Author Topic: Celtics (12-10) at Jazz (14-7) Game #23 12/3/21  (Read 20842 times)

Re: Celtics (12-10) at Jazz (14-7) Game #23 12/3/21
« Reply #510 on: December 04, 2021, 12:29:30 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck!

All you have to do is sprinkle in some passes and you have some good basketball.
Sprinkle? More like — substitute.

« Reply #511 on: December 04, 2021, 12:31:43 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck! Dribble dribble Dribble dribble Dribble dribble chuck!

All you have to do is sprinkle in some passes and you have some good basketball.

You gotta start somewhere..

« Reply #512 on: December 04, 2021, 12:37:07 AM »

Kiorrik

I just realized, I completely forgot that the Celtics were without Jaylen Brown tonight. Just shows you how good they were without him. The thought that he was out never crossed my mind during the game.

what are you saying…..if Jaylen gets you a big with two elite shooters do you do it?

Just saying how good the C's were and how good the game was tonight, and we can be even better with Jaylen.

But they seem to play better without him.

I have faith in the coaching staff. There are signs they’re getting this bunch to play together. Give them 20-40 games to work Jaylen in and I bet we’re going to see good stuff by playoff time.

Okay …20 game rule just moved to 40 game rule.

It's more that you don't wanna overreact either direction on the basis of just a couple games.

First 20 games showed us there's a lot to learn. Showed we started pretty terrible, and are trending up.

I advocated this in the other thread too; patience, and try to see the overall gameplan. Try to see the changes. How we're playing differently. More chemistry, etc.

« Reply #513 on: December 04, 2021, 02:05:50 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
C's played tremendous defense tonight and gave up 137 points, amazing shooting from the Jazz.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #514 on: December 04, 2021, 03:01:39 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Taylor Snow @taylorcsnow35m

The Celtics tonight became just the 2nd team in the last 35 seasons to score at least 130 points in regulation on Utah's home court.

Cs played well tonight. Game made me feel better than some of our wins. They need JT to return to the mean and JB to return to health, and they can beat most of the teams that will make it to the playoffs, Two big IFs though.

« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2021, 03:34:41 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I just realized, I completely forgot that the Celtics were without Jaylen Brown tonight. Just shows you how good they were without him. The thought that he was out never crossed my mind during the game.

what are you saying…..if Jaylen gets you a big with two elite shooters do you do it?

Just saying how good the C's were and how good the game was tonight, and we can be even better with Jaylen.

But they seem to play better without him.

I have faith in the coaching staff. There are signs they’re getting this bunch to play together. Give them 20-40 games to work Jaylen in and I bet we’re going to see good stuff by playoff time.

Okay …20 game rule just moved to 40 game rule.

This is what happens every season.

"Wait 20 games and do not complain!"

"Okay, I waited 20 games, and they aren't very good."

"Well, wait until the all-star break, and don't complain!"

"Okay, I waited until the all-star break and they still are just average."

"Well, wait until the last couple weeks of the season—as long as they're playing good when the playoffs roll around, they'll be fine. So stop complaining!"

"Okay, I waited until the last couple weeks of the season, and they still don't look too impressive."

"Well, it ain't over until they're eliminated from the playoffs, so they've still got time to figure it out. So stop your whining!"

"Okay, I waited until they were eliminated from the playoffs, and they never looked really good for a sustained length of time, and now their season's over. Can I complain now?"

"No! You have no right! They played their little hearts out and you're not a real fan!"
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2021, 04:23:15 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Took 39 3s tonight, wow.. need an inside game but just don’t have a Center..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2021, 04:38:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah, but they hit the threes at 35.9% which is 4.8% points over their team average and 1.5% points over league average. Not going to complain about the number of threes taken when they hit them at a good rate.

You can live and/or die by the three in this league. Last night, the C's shot good from three. The Jazz shot unbelievably good from three. The amount of threes the Jazz hit with people right in their face contesting the shot had to be 15 or more. That's ridiculous.

Both teams played great. Sometimes after a loss like this you just have to tip your cap to the competition and say "good game" and know in your heart that if you play this good all the time, you are going to win most games and go deep into the playoffs.

« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2021, 04:42:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Missed the game live and watched it on DVR before work...looks like we just got outshot from 3. It happens. They played a great game otherwise. There's really no blame to be passed out to anyone, the other team just played better.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2021, 05:05:58 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Missed the game live and watched it on DVR before work...looks like we just got outshot from 3. It happens. They played a great game otherwise. There's really no blame to be passed out to anyone, the other team just played better.

The other team just shot better*

« Reply #520 on: December 04, 2021, 06:26:52 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I thought this game was going to be a blowout but they kept it close despite the hot shooting. C's need loses like this as much as gutsy wins. Make teams feel lucky to win against you.

« Reply #521 on: December 04, 2021, 08:21:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yeah that first rainbow 50 foot three guy falling away , looked like a Hail Mary went though, I was lik3 please don’t let crap happen.  And then there were a dozen more it seemed . Frankly when a team is shooting like that , we were playing great to stay with them.

« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2021, 08:31:10 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru

Gotta correct myself and give the Cs some credit for a better offensive performance. Just feel like at critical moments they still revert to bad iso habits.

Feel like Ime should force them to watch film of the Celtics v. Hawks 3rd quarter on May 7, 1986.

« Reply #523 on: December 04, 2021, 09:26:55 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

We also got 50 points in the paint. No inside game? Basically there was very little midrange game. And those 3s, taken by Grant and Rob, pulled their bugs out and opened driving lanes for Tatum.

« Reply #524 on: December 04, 2021, 09:33:41 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Ime sounds overwhelmed in the post press. Learning hard on the job. Feel for him — Pretty good effort but the Jazz are just a far better team.

Great game …Cs need a more balanced team…need some sharp shooters.

I guess I had a really different reaction to tonight. We scored 130 against the 6th-ranked defense in the NBA, in their building. We actually shot a decent % from 3 (36) and got 50 points in the paint. Five players in double figures, three above 20. There were some beautiful passes and much more variety than usual. There were some assists - the Smart pass to Horford on the right block when he had Conley on him, the Tatum dime to Smart cutting the baseline - that looked like an intelligent, focused team manipulating a defense. We rarely have seen that recently!

It’s true we got some points off tos in the first half, but second half we just mostly played good, good offense. I want to believe it’s because m the coaching staff is starting to get through, but it has to be repeated. If we play like this regularly I’d be over the moon. 

The Jazz’s shooting from 3 might’ve made us look a step slow, but it was unreal and unsustainable - above 50%. We just hit a good shooting team on a scorching hot night.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:39:00 AM by Sophomore »