Author Topic: Kyrie Irving Strikes Again  (Read 25370 times)

gouki88 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kyrie Irving Strikes Again
« on: September 24, 2021, 05:05:02 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Knicks and Nets players will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to play home games in New York City during the upcoming season, and according to a new report, Kyrie Irving has not yet been vaccinated.

According to Fox Sports’ Yaron Weitzman, Irving has not yet received a vaccine shot.

SNY NBA Insider Ian Begley confirmed earlier this month that the league sent a memo breaking down the new protocols for teams in areas with local COVID-19 requirements, such as in New York City.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Kyrie Irving Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8400
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Little late on the gun with this one Ed. It's been mentioned in two threads. But maybe it needs its own thread.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Little late on the gun with this one Ed. It's been mentioned in two threads. But maybe it needs its own thread.

My apologies, I tend to steer away from political stuff or COVID-19 threads.

Perhaps moderators can merge this post with the others?
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 05:41:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 207
I haven’t read anything stating that Lebron has been vaccinated either. I know people had asked him about it earlier in the year.

Below comments were from back in May.

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James has declined to say whether he has or plans to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

It’s not a big deal,” James said on Friday after practice.

But if James has or will receive the vaccine, the Lakers’ star dismissed whether his availability for the team’s postseason run would factor into his decision.

“Anything I do off the floor is predicated to my family for the majority or 99.9 percent of that,” James said. “It’s about the health and safety of my family. That’s what it came down to. Being available to my teammates on the floor is about taking care of my body and me doing everything I can to make sure I’m available both mentally, physically and spiritually as well. But anything of that nature is all family talk.”

It’s not a big deal,” James said on Friday after practice.

Almost the entire team of the NBA champion has already received an injection: “Except, I think LeBron James is not vaccinated and myself,” said Schröder.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1280
Pelinka said today “On opening night, all of the players that are currently signed on our roster will be deemed fully vaccinated,”
2021 Historical Draft - 5th Pick - Raptors
PG - Tiny Archibald 73, Don Buse 77, Terrell Brandon 96
SG - Chet Walker 67, Michael Cooper 87, Raja Bell 06
SF - Predrag "Peja" Stojakovic 04, Kiki Vandeweghe 87, Robert Covington 18
PF - Karl Malone 97, Spencer Haywood 73, David West 08
C - Ben Wallace 04, George Mikan 50, Al Jefferson 08

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 08:03:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 207
Pelinka said today “On opening night, all of the players that are currently signed on our roster will be deemed fully vaccinated,”

Can he really guarantee that though? If AD or Lebron say, “I don’t want to put that into my body”, what can Pelinka do?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:13:01 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 08:14:34 PM »

Online Sophomore

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 556

Can he really guarantee that though? If AD or Lebron say, “I don’t want to put that into my body”, what can Pelinka do?

Also - what is that word “deemed” doing there? They’re not going to be vaccinated, they’re going to be deemed vaccinated - meaning what?

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 123

Perhaps any remaining unvaccinated players have already taken the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, and will be getting dose 2 within 2 weeks of opening night, so he’s pretty confident.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 09:04:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1280

Also - what is that word “deemed” doing there? They’re not going to be vaccinated, they’re going to be deemed vaccinated - meaning what?
I think that means that everyone will be 2 weeks past their final shot when you are officially considered or deemed vaccinated.  Pelinka isn't going on the record saying that unless he knows that every player has started the vaccination process.  In other words, Lebron (and everyone else) has gotten the shot or shots, and will be at least 2 weeks removed from the final shot at the start of the season.
2021 Historical Draft - 5th Pick - Raptors
PG - Tiny Archibald 73, Don Buse 77, Terrell Brandon 96
SG - Chet Walker 67, Michael Cooper 87, Raja Bell 06
SF - Predrag "Peja" Stojakovic 04, Kiki Vandeweghe 87, Robert Covington 18
PF - Karl Malone 97, Spencer Haywood 73, David West 08
C - Ben Wallace 04, George Mikan 50, Al Jefferson 08

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 06:20:58 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 426
According to a new article in Rolling Stone magazine, Irving has been following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that "secret societies" are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for a "plan of Satan."  Oh boy.  And he's spreading the theory to other players. 

The article also quotes Enes Kanter as saying several Celtics players are not vaccinated.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Evan Fournier
  • Tommy Points: 33
According to a new article in Rolling Stone magazine, Irving has been following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that "secret societies" are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for a "plan of Satan."  Oh boy.  And he's spreading the theory to other players. 

The article also quotes Enes Kanter as saying several Celtics players are not vaccinated.

I read that last night and was **** at Kyrie. What a fake intellectual dumby. Some of those Celtics players better smarten up also.

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 08:47:46 AM »

Online Birdman

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 169
Soooo glad he doesn’t play for us anymore..great talent but a headcase throughout the years..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 218

I read that last night and was **** at Kyrie. What a fake intellectual dumby. Some of those Celtics players better smarten up also.
I love to ask the woke anti-vax conspiracist some logic questions on their top two conspiracies.

First one they use is,
The vaccine is only about making money they want everyone to take it and then they need boosters every year.
My response,
If the vaccine is only about money why would they pressure everyone to take it? By everyone taking it you are more likely to end the virus. So long as there are great number of people allowed to deny vaccinations there will always be a need for new vaccines and more boosters as different strains are developed. Isn't listening to the anti-vax propaganda ensuring the vaccine makers, mask makers, and etc.. keep their new profits coming?

Second conspiracy is,
The vaccine is a poison or mind control that the government wants you to take.
My reply,
If the goverment is hell bent on control it's easier to use this vaccine as a vaccine. As in all the people that listen to the government are going to take the vaccine right, that means you already have identified the people you want to keep. You release a second more deadly virus to wipe out those who did not listen because obviously you don't want people who don't follow goverment. That is much easier to do than fantasy mind control or trying to poison your own willing citizens. It would be wiser to take the vaccine and fake goverment compliance if the government was attempting a culling.

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 9563

I love to ask the woke anti-vax conspiracist some logic questions on their top two conspiracies.

First one they use is,
The vaccine is only about making money they want everyone to take it and then they need boosters every year.
My response,
If the vaccine is only about money why would they pressure everyone to take it? By everyone taking it you are more likely to end the virus. So long as there are great number of people allowed to deny vaccinations there will always be a need for new vaccines and more boosters as different strains are developed. Isn't listening to the anti-vax propaganda ensuring the vaccine makers, mask makers, and etc.. keep their new profits coming?

Second conspiracy is,
My reply,
If the goverment is hell bent on control it's easier to use this vaccine as a vaccine. As in all the people that listen to the government are going to take the vaccine right, that means you already have identified the people you want to keep. You release a second more deadly virus to wipe out those who did not listen because obviously you don't want people who don't follow goverment. That is much easier to do than fantasy mind control or trying to poison your own willing citizens. It would be wiser to take the vaccine and fake goverment compliance if the government was attempting a culling.
hmmm, that gives me an idea for my plans of world domination.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 10:41:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 218

First one they use is,
My response,

Second conspiracy is,
My reply,
hmmm, that gives me an idea for my plans of world domination.  ;)
Just remember to spare us C's fans.