Author Topic: Are we going to use our 17 million trade exception?  (Read 3295 times)

Re: Are we going to use our 17 million trade exception?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Assuming no superstar is involved, it seems crazy to me to make significant further moves that don't involve a power forward or a point guard, and this year, another point guard would be highly disruptive too.

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:10 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I think they only use it this year if everything breaks right and can convince themselves that the team is a player away from being a serious contender. Not the most likely scenario, but maybe.

I can more easily see trades that send out salary, to rebalance the roster and maybe pick up an asset if Romeo or Aaron really come on strong this year.

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 01:21:24 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think they only use it this year if everything breaks right and can convince themselves that the team is a player away from being a serious contender. Not the most likely scenario, but maybe.

I can more easily see trades that send out salary, to rebalance the roster and maybe pick up an asset if Romeo or Aaron really come on strong this year.

Or, if we look like a contender because Jaysun and Jaylen made the leap, but an important piece like, say Rob Williams, breaks down and Brad doesn’t want to waste another year of the J’s.

I’m looking at it as a “Use in case of emergency” piece.