Author Topic: What if: Cs decided to trade Tatum?  (Read 8425 times)

Re: What if: Cs decided to trade Tatum?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2021, 09:04:29 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It would have to be done in the offseason, but I would think about Tatum & Smart for KAT, Beasley and Vanderbilt.

We roll with:
Schroder / Pritchard
Beasley / Richardson
Brown / Langford / Nesmith
Horford / G-Will / Vanderbilt
KAT / Timelord / Vanderbilt
I thought the Celtics are not allowed to sign Schroder for what he will command -- $18-20MM range.

That assumes there'll be teams that will have that much to spend next year. I haven't checked lately, but last I recall it seemed like not many teams will have buying power, and those who have will surely be looking for better targets.

So there's still a possibility he remains and then we can get on track to get some Bird rights potentially.

That said, I don't know what his market will be.

We'll see.

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2021, 11:05:52 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
It would have to be done in the offseason, but I would think about Tatum & Smart for KAT, Beasley and Vanderbilt.

We roll with:
Schroder / Pritchard
Beasley / Richardson
I thought the Celtics are not allowed to sign Schroder for what he will command -- $18-20MM range.

That assumes there'll be teams that will have that much to spend next year. I haven't checked lately, but last I recall it seemed like not many teams will have buying power, and those who have will surely be looking for better targets.

So there's still a possibility he remains and then we can get on track to get some Bird rights potentially.

We'll see.
We can only offer him 125% of what he's being paid this year I think.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2021, 11:43:32 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru

We roll with:
Schroder / Pritchard
Beasley / Richardson

We'll see.
We can only offer him 125% of what he's being paid this year I think.

Close -- I think it's only a 20% raise. Any more would require cap space. So: TRADE HIS *** FOR A 1ST ASAP!

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2021, 12:58:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Celts won't be "deciding" to trade Tatum, but at the moment I'm feeling like that "decision" will be made for them in 2-3 years when Tatum gets restless and some glamor city team is angling for him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain