Author Topic: Why Brown must be traded at some point  (Read 8746 times)

Re: Why Brown must be traded at some point
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2021, 01:23:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the Celtics listened to the very loud minority of fans on this site

Let’s test the theory of whether JTJB is a minority with a poll.

with their wildly concocted theories about why it's necessary to trade Jaylen Brown and traded him now, I guarantee 3 or 4 years from now when Jaylen is dropping 40 at the Garden knocking the Celtics out of the playoffs, people will be lamenting: "Why can't the Celtics get players like Jaylen Brown?"

Bank on it.

He’ll be shipped to the West. And he’ll never be in the NBA Finals as a number one or number two.

Bank on it.

Well I am sure that there are a lot of people like me who want to keep Jaylen, but don't feel the need to comment on every dumb trade idea for him.
You get the difference right?

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2021, 01:27:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And he’ll never be in the NBA Finals as a number one or number two.

That’s true of the vast majority of NBA players, right?  Including, to date, James Harden, Damian Lillard, KAT, Nikola Jokic, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2021, 04:43:52 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If the Celtics listened to the very loud minority of fans on this site

Let’s test the theory of whether JTJB is a minority with a poll.

with their wildly concocted theories about why it's necessary to trade Jaylen Brown and traded him now, I guarantee 3 or 4 years from now when Jaylen is dropping 40 at the Garden knocking the Celtics out of the playoffs, people will be lamenting: "Why can't the Celtics get players like Jaylen Brown?"

Bank on it.

He’ll be shipped to the West. And he’ll never be in the NBA Finals as a number one or number two.

Bank on it.

IMO...He may drop 40 in the Garden, but the team he's on will be out of the playoffs, or he'll be on a team where he's not relied on. Jaylen is a warrior...he's a social justice warrior. He's a talented scorer who cares most about protest and politics. He drives two... three hours to attend a rally. He's quite vocal... on that subject. That is dedication. Basketball is his occupation, it's his vehicle to gain notoriety and wealth for his true interest. Brand loyalty, ownership or Celtic pride is of little consequence to him. Win, lose, or draw he has more important things on his mind.

When Marcus Smart made the infamous statement about "they don't pass the ball, that was the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure he got an earful from ownership on that little bomb. When Marcus is traded, instead of Brown... prepare yourself for some real truth about the J's. I just hope Jayson Tatum is paying attention.

Everyone knows I’m president of JTJB, but I will say his support of social justice issues does not bother me the least. Bill Russell was and is the social justice warrior of social justice warriors (one of many reasons I am a big fan of Big Russ). The fundamental difference is that Bill oozed Celtic Pride and was the champion of champions who made all of his teammates better hence 11 titles. In contrast, Brown makes his teammates worse (as evidenced by Moranis’ data on how Tatum plays when Brown is unavailable). Frankly, am not even convinced Brown is passionate about basketball, let alone winning titles, and certainly get the sense he’s about Brown and only Brown (you can tell Russell is genuine in his beliefs and simply wants to see a more equitable society where people are treated the same regardless of arbitrary characteristics…frankly, not sure Brown is really all about that so much as being a center of attention?).

Ultimately, Brown is not the type of teammate needed to win titles—end of story. And he is likely upsetting our true superstar Tatum by virtue of the fact he makes Tatum play worse than otherwise. That’s a major issue that needs to change ASAP. We’re going right down the toilet if Tatum leaves us in 3-4 years, so the top priority is keeping him happy as we build up around him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:53:56 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
And he’ll never be in the NBA Finals as a number one or number two.

That’s true of the vast majority of NBA players, right?  Including, to date, James Harden, Damian Lillard, KAT, Nikola Jokic, etc.

Just trade Nikola Jokic JTNJ...to the Cs for our scrubs