot of concern about him.