Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 151350 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #1230 on: January 24, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
if the pats kicked a fg on that 1st 4th down drive , they would have won the game with the gronk td .....
Pats got out coached.

« Reply #1231 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
We were pressing all game because of that missed extra point and the Denver crowd.

« Reply #1232 on: January 24, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
it sure will be nice to have Dion Lewis back next year, could have used him today
You misspelled Nate Solder.

We wouldn't have been any better if Lewis was there instead of White today. White was pretty good.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1233 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
it sure will be nice to have Dion Lewis back next year, could have used him today
You misspelled Nate Solder.

We wouldn't have been any better if Lewis was there instead of White today. White was pretty good.

I thought White played well but there were a couple of passes in the middle that you could see a little daylight that Lewis probably would have exploited.  But... this game was a catch-up game the whole way against a very very good defense -- Lewis may not have made the difference. 

« Reply #1234 on: January 24, 2016, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well, Pats fans can take some solace in knowing that with the O-line finally exposed on this big a stage and Brady needing a better receiving core, those sore points can't be glazed over by a trip to the Super Bowl.

was it just me or on that drive where the Pats went for it on 4th and failed, those 2 passes that were too long for White --> did anyone else think White should have had both of those and the fact he didn't get them showed he doesn't have the speed (or length) to be put on the sideline going for a long pass?

« Reply #1235 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
if the pats kicked a fg on that 1st 4th down drive , they would have won the game with the gronk td .....
Pats got out coached.
Here's a question: what's easier, forcing a 3 and out or converting either a 2pt or an onsite kick?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1236 on: January 24, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
well, Pats fans can take some solace in knowing that with the O-line finally exposed on this big a stage and Brady needing a better receiving core, those sore points can't be glazed over by a trip to the Super Bowl.
If Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and White/Lewis are not enough, I don't know what to tell you. Most other teams have to get by with less. Also, there are only that many dollars on the cap.

« Reply #1237 on: January 24, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and White/Lewis are not enough, I don't know what to tell you. Most other teams have to get by with less. Also, there are only that many dollars on the cap.
just offering my 2 cents as a non-Pats fan.

Gronk, E and A are fine but they need a receiver that can really stretch a defense.  Give Brady a Moss-like receiver and look what he can do.  I think White showed today that they need someone better out there.  it's easier said than done to get that kind of receiver but that type of player with some O-line improvements would do wonders for helping Brady next year

« Reply #1238 on: January 24, 2016, 07:10:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
a real disappointing end to the Pats season.

There is a silver lining, though. And that is that I can start to focus on the celtics in earnest now.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #1239 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Pats got out coached.
Here's a question: what's easier, forcing a 3 and out or converting either a 2pt or an onsite kick?
The way the game was going you have to go for the 3 and out. Broncos were pretty bad in second half on offense.

« Reply #1240 on: January 24, 2016, 07:17:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Gronk, E and A are fine but they need a receiver that can really stretch a defense.  Give Brady a Moss-like receiver and look what he can do.  I think White showed today that they need someone better out there.  it's easier said than done to get that kind of receiver but that type of player with some O-line improvements would do wonders for helping Brady next year
Brady doesn't need that at this stage of his career. He is not all that precise down the field anymore, and the offense really shouldn't be predicated on him having to pump it downfield with regularity. He had White open down the field multiple times and overthrew him.

From my point of view, he needs a 1st down RB who can take it down the middle with impunity. Blount was (kind of) that guy, and Lewis' ability to elude tacklers made him better in the running game than White (or Vereen for that matter).

« Reply #1241 on: January 24, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Pats got out coached.
The way the game was going you have to go for the 3 and out. Broncos were pretty bad in second half on offense.

The way the game was going we had very little opportunities to score a TD.  Had to take that chance  on 4th down when you get it that close. 

« Reply #1242 on: January 24, 2016, 07:26:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
defense is good for a while , good skill position players on offense .

Needs
1) Help on the offensive line
2) another reliable receiver that can go deep
3) Legit starting running back
4) Pass rusher

Good thing the Pats don't have a 1st or 4th rd pick for no reason .....

« Reply #1243 on: January 24, 2016, 07:38:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Brady doesn't need that at this stage of his career. He is not all that precise down the field anymore, and the offense really shouldn't be predicated on him having to pump it downfield with regularity. He had White open down the field multiple times and overthrew him.

From my point of view, he needs a 1st down RB who can take it down the middle with impunity. Blount was (kind of) that guy, and Lewis' ability to elude tacklers made him better in the running game than White (or Vereen for that matter).
I think Gronk was hurt more than he let on. In any case, I agree that the Pats have greater needs than another receiver.  O line was pitiful today.

« Reply #1244 on: January 24, 2016, 07:39:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
defense is good for a while , good skill position players on offense .

Needs
1) Help on the offensive line
2) another reliable receiver that can go deep
3) Legit starting running back
4) Pass rusher

Good thing the Pats don't have a 1st or 4th rd pick for no reason .....
This team can get with a lot of smoke and mirrors, but playing Marcus Cannon full time is not one of them. Even presuming all the OLs we lost will be back full tilt next season, we will still need one more OT. Vollmer looks like he's on his last legs.