Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 179250 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #900 on: August 04, 2021, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Magic started FA with two centers in Wendell Carter Jr and Mo Bamba. Two young players with some talent. Then went out and added two more centers in Robin Lopez and Mo Wagner. Why?

I hate Orlando.
I said in the "Worst off team" thread that Orlando would be the worst. It's their management team. They have a terrible eye for talent, have trouble developing any talent they get and make the stupidest moves. Living in central Florida, I watch a bunch of Magic games. They are dreadful and will be for years and years.

« Reply #901 on: August 04, 2021, 03:44:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Is Danny Green signed yet?

thought I read he had, but can't find. Wouldn't be surprised to see  him back with the Lakers.

« Reply #902 on: August 04, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Guys, Brooklyn literally has no picks to trade lol It’s a made-up rumor. Unless they’re trading one of their Big three for Beal - which makes no sense for either side - it’s virtually impossible.
Kyrie for Beal makes some sense.

Reports of Nets being bothered by his antics. If bothered enough, cashing in for Bradley Beal is an excellent option. I would do that if I were Brooklyn. Beal is not a nutcase. Easy decision.

Why would WAS trade for Kyrie?

Kyrie would be the best individual talent WAS could get if they trade Beal. Nobody else is as good as Kyrie is. That would be the reason WAS does do this.

« Reply #903 on: August 04, 2021, 03:47:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Guys, Brooklyn literally has no picks to trade lol It’s a made-up rumor. Unless they’re trading one of their Big three for Beal - which makes no sense for either side - it’s virtually impossible.

Reports of Nets being bothered by his antics. If bothered enough, cashing in for Bradley Beal is an excellent option. I would do that if I were Brooklyn. Beal is not a nutcase. Easy decision.

Kyrie would be the best individual talent WAS could get if they trade Beal. Nobody else is as good as Kyrie is. That would be the reason WAS does do this.

How long do you think Kyrie would last in Washington before he literally walked off the team?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #904 on: August 04, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Nets won't trade Kyrie unless Durant signs off on it. Don't see that happening.

Exactly. No sense from Washington’s perspective.

Plus they’re all friends, and KD and Kyrie planned to go there together. Trading him against his will seems like you’re then pushing KD out the door, too.

You'd p--- Durant off for sure ... but ...

You still have Harden & Beal next to him and a very high likelihood of a Championship. That is an excellent way to mend broken fences.

I would do this. I don't think Brooklyn will - to be clear - but there is a Beal for a Big Three member (Kyrie) that does make sense. That does improve their team.

« Reply #905 on: August 04, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Three years, $62 million for Spencer Dinwiddie from the Wizards when the dust settles, I'm told.

Who is Washington sending out to BRK?
Why not pair this with the Felger rumor and assume they are sending out Bradley Beal?

« Reply #906 on: August 04, 2021, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't help but think Stevens has used Tatum as a conduit to Beal having Tatum tell Beal that he would be welcomed with open arms here in Boston and will be able to play with the Jays. Players talk with friends all the time and players talk to their GMs a whole lot. It's not unheard of that the "flexibility" already has a predestined outcome because of negotiations done through players.

« Reply #907 on: August 04, 2021, 03:50:43 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

He would opt out and bail on them at the end of the season. Makes no sense for them at all, they need draft picks. There's no way there's a Kyrie for Beal trade. Washington would have to be insane, and as others have said, Nets aren't trading Kyrie without Durant's ok.

« Reply #908 on: August 04, 2021, 03:51:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Three years, $62 million for Spencer Dinwiddie from the Wizards when the dust settles, I'm told.

Who is Washington sending out to BRK?
Why not pair this with the Felger rumor and assume they are sending out Bradley Beal?

Not even Washington is dumb enough to trade Beal for Dinwiddie.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #909 on: August 04, 2021, 03:51:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Golden State has four max deals with Curry, Klay, Draymond and Wiggins resulting in massive luxury tax fines. And of course with Durant instead of Wiggins before that.

Maybe Brooklyn really can and will do that same with Beal. Maybe Dinwiddie and Joe Harris for Beal. Add Beal to their Big Three. Make a Big Four like Golden State did.

Maybe this isn't as crazy as it first sounded.

« Reply #910 on: August 04, 2021, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

He would opt out and bail on them at the end of the season. Makes no sense for them at all, they need draft picks. There's no way there's a Kyrie for Beal trade. Washington would have to be insane, and as others have said, Nets aren't trading Kyrie without Durant's ok.

Yeah this literally just isn't happening.  Washington would have to know Kyrie would leave them high and dry within a year.
then they get nothing for Beal.  It is literally the worst idea knowing how crazy Kryie is and how there is no way he stays there.

« Reply #911 on: August 04, 2021, 03:53:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Oh, Kyrie is a FA that soon? Yeah, you're right.

I thought Kyrie was under contract for longer and that a team could talk themselves into the idea of controlling him / building around him.

« Reply #912 on: August 04, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
If Boston knew they could get Beal now in a trade, how does not signing Evan Fournier aid that?

One Evan Fournier around to help rebuild a decimated supporting cast is better than zero Evan Fournier. Plus, he'd be a trade asset to get a PG or a big man to rebalance the squad if necessary.

« Reply #913 on: August 04, 2021, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Golden State has four max deals with Curry, Klay, Draymond and Wiggins resulting in massive luxury tax fines. And of course with Durant instead of Wiggins before that.

Maybe Brooklyn really can and will do that same with Beal. Maybe Dinwiddie and Joe Harris for Beal. Add Beal to their Big Three. Make a Big Four like Golden State did.

Maybe this isn't as crazy as it first sounded.

How are they going to spread around 20-25 shots a game to 4 max guys?  All 4 of those guys are pretty ball dominant
I laughed at the idea of this a little while ago.  I guess crazier things have happened.

« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2021, 03:57:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The Raptors have officially waived center Aron Baynes per Blake Murphy of The Athletic.

We should get Baynes and have a reunion and probably IT also. What about James Young?