Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 566014 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #885 on: December 10, 2021, 02:55:37 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So you telling me we lost to this Lakers team, who just got pulverized by the Grizzlies even with a LeBron triple-double...

The Fakers are as inconsistent as we are. On their day they have the talent to beat anyone in the league but their day happens sporadically, like us. And their day is largely driven by whether LeBum decides to show up or not, much like us with Tatum - and whether the rest of the team decides to play defense.

Hey at least our guys are young. Whereas the Lakers look like they're on their last legs, at least this iteration of them do.

But nonetheless this is tremendously frustrating, the Celtics' play.

« Reply #886 on: December 10, 2021, 05:54:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So you telling me we lost to this Lakers team, who just got pulverized by the Grizzlies even with a LeBron triple-double...

The Fakers are as inconsistent as we are. On their day they have the talent to beat anyone in the league but their day happens sporadically, like us. And their day is largely driven by whether LeBum decides to show up or not, much like us with Tatum - and whether the rest of the team decides to play defense.

Hey at least our guys are young. Whereas the Lakers look like they're on their last legs, at least this iteration of them do.

But nonetheless this is tremendously frustrating, the Celtics' play.

Yes I'd definitely much rather be in our position than theirs  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #887 on: December 10, 2021, 07:56:05 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
This Lakers team reminds me of the Lakerscteam that had Howard, Kobe, Malone, Nash, etc.. before the season, all media was saying they gotta win it all but they was awful..now this Lakers team are not awful but they are way overrated
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2021, 05:21:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Seeing the magic give the clippers everything they can handle in LA really underscores how pathetic our game was this week.

« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bad news for the Pellies:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32845225/sources-new-orleans-pelicans-zion-williamson-suffers-setback-recovery-foot-surgery

Zion's recovery has a set back as his bone isn't healing properly after recent scans revealed a regression of the surgically repaired bone. Timetable? Who knows.

Sounds very Yao Ming-ish. Not good at all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:38:03 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2021, 11:02:09 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32845225/sources-new-orleans-pelicans-zion-williamson-suffers-setback-recovery-foot-surgery

Zion's recovery has a set back as his bone isn't healing properly after recent scans revealed a regression of the surgically bone. Timetable? Who knows.

Shame about Yao, he could have gotten a championship if he didn't play so much in the preseason

Zion just needs to lose fat it seems

« Reply #891 on: December 11, 2021, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

Zion's recovery has a set back as his bone isn't healing properly after recent scans revealed a regression of the surgically bone. Timetable? Who knows.

There’s a part of me that’s also wondering if he’s just trying to get traded. Kind of like pulling a Harden

I mean I don’t really see Zion making any real efforts to get back on the court and he has mostly avoided speaking about it as well. But because he still has all the hype and talent (as well as the benefit of being very young) he can still make this work probably by getting out of NO if that’s really his long term plan.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #892 on: December 12, 2021, 07:16:31 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Zion going to go down as one of the biggest busting all time..dude will not play this season & probably won’t play too much in the future..but he still young & hopefully he get his body in shape

« Reply #893 on: December 12, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

There’s a part of me that’s also wondering if he’s just trying to get traded. Kind of like pulling a Harden

I mean I don’t really see Zion making any real efforts to get back on the court and he has mostly avoided speaking about it as well. But because he still has all the hype and talent (as well as the benefit of being very young) he can still make this work probably by getting out of NO if that’s really his long term plan.
Interesting theory, but I just don't see the situation for Zion as at all comparable to Harden.  Every day that goes by, Zion is losing value, and already even on this thread somebody said "bust".  Young players need reps to build their numbers.  Harden in Houston was already an elite player with high value.

« Reply #894 on: December 12, 2021, 12:14:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Interesting theory, but I just don't see the situation for Zion as at all comparable to Harden.  Every day that goes by, Zion is losing value, and already even on this thread somebody said "bust".  Young players need reps to build their numbers.  Harden in Houston was already an elite player with high value.

Yeah I obviously didn't mean it that way, more like both guys "ate" their way into a bad shape and then suddenly Harden looks better again after the trade lol. There's obviously a lot more risk with Zion doing this but for now, Zion doesn't seem to care. Like, I'm not hearing him even doing much in terms of rehab and things like that even before he was "indefinitely shut down".

Even Ben Simmons is working out and doing some stuff off-the-court lol. Has anyone heard Zion doing anything lately (or in the past year really)?

« Reply #895 on: December 12, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders

Yeah I obviously didn't mean it that way, more like both guys "ate" their way into a bad shape and then suddenly Harden looks better again after the trade lol. There's obviously a lot more risk with Zion doing this but for now, Zion doesn't seem to care. Like, I'm not hearing him even doing much in terms of rehab and things like that even before he was "indefinitely shut down".

Even Ben Simmons is working out and doing some stuff off-the-court lol. Has anyone heard Zion doing anything lately (or in the past year really)?
Eating apparently

« Reply #896 on: December 12, 2021, 02:57:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Eating apparently

I actually also wanted to say, I posted a recent viral pic that showed Zion looking huge (it's like a page back in this thread I think). Turns out though, maybe that was a bad angle. Here's another recent pic of him and he actually looks fine:

I think this was true with Harden in the past too. Looked big, but an image of him shooting around made him look fine actually. Maybe they are purposely wearing fat suits or something to mislead the media  :P

« Reply #897 on: December 12, 2021, 03:25:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Eating apparently

I actually also wanted to say, I posted a recent viral pic that showed Zion looking huge (it's like a page back in this thread I think). Turns out though, maybe that was a bad angle. Here's another recent pic of him and he actually looks fine:

I think this was true with Harden in the past too. Looked big, but an image of him shooting around made him look fine actually. Maybe they are purposely wearing fat suits or something to mislead the media  :P
Still looks well over 300 lbs. That short, very round guy puts into perspective just how thick Zion is. Probably has a waist over 44" around which is pretty wide.

« Reply #898 on: December 13, 2021, 03:41:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
And so it begins, again...

Ira Winderman: Game after Bulls played Heat, NBA, “The Chicago Bulls’ next two games–Tuesday, Dec. 14 against the Detroit Pistons and Thursday, Dec. 16 at Toronto–have been postponed. Ten Bulls players, along with additional staff members, are currently in NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #899 on: December 13, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
And so it begins, again...

Ira Winderman: Game after Bulls played Heat, NBA, “The Chicago Bulls’ next two games–Tuesday, Dec. 14 against the Detroit Pistons and Thursday, Dec. 16 at Toronto–have been postponed. Ten Bulls players, along with additional staff members, are currently in NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols

I made a separate thread on this, but hornets been absolutely ravaged by Covid lately. They got rozier back tonight but we’re playing two way players to not forfeit their last game. Why can the bulls have their games skipped/delayed but Charlotte would have had to forfeit?