Author Topic: Love The Way We Look Tonight!  (Read 836 times)

Love The Way We Look Tonight!
« on: August 17, 2021, 02:36:45 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
With Pritchard and Nesmith delivering the goods in SL, and Marcus being shown the money, just absolutely love where we are at heading into this upcoming season:

Schröder/Pritchard/Edwards
Smart/Dunn/Langford
Brown/Richardson/Nesmith
Tatum/Parker/G. Williams
Horford/Timelord/Kanter

That’s definitely going to be a ten-deep roster, and we’ve got two intriguing stashed Euros for this time next year.

Major kudos to ownership and Stevens for paying our heart and soul in Marcus, and showing a willingness to win a championship or die trying. With Marcus securing generational money, he can now once again be himself, the smartest defender in the league and a decent facilitator, rather than trying to be something he is not.

If Horford can tap into some TB12, Smart reverts back to our late 2010s defensive stalwart, and Tatum/Brown take it to the next level by becoming 1st/2nd team all-pros, we could definitely compete for a title. Pritchard/Dunn/Richardson/Nesmith/Timelord is intriguing depth that could result in us going from having one of the worst benches to one of the best.

I really do not think we could have had a better off-season, all things considered. AAA+ for Stevens and ownership. The future is bright and the finances/cap are being masterfully managed!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:46:29 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: Love The Way We Look Tonight!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 08:32:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Definitely agree...speaking of The Way We Look Tonight, here comes the SL championship which will be another testament to a bright future for the C's.

Re: Love The Way We Look Tonight!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
As an alternative take, I've never been a fan of Marcus. I'm rooting for him, but his deal worries me.

Like everyone else, I sometimes like a guy in the draft and they don't end up as good as I expect, but last year, I was very sure of Halliburton, and this year I'm just as sure about Davion Mitchell. Somehow both ended up on one of the league's dumbest franchises, so I'm not sure what that says about my judgement, but I still see both as excellent young players

I thought Mitchell was just the sort of point guard we wanted going into the future. He shares a lot of the strengths and weaknesses that Marcus has, but he's quite a bit quicker and more explosive, and I think he has the capacity to become a plus offensive player. I'm hopeful that Pritchard plays and want to see that matchup.