Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558467 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #870 on: December 08, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I really don't mean to fat-shame, but apparently there was a rumor that Zion is actually 330 pounds (70 pounds greater than Luka who was said to be 260 pounds recently). And then there was this viral pic a few days ago:

And about a week ago they said he had another setback so he's still out for some time.
His body shape is really starting to take on the likeness of an NFL defensive lineman. Now those guys are still great athletes, just not NBA quality athletes.

« Reply #871 on: December 08, 2021, 07:24:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I really don't mean to fat-shame, but apparently there was a rumor that Zion is actually 330 pounds (70 pounds greater than Luka who was said to be 260 pounds recently). And then there was this viral pic a few days ago:

And about a week ago they said he had another setback so he's still out for some time.
His body shape is really starting to take on the likeness of an NFL defensive lineman. Now those guys are still great athletes, just not NBA quality athletes.

Big Baby Davis 2.0.

« Reply #872 on: December 08, 2021, 07:27:36 PM »

Kiorrik

Big Baby Davis 2.0.

Really hope he pulls himself together. Such exciting potential. Hate to see it go to waste.

« Reply #873 on: December 08, 2021, 08:05:58 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Big Baby Davis 2.0.

More like Robert "Tractor" Traylor.

« Reply #874 on: December 08, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe Zion's comp should have been Shawn Kemp. For a super athlete to lose himself.... At least Kemp had a few great years

« Reply #875 on: December 08, 2021, 08:26:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

You mean offensive lineman

« Reply #876 on: December 08, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I mean he obviously isn't doing cardio, but I can't really tell how big he is there.  when you wear big bulky clothes it is hard to get a real gauge.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #877 on: December 08, 2021, 08:58:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I mean he obviously isn't doing cardio, but I can't really tell how big he is there.  when you wear big bulky clothes it is hard to get a real gauge.

Have you seen his recent Mountain Dew commercial with Zach Lavine? His clothes aren't as bulky and you can see how out of control his weight is getting.

I hope he gets it together. He's a fun young talent, but his body is breaking down.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:36:52 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #878 on: December 08, 2021, 09:32:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Have you seen his recent Mountain Dew commercial with Zach Lavine? His clothes aren't as bulky bit and you can see how out of control his weight is getting.

I hope he gets it together. He's a fun young talent, but his body is breaking down.

I’ll also add the original photographer of this photo actually took down the tweet because he felt bad about how overweight Zion looked in the photo and the commentary it was causing. This clearly isn’t just a baggy shirt.

« Reply #879 on: December 08, 2021, 09:43:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Strus is killing the Bucks!

« Reply #880 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Some really strange results tonight.  Rockets up double digits on Nets with like 3 minutes left.  Pelicans and Nuggets in OT.  Wizards survive Pistons in OT.  Cavs destroy the Bulls.  Heat beat Bucks handily.  Thunder beat Raptors in Toronto. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #881 on: December 08, 2021, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Some really strange results tonight.  Rockets up double digits on Nets with like 3 minutes left.  Pelicans and Nuggets in OT.  Wizards survive Pistons in OT.  Cavs destroy the Bulls.  Heat beat Bucks handily.  Thunder beat Raptors in Toronto.

Are you not getting a little excited about the cavs? They are competing just about every night even after losing Sexton. The bulls were down demar and Caruso and some other players though. Nets sat durant and Aldridge (and already without Harris).

« Reply #882 on: December 10, 2021, 01:23:26 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So you telling me we lost to this Lakers team, who just got pulverized by the Grizzlies even with a LeBron triple-double...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #883 on: December 10, 2021, 01:47:46 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
So you telling me we lost to this Lakers team, who just got pulverized by the Grizzlies even with a LeBron triple-double...

We could have maybe beat them if they had just flown in from Memphis. That old team does not travel well. Howard and lebrons knees can tell them when a storm is coming at least.

« Reply #884 on: December 10, 2021, 02:15:25 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

The Fakers are as inconsistent as we are. On their day they have the talent to beat anyone in the league but their day happens sporadically, like us. And their day is largely driven by whether LeBum decides to show up or not, much like us with Tatum - and whether the rest of the team decides to play defense.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D