Author Topic: Bagley informed he's not part of the rotation  (Read 7659 times)

Bagley informed he's not part of the rotation
« on: October 19, 2021, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I like their draft picks the last few years bit this is baffling.  You don't trade him yet you won't play him.  Just mind bottling

Marvin Bagley's agent blasts Sacramento Kings after forward left out of rotation: 'This is a case study in mismanagement'

Re: Bagley informed he's not part of the rotation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Seems surprising seeing as their front court backups are Alex Len and Damian James. He can’t possibly be that bad can he?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 10:51:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Seems surprising seeing as their front court backups are Alex Len and Damian James. He can’t possibly be that bad can he?

Maybe going with 3 guard starting lineup? Mitchell has been stellar.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:51:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I thought it was starting not rotation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 11:00:44 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
I thought it was starting not rotation.

The quote from his agent was “the opening night rotation.” 

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 06:01:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Bagley was a DNP coaches decision last night. Zero minutes. So yeah it looks like out of the rotation rather than out of the starting lineup.

Richaun Holmes is the starting big. Tristan Thompson is the backup big. Other than that it was all smalls. 5 guards + 2 SFs.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 07:23:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kings gonna Kings.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kings gonna Kings.
Sacramento chose Bagley over Doncic, Trae Young and Shai G-A.

Absurd!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 10:17:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!
And even more absurd, Bagley has actually played well when he has been able to actually play.  I mean last year he averaged 14.1/7.4 with eFG% of 54.2 and a TS% of 55.4.  I mean that isn't world beater stuff, but it is certainly pretty good especially for someone who was only 21 or 22 and in his 3rd year.  He clearly has had difficulty staying healthy, but Bagley can play. 

Of course with the worst coach in the league and one of the worst coaches the sport has ever had, what else should anyone expect.  And yes, I absolutely believe all of those things about Luke Walton.  He is awful.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 10:25:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!
And even more absurd, Bagley has actually played well when he has been able to actually play.  I mean last year he averaged 14.1/7.4 with eFG% of 54.2 and a TS% of 55.4.  I mean that isn't world beater stuff, but it is certainly pretty good especially for someone who was only 21 or 22 and in his 3rd year.  He clearly has had difficulty staying healthy, but Bagley can play. 

Of course with the worst coach in the league and one of the worst coaches the sport has ever had, what else should anyone expect.  And yes, I absolutely believe all of those things about Luke Walton.  He is awful.
I agree, I think Bagley has become somewhat underrated. He should definitely be playing over Tristan Thompson

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 11:24:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!

I agree, I think Bagley has become somewhat underrated. He should definitely be playing over Tristan Thompson
I'd be on the phone with the Kings and pestering them everyday about a trade for Bagley.  If they aren't going to play, might as well trade him for something useful. 

Bagley for Hernangomez, G. Williams, 22 1st

Might even throw in a protected 24 1st if that is what it took.  I think Bagley as a long term starting PF, sounds pretty good to me.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 12:07:41 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!

I'd be on the phone with the Kings and pestering them everyday about a trade for Bagley.  If they aren't going to play, might as well trade him for something useful. 

Might even throw in a protected 24 1st if that is what it took.  I think Bagley as a long term starting PF, sounds pretty good to me.

Why on earth should the Celtics give up 1 or more first round picks for a player the Kings aren’t using and who adds the the team’s luxury tax bill, and who is a free agent next summer?  I get that he’s an RFA, but his qualifying offer is just shy of $15 million — he’s
not worth that kind of money.

It’s fine to kick the tires, and the Williams+Juancho structure isn’t crazy, but in no way does Bagley have first round value at this point.  Not even close.  Bagley’s agent is right to be upset if the Kings turned down offers for him this summer, if they were at all reasonable (i.e. didn’t require the Kings to take on long-term salary).  If the C’s are truly interested, he’s going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and he’s not getting an offer that the C’s can’t beat with a S&T using a TPE.

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 12:08:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!

I wouldn't give up so much when he's so obviously being pushed out. Shouldn't take first round picks

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 06:21:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Kings gonna Kings.

Absurd!

I wouldn't give up so much when he's so obviously being pushed out. Shouldn't take first round picks
I think a lot of teams would have interest and drive the price up

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2021, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
He's young and can still improve, but right now we could get the same output out of Jabari Parker at the lowest possible cost. Parker could deliver 14/7 and maybe more, with weak defense if he had the minutes.

Like a lot of this stuff, it depends on a player's character. We don't have access to scouted inside views of what these guys are actually like. Is his head in the right place? Probably not, but I don't really know