Author Topic: Tatum/Brown are A Walker8/Pierce  (Read 3718 times)

Re: Tatum/Brown are A Walker8/Pierce
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2021, 01:21:40 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
And he certainly doesn’t have the impact of Antone.

That’s the rub.  Antoine was a primary playmaker who always had the ball, particularly when PP was finding himself.  Jaylen has never had that role.  Would things be different if JB was thrust into the “face of a franchise” role?
They would be different, but quite possibly in a bad way.  JB can't run the team like AW; he doesn't have that skillset and it would likely be a disaster.

Re: Tatum/Brown are A Walker8/Pierce
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2021, 02:11:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Tatum > Pierce
Brown > Walker

Comparison ends.

Yeah, the former is still a bit of a stretch. I love Tatum, and he has that potential, but Pierce is one of the best to ever play the game.

I agree on Brown vs. Walker.

And….. The Truth was a major gamer. His duel with LeBron was one of the best games ever played. Tatum needs to win some more before he’s simply anointed superior.
Tatum has won more games than Pierce ever did with Walker.  Not even close.  I mean just this last playoffs alone he dropped a 50 point game in a game Boston won when Durant had 39 and Harden had 41.  He has been the leading scorer of two separate playoff runs that ended in the ECF.  He has 27 playoff victories.  Pierce had 16 until he shared the floor with Garnett.  This idea that Tatum isn't a winner just isn't borne in reality. 

Because Tatum is so young still, Pierce clearly had the better career to this point and more impactful because of the title he rode the back of Garnett to get (remember even with Allen the C's lost in the 2nd round without KG in 2009), but Tatum is quite simply a better player than Pierce ever was.
I was going with your first thought but not this one.  PP did at least crack the top 10 in MVP voting once.  Tatum hasn't done anything close to that yet and there is no guarantee that he ever will.
True, in a season he averaged 20.5 p, 5.6 r, and 3.6 a on a team that lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs when he was the best player during that playoff run.  Did win 62 games though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip