Author Topic: Drake Maye or Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels  (Read 2797 times)

Drake Maye or Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels
« on: December 07, 2023, 01:06:40 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Not long ago The Skins drafted RG3 and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. If we could trade down and Land Jayden Daniels,  maybe the next Lamar Jackson,  little less fast than Jackson but beget thrower and decision maker.

And we could grab Bo Nix my favorite QB in the draft.  5 year pla player that is playing lights out this year 40 TD to 3 picks I believe and completion percentage is ridiculous as well. Bo is also very athletic just not the gamebreaking speed on Daniels.

So who would you take. The 5 star stud in Maye, or the two spectacular second tier guys.

Re: Drake Maye or Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 01:54:51 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If available, I'm taking the best player in the draft, Marvin Harrison Jr. Daniel's and/or Nix may still be available early in the second round. Then again, I may draft an offensive lineman with the second round pick. The offensive line and getting elite playmakers has to come before the QB, or else your just going to ruin another QB.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 02:51:26 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
If available, I'm taking the best player in the draft, Marvin Harrison Jr. Daniel's and/or Nix may still be available early in the second round. Then again, I may draft an offensive lineman with the second round pick. The offensive line and getting elite playmakers has to come before the QB, or else your just going to ruin another QB.

Impatient as we all are, the line doesn’t need to be taken care of in year 1 and selected qb doesn’t need to start in year 1.  A sacrificial lamb veteran qb can start behind an insufficient line next season while young qb works his way into the NFL. 

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 03:05:44 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Impatient as we all are, the line doesn’t need to be taken care of in year 1 and selected qb doesn’t need to start in year 1.  A sacrificial lamb veteran qb can start behind an insufficient line next season while young qb works his way into the NFL.

Yes, kind of like Mahomes and Alex Smith in Kansas City. I would definitely not be starting any franchise QB behind our O line as it stands now, he would be broken the way Belichick broke Mac.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 03:07:09 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
No takers on Michael Penix Jr? Injury concerns?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 06:24:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
You take Drake Maye. If you trade back it is to pick up Harrison or an OT, not to pick up 2 lesser QB's.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 07:34:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Unless you believe the team is going to be just as bad again next year, you take the QB you think can be your franchise QB when you are in that position.   Then spend the rest of the draft and Free agency to put around him protection first, and weapons 2nd.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
No takers on Michael Penix Jr? Injury concerns?

I like Penix. Arm strength looks suspect Imo.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 09:32:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Penix basically failed at Indiana. He is obviously better now, but there is a reason he couldn't even really start at IU. Inaccurate, poor arm strength, prone to make terrible decisions in throws, etc.  Even at Washington his numbers aren't elite (more attempts, but fairly similar level to Kyle McCord as an example). 

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 09:34:58 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Unless you believe the team is going to be just as bad again next year, you take the QB you think can be your franchise QB when you are in that position.   Then spend the rest of the draft and Free agency to put around him protection first, and weapons 2nd.

I think the team will be just as bad next year.  The only reason I’d take a top 2 QB this year if I were the Pats is because next year’s draft looks terrible for QBs as far as I can tell (I’ve seen Drew Allar as the first one off the board on one list, and, um, no.)

But I think this is a very strong QB draft, and I’d still take MHJ at 2, or ideally later if you can trade back with someone who wants Maye, and take one of Daniels, Nix, and McCarthy later in the first or at the top of the second.  There are 5-6 QBs this year whom I’d take before anyone projected at the top of the QB board next year.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 09:41:41 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Maye's brother was a great college basketball at UNC, just not athletic enough for NBA

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 10:11:45 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
You take Drake Maye. If you trade back it is to pick up Harrison or an OT, not to pick up 2 lesser QB's.

No way Harrison isn't picked in the top 4. I'm not convinced Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are can't miss. I'm reminded of the 2021 draft, are Williams and Maye closer to Zach Wilson/Trey Lance in pre-draft hype but turm out to be busts.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

No way Harrison isn't picked in the top 4. I'm not convinced Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are can't miss. I'm reminded of the 2021 draft, are Williams and Maye closer to Zach Wilson/Trey Lance in pre-draft hype but turm out to be busts.
It isn't pre-draft hype late risers with Williams and Maye. They would have been 1 and 2 in the prior draft (lots of articles about it).  They've had this scrutiny and rating for years.  They aren't Lance and Wilson. Not even close.  Thst doesn't mean they live up to the potential, this just isn't what you are describing either.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

It isn't pre-draft hype late risers with Williams and Maye. They would have been 1 and 2 in the prior draft (lots of articles about it).  They've had this scrutiny and rating for years.  They aren't Lance and Wilson. Not even close.  Thst doesn't mean they live up to the potential, this just isn't what you are describing either.
I'm not sold on Willams or Maye either.  I'd trade down if it brings in a big haul. 

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2023, 01:43:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
I would take Drake Maye. I would rather take a swing on a player who most analysts say would be the 1st QB taken in most drafts. I am hoping as a team the Patriots make incremental improvements year over year. If that happens, they won't be in position to draft a Top QB or 2. Could they miss? Absolutely. I just think you should use your most valuable asset on the best possible version of the most important position in sports (if it is a good QB year.)
#JKJB