Author Topic: What’s next ?  (Read 17498 times)

What’s next ?
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:32:43 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Anyone interested in Hield  or Bagley. Could be a nice inexpensive additions or trade chips for the Celts , not having to give up too much for the acquisition.

Re: What’s next ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
With Horford returning & adding Moses, I doubt u will see anymore trades..Thompson be only one if they do..Evan Fournier is the key..will they resign him or he go somewhere else
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 05:05:10 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Can’t say I would disagree. I would use Horford in this trade. He certainly isn’t a long term piece. Would trade him in a minute for a true long term upgrade.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 05:08:20 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I wonder if a team like the Clippers (or other capped playoff team) would be interested in Fournier in a sign and trade.  The C's would have to get picks and expiring contracts back but with Leonard out to start the season next year they may be looking for someone to help keep them afloat while he rehabs.

Denver and the Suns both have 1st round picks in this draft. They may want more immediate help than a newly drafted player could provide.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:31:53 PM by Wretch »

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 05:32:52 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Anyone interested in Hield  or Bagley
Trades don't happen in a vacuum. What do we give up for them? This is always the question. Personally speaking, I wouldn't be interested in any of them unless it were a bargain deal on our part (at which point why would the Kings do it?).

If I were the Bucks, I'd be very interested in Buddy. I reckon he'd be an amazing fit next to Giannis. For instance, BroLo+DDV for Buddy is a valid trade salary-wise. I'd then go hard after Olynyk in free agency. Assuming he's out of their price range (most likely), I'd move Giannis at the 5 and I'd replace BroLo with a 3+D swing (Otto Porter/ Ariza/ Batum/ Tucker).

Jrue - Buddy - Middleton - Otto Porter - Giannis

No way this happens in real life, just saying. The Bucks are about to win it all. Chances are they'll keep BroLo and run it back. Fwiw, I don't think they can keep Portis though. They only have his non-Bird rights.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:42:22 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 05:44:23 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Horford and Smart would probably get this done

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Haven’t heard too much about C Sexton. Any thoughts .

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Anyone interested in Hield  or Bagley. Could be a nice inexpensive additions or trade chips for the Celts , not having to give up too much for the acquisition.

If the celts are gonna go after any one on the kings, I hope it’s Barnes. I still think he’d be a tremendous fit here. The problem is matching salaries. Would Thompson + TPE + 1st rounder be enough to entice SAC? I wouldn’t give up Smart though…

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

If the celts are gonna go after any one on the kings, I hope it’s Barnes. I still think he’d be a tremendous fit here. The problem is matching salaries. Would Thompson + TPE + 1st rounder be enough to entice SAC? I wouldn’t give up Smart though…

You can’t combine the TPE with salaries.  The only way to get Barnes without giving up a bunch of prospects or Smart is to hope they really want Evan Fournier, and need to send out salary in a sign-and-trade.  (Or that a third team wants Fournier and would be willing to help facilitate a 3-way sign-and-trade).

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I like Barnes also, however that probably is not the Pfwd the celts need. A litter bit of a tweeter for that position

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2021, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Tweener,lol

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2021, 03:34:36 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

You can’t combine the TPE with salaries.  The only way to get Barnes without giving up a bunch of prospects or Smart is to hope they really want Evan Fournier, and need to send out salary in a sign-and-trade.  (Or that a third team wants Fournier and would be willing to help facilitate a 3-way sign-and-trade).
Horford for Barnes straight up is a valid trade, salary-wise. We'd have to add pick(s) though.

Not sure whether I'd do it for the Kings. In any case, Horford would provide veteran leadership for them. If there's a team in need of a vet leader, it's probably the Kings.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:28:05 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2021, 04:18:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Horford for Barnes straight up is a valid trade, salary-wise. We'd have to add pick(s) though.

Not sure whether I'd do it or the Kings. In any case, Horford would provide veteran leadership for them. If there's a team in need of a vet leader, it's probably the Kings.
They could also do with a stopgap big given Holmes will likely leave and Bagley seems to want out too
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2021, 08:46:20 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Thompson + TPE + Smart + 2 1sts for Barnes and this year's #9

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 09:47:58 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Everyone keeps talking about trading Smart and Thompson.

The Celtic will become one of the most pushed around, heartless teams in the NBA.