Author Topic: Chris Sheridan: I expect both Eric Bledsoe and Jabari Parker to be traded  (Read 4911 times)

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Middleton, Parker (S&T) + 2018 Bucks First Rounder for Kawhi.

Everyone is happy, including us as we keep him away from PHI, but also I still think we beat MIL since we're deeper.

What's there to do in Milwaukee. Nothing there will help his shoe business!

Why does Kawhi need to be in a big market to get a really good sneaker deal? Sneakers are a global business, and has very little to do with location of any player in this day and age. I grew up buying Jordan's. I could have cared less that Jordan played for Chicago. It has more to do with the player, than the team or city he plays for.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Middleton, Parker (S&T) + 2018 Bucks First Rounder for Kawhi.

Everyone is happy, including us as we keep him away from PHI, but also I still think we beat MIL since we're deeper.

What's there to do in Milwaukee. Nothing there will help his shoe business!

Why does Kawhi need to be in a big market to get a really good sneaker deal? Sneakers are a global business, and has very little to do with location of any player in this day and age. I grew up buying Jordan's. I could have cared less that Jordan played for Chicago. It has more to do with the player, than the team or city he plays for.

Because the shoe company wants Kawhi’s shoes to be on as many national broadcasts as possible.  The Lakers have been terrible for the last 5 years, but they’re still on all sorts of national broadcasts, and they’d be in even more if they were good.  So they’ll pay more for the major market because of the extra in-game advertising.  I’d be surprised if he hasn’t gotten estimates about his next shoe deal already based on different markets.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Parker can still be a very good player, and I’ll be fine if they lose him for nothing.

As for Bledsoe, he proved his worth in the playoffs.

Parker is still someone who I believe can drop 18/7, and his game isn't predicated on athleticism. So he will certainly age well, although he has to put more effort on the defensive end.

But Bledsoe really? He averaged 15.2 PPG, 4.2 APG, and 4.0 RPG, with okay 44%.

But he had one of the worst displays of perimeter defense I have ever seen in a while..
Oh, Bledsoe proved his worth in the playoffs alright.  ;D  So did Parker.  It is not high for either. 

Looks like Parker is never going to be the same player he was projected to be before the injury.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Parker to chicago my guess
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Parker to 76ers for fultz

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think a lot of teams would be interested in Jabari Parker, as his value should be diminished due to injuries.

Bledsoe had a bad playoff series. He looked below average. I can't imagine being the GM that gives him big $. 

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

No one wants Damaged Goods Fultz!

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
That would be a really BAD move by the Sixers.  Trading Fultz for Parker when Parker is an RFA makes no sense.  Giving up on Fultz after 1 year unless it is in a trade for a top player makes no sense.  Sixers wanting Parker makes no sense.  They already have Simmons, Saric and Covington so they don't have a need or a spot for Parker.  Parker is a terrible defender so Coach Brown wouldn't want him at all.  If they can't get a top level free agent this offseason, the Sixers should just sign 1 year deals so they can try again next offseason. 

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I'd much rather have Fultz than Parker. 

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yeah, you want to talk about damaged goods, Parker's already had two ACL surgeries on the same knee!

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Yeah, you want to talk about damaged goods, Parker's already had two ACL surgeries on the same knee!
he still got PT in the playoffs. Fultz didnt

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yeah I guess that is true. Could be a good deal for both sides. Fultz could probably do better in a smaller market given a mental problem.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

That doesn't mean squat for the future.  Embiid misses 1st two seasons and is now arguably the best center in the league.  Simmons misses his 1st season and arguably should have been an Allstar.  Absolutely no reason for the Sixers to give up on Fultz now unless it is in a trade for a star.  Fultz has got the potential skillset they need to complement Embiid and Simmons.  Even if they did want to trade him, the smart move is too play him during the regular season to build up his trade value. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:45:07 PM by tazzmaniac »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I hope Milwaukee fumbles this and Giannis gets disgruntled.  He's the one guy I'd love to see us ship some serious assets out for.

That is the wrong take to have from this development. What I take here is Giannis is going to be a locker room problem. Anytime you have a star player dictating to the team it is not a good thing.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think at present Terry Rozier has more trade value than Fultz.