Author Topic: Paul Pierce on Posey's Situation Article  (Read 6460 times)

Re: Paul Pierce on Posey's Situation Article
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Nice to see the captain taking a stand in trying to keep Posey.  You know that he appreciates what he did for our team last year. 

If he really cared however maybe he could just give some of his money to Posey  ;)
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
why doesn't pierce instead of acting like an assistant gm just donate a million so that we can actually sign posey.

the big three take up way too much money. Do they deserve such a money?? no. Are they getting what other players in their status are getting, yeah. But if they want win one or two more i think contract restructuring is necessary or else the only thing the celts can do for the next few years is play musical chairs when it comes to signing role players that can help us.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
why doesn't pierce instead of acting like an assistant gm just donate a million so that we can actually sign posey.

the big three take up way too much money. Do they deserve such a money?? no. Are they getting what other players in their status are getting, yeah. But if they want win one or two more i think contract restructuring is necessary or else the only thing the celts can do for the next few years is play musical chairs when it comes to signing role players that can help us.

You're not allowed to restructure contracts downward in the NBA.

I suppose if Pierce wanted to take money out of his own pocket and give it to Posey as a gift, he could do so, but that's not how the real world works.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
hobbs are you sure you cant?? For example with baseball arod restructered his lower and i remember another guy from football did also

Yeah donations wouldn't work since then other players would want some also.

Danny can pay posey what he wants for how many years he wants but he doesn't want to or believes posey is worth that much. Really can't blame either. Posey's lose won't be that big during the regular season(with another replacement) but come playoffs thats where we will really feel his loss

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
hobbs are you sure you cant?? For example with baseball arod restructered his lower and i remember another guy from football did also

Yeah, I think the NFL is the only sport that allows it.  When Arod tried to do it to facilitate a trade to the Red Sox, the union actually vetoed the deal.  I'm not sure about the NHL, but I know it's absolutely forbidden in the NBA.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

Yeah donations wouldn't work since then other players would want some also.

Danny can pay posey what he wants for how many years he wants but he doesn't want to or believes posey is worth that much. Really can't blame either. Posey's lose won't be that big during the regular season(with another replacement) but come playoffs thats where we will really feel his loss

Positive, Players can not restructure their contracts down, it goes against the current collective bargaining agreement.
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Even though it isn't, that sounds dangerously close to salary cap circumvention.

I suppose if Pierce wanted to take money out of his own pocket and give it to Posey as a gift, he could do so, but that's not how the real world works.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Even though it isn't, that sounds dangerously close to salary cap circumvention.

Yeah, I actually considered adding that caveat, but decided that that would just make things even more confusing.

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Pierce was just on Dale & Holley and he prefers Posey over Maggette.  So do I.  I think Maggette is a better player, but Posey fits perfectly with what the Celtics do.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson