Author Topic: NFL 2023 Season  (Read 115383 times)

Re: NFL 2023 Season
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2023, 08:36:05 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Rodgers hurt on first drive. No word re: what it is but Zack Wilson finished the possession.
Wow & brought cart out so can’t be good..all u hear about this offseason was Rodgers & Jets..looks like ankle injury but hope it’s not Achilles tear, don’t like Rodgers but don’t want see anyone hurt
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2023, 08:47:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Questionable to return so probably just a sprained ankle
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2023, 08:51:46 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Questionable to return so probably just a sprained ankle

I heard it was throat spasms.

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2023, 08:51:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Rodgers hurt on first drive. No word re: what it is but Zack Wilson finished the possession.
Wow & brought cart out so can’t be good..all u hear about this offseason was Rodgers & Jets..looks like ankle injury but hope it’s not Achilles tear, don’t like Rodgers but don’t want see anyone hurt

Was thinking same thing about possible Achilles. His response didn’t seem like an ankle sprain but who knows?  Strange - didn’t respond like he was in a lot of pain. More like he knew something was wrong. You’d think with a sprain he’d be walking and testing it a bit. But he just stood and then sat back down.

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2023, 09:04:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Zach Wilson has a better QB Rating that Allen or Rodgers in this game.  Still 1st half, but not that early.  Ha.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2023, 09:10:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I’ll be surprised if it’s just a sprain.

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2023, 09:15:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I say maybe a broken bone and Jets won’t say anything until game over
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2023, 09:23:17 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Was thinking same thing about possible Achilles. His response didn’t seem like an ankle sprain but who knows?  Strange - didn’t respond like he was in a lot of pain. More like he knew something was wrong. You’d think with a sprain he’d be walking and testing it a bit. But he just stood and then sat back down.

Shock and adrenaline can cover up a lot of pain. I hope it's nothing serious, but I don't think him not appearing to be in much pain actually tells us anything
I'm bitter.

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2023, 09:32:44 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I say maybe a broken bone and Jets won’t say anything until game over

They already said the X-Rays are negative.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Shock and adrenaline can cover up a lot of pain. I hope it's nothing serious, but I don't think him not appearing to be in much pain actually tells us anything

I suppose I disagree, but we’ll know for sure soon. I can’t say I recall a severe ankle sprain without a pained response - but anything’s possible - we’re just guessing.

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2023, 10:09:58 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

I suppose I disagree, but we’ll know for sure soon. I can’t say I recall a severe ankle sprain without a pained response - but anything’s possible - we’re just guessing.

Hate to say it, but I think it’s an Achilles injury.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2023, 06:19:54 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Robert Saleh seemed to think so. That's curtains for the Jets if that were the case. At least the Patriots won't finish last in the AFC East  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2023, 08:24:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Robert Saleh seemed to think so. That's curtains for the Jets if that were the case. At least the Patriots won't finish last in the AFC East  :police:

That's my hope.  That Jets defense is no joke, though.  Gonna keep them in a lot of games even if Rodgers is out for the year.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2023, 08:38:36 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

They are showing a camera angle where you can see a big "pop" in his calf muscle.  I also understand that a ruptured Achilles can be diagnosed pretty reliably just based on an examination.  At this point, I think it would be a miracle if it isn't the Achilles.

What a blow to the Jets.  Wow.  And Buffalo looked pretty bad, Allen in particular.  All the sudden, the Patriots look a lot better.  Maybe this division won't be as tough as it first seemed.

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2023, 10:27:25 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

They are showing a camera angle where you can see a big "pop" in his calf muscle.  I also understand that a ruptured Achilles can be diagnosed pretty reliably just based on an examination.  At this point, I think it would be a miracle if it isn't the Achilles.

What a blow to the Jets.  Wow.  And Buffalo looked pretty bad, Allen in particular.  All the sudden, the Patriots look a lot better.  Maybe this division won't be as tough as it first seemed.

How quickly things can turn.  Wish Boutte kept his feet in bounds (should have) - Pats had a great chance to win. 

Excited to see what Pats can do with Miami next week.