Author Topic: Patriots Off-Season News  (Read 23670 times)

Re: Patriots Off-Season News
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 03:40:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
On another note, reports from Fowler on ESPN seem to indicate the Pats are "all-in" in their pursuit for Ridley. Please make it happen. And keep Bourne. Ridley, Douglas and Bourne as the Top-3 with Henry as the alpha TE is really good, and much better than anything we've had really since 2017/2018. Of course, QB and O-Line are huge needs too but I expect them to address most of that in the Draft.
doesn't make sense to me. Team isn't going to be any good and is better off using cap space on potential long term pieces, not older WR that aren't difference makers.

Yeah, I don’t buy it either. Ridley will be 30 this year and someone will overpay for him considering the top FA WR are off the board. Not something I see Kraft doing.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 09:11:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
On another note, reports from Fowler on ESPN seem to indicate the Pats are "all-in" in their pursuit for Ridley. Please make it happen. And keep Bourne. Ridley, Douglas and Bourne as the Top-3 with Henry as the alpha TE is really good, and much better than anything we've had really since 2017/2018. Of course, QB and O-Line are huge needs too but I expect them to address most of that in the Draft.

There's step 1! Not Ridley (yet...), but Bourne returning to NE. 3/19.5M, which can become 33M at maximum value if he hits incentives and such.

Awesome to have him back. Great #3 option who did very well in 2021 and 2023 before getting hurt (don't even care about that Patricia/Judge 2022 season and "doghouse" stuff, ugh) 

https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/status/1766993833290555813

Source: The #Patriots are re-signing WR Kendrick Bourne to a 3-year, $19.5 million contract.

Bourne’s deal carries a maximum value of $33 million and includes a $4.2 million signing bonus.

Bringing back Henry and Bourne to me is a good step. Those have been two of your most reliable guys since 2020 and you already made a mistake with Meyers. Don't repeat it. They can still add 1-2 weapons via FA or Draft. Hopefully Onwenu is next to help the O-Line.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 10:28:04 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
So the WR rotation or depth chart right now is:

Bourne
Parker
Ju Ju Smith
Douglas
Thornton
Boutte

Lots of questions marks in that group.  Is Ju Ju going to bounce back?  Hard to have much confidence in that.  Parker is a year older but still potentially a solid vet WR.  Douglas should be better.  I still think Boutte could be a good receiver but he and Thornton may not even make the team.

Despite the questions, I don't feel like the Pats should invest big FA money in a receiver this off season.  I would be happy with 2nd or 3rd round picks used for WR(s), and then maybe a second tier FA (and no, I don't know exactly who that might be).  Hope for the best with Ju Ju, see how some of the younger receivers develop, and revisit next off season.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
That is a bad unit overall, but I agree with your overall premise in that you don't spend much to improve it right now.  Solidify the line and see what Maye or Daniels looks like and go get the #1 next off season.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:37:16 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 10:39:47 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I’m thinking the Pats bring in Brissett as the QB, maybe sign Tyler Boyd or Noah Brown. Antonio Gibson at RB..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 10:59:57 AM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 02:11:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Where are all the fireworks? I was told there would be fireworks!

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 02:55:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ask & ye shall receive.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Source: The #Patriots are signing former #Commanders RB Antonio Gibson./quote]

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 03:07:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Ask & ye shall receive.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Actually predicted that one. Lol

Decent signing. I will take it.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 03:39:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
@AdamSchefter
·
30s
Patriots informed WR DeVante Parker that they are releasing him Wednesday and he now has been given permission to talk to other teams, per his agent Jimmy Gould.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 03:47:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
@AdamSchefter
·
30s
Patriots informed WR DeVante Parker that they are releasing him Wednesday and he now has been given permission to talk to other teams, per his agent Jimmy Gould.

Too bad he’s so injury prone. Does have talent when healthy. He showed us week 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpb0hYwRB14&pp=ygUYRGVjYW50ZSBwYXJrZXIgMTUwIHlhcmRz

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 03:47:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Malcolm Butler officially hangs up the cleats. Thanks for Superbowl 49...greatest interception of all time.

Will also never forget how big-ego Belichick put you in the doghouse in Superbowl 52, which costed the Patriots the Superbowl. Had you been able to play a few defensive snaps that game over Jordan Richards, we win that game and riding on a 3peat.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Ask & ye shall receive.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Actually predicted that one. Lol

Decent signing. I will take it.

If this is small money hard to have a problem with it. Replacing Zeke and a few years younger (25)

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 04:48:41 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Does signing Gibson signal that the Pats aren't going to pursue Henry?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 05:29:09 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Malcolm Butler officially hangs up the cleats. Thanks for Superbowl 49...greatest interception of all time.

Will also never forget how big-ego Belichick put you in the doghouse in Superbowl 52, which costed the Patriots the Superbowl. Had you been able to play a few defensive snaps that game over Jordan Richards, we win that game and riding on a 3peat.

Is this really news? He hasn't played since 2000.

I will never understand the Malcolm Butler worship, especially when it comes to his Superbowl benching. You would think he was the second coming of Derrell Revis. It's very simple...the Patriots lost that Superbowl because Brady couldn't lead the offense to touchdowns in the first half, and had to settle for field goals. The team had to play catch up the whole second half.

BTW, Malcolm Butler only played 3 more seasons after the "benching". Meanwhile, Nick Foles was and remained to be a journeyman quarterback.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 05:43:53 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Does signing Gibson signal that the Pats aren't going to pursue Henry?

They did sign Henry.   Do you mean Elliot?
n
https://www.bostonherald.com/2024/03/10/full-details-of-patriots-te-hunter-henrys-new-three-year-contract/