Author Topic: That JB Tweet  (Read 9835 times)

Re: That JB Tweet
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2021, 02:00:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If the Celts hire a very good coach but not black

over/under Brown resigns with the Celtics after current contract?

He played hard and resigned under Brad.  Why would this be different?

The guy noted that black coaches are equally as successful as white coaches.  I’m not sure why that’s controversial.

That 1st big contract after rookie contract =  meal ticket to $$$.  major leagues

most rookies ... even if they dislike their team/management/owner/city.... signs that deal

But now that Brown has signed that deal and has lived up to the hype (strong play on the court)

He has the luxury to join another team when this contract is up

If he doesn't like the direction the Celtics org is taking...why would he stay??

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2021, 02:14:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The guy noted that black coaches are equally as successful as white coaches.  I’m not sure why that’s controversial.

That 1st big contract after rookie contract =  meal ticket to $$$.  major leagues

most rookies ... even if they dislike their team/management/owner/city.... signs that deal

But now that Brown has signed that deal and has lived up to the hype (strong play on the court)

If he doesn't like the direction the Celtics org is taking...why would he stay??

In the law, trial lawyers have a common objection that they can make to an opposing counsel’s question: “Assumes facts not in evidence”.

Isn’t that what you are doing? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that JB doesn’t like the direction the Celtics are going in.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2021, 02:20:41 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
This woke crap is really turning me off from the league

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

In the law, trial lawyers have a common objection that they can make to an opposing counsel’s question: “Assumes facts not in evidence”.

Isn’t that what you are doing? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that JB doesn’t like the direction the Celtics are going in.

Are you just glossing over JB tweet?

Shouldnt it apply at home x2?

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2021, 02:27:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I generally agree. I just don’t think that this is “woke crap” in this instance.

For a very long time, African-Americans have been under represented in the coaching ranks, at least in relation to the percentage of African-American players. I just don’t see an objection to JB being proud that black coaches are having success.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Are you just glossing over JB tweet?

Shouldnt it apply at home x2?

What are you reading into the tweet that suggests that he isn’t happy, or even that he is demanding a black coach?

I see it no different than if somebody tweeted that four of the top seven neurosurgeons in the world were women.  That doesn’t mean that they would refuse to work under a man, it’s just pointing out a fact that they are presumably proud of.

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I think his re-signing will be mostly influenced by how well we do, not who is coaching us. 

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
<<<<<<sigh>>>>>>

The stuff people are reading into innocuous tweets and billboard signs is off the charts. Sorry people, but most of the time, things mean exactly what they say and there is no secret agenda or demands for action written in invisible ink between the lines.

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2021, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think his re-signing will be mostly influenced by how well we do, not who is coaching us.

Hope so

(KAT wasnt happy about Wolves recent coach hire)

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2021, 05:01:48 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18

I generally agree. I just don’t think that this is “woke crap” in this instance.

For a very long time, African-Americans have been under represented in the coaching ranks, at least in relation to the percentage of African-American players. I just don’t see an objection to JB being proud that black coaches are having success.

Under represented? 6% of the population makes up close to 90% of NBA players. But when it comes to that it’s all merit? I don’t understand this logic. Isn’t it possible that the best coaches just happen to be white?

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2021, 05:07:20 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
<<<<<<sigh>>>>>>

The stuff people are reading into innocuous tweets and billboard signs is off the charts. Sorry people, but most of the time, things mean exactly what they say and there is no secret agenda or demands for action written in invisible ink between the lines.

TP

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2021, 05:08:09 PM »

Kiorrik

As if the Cs did not have enough problems, Jaylen Brown tweets his preference for a black coach...maybe? Was that really necessary? I don’t think so.

Jaylen has access to Brad, and should have expressed his ‘analytics’ to Brad. I take a couple of things from the tweet.

1. Jaylen is trying to pressure the Cs into hiring a black coach. This would be unnecessary if the Cs are listening to him privately.

2. Jaylen does not respect management or the process if they have any, hence his need to go to social media.

3. Jaylen wants out of Boston because the sure fire way to get out of dodge is insubordination.

4. And this is an alternative to 3...Jaylen wants to insulate himself from being traded because the last thing Boston can do now is trade a black player for expressing an opinion about the relative efficiency of black coaches.

5. By prefacing the tweet with ‘Analytics’...Jaylen was taking a shot at Brad who we all know is a big analytics guy.

All in all..horrible tweet.

It's incredibly sad that the only stuff your brain conjures makes Brown look like a bad guy.

Dunno why you think negative like that. You could just as easily have come up with equally viable positive imaginations.

You might want to look into Hanlon's Razor.

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »

Kiorrik

Under represented? 6% of the population makes up close to 90% of NBA players. But when it comes to that it’s all merit? I don’t understand this logic. Isn’t it possible that the best coaches just happen to be white?

You do realise that the statistic Brown is putting forward is literally the statistic that blasts your theory to bits, right?

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2021, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
<<<<<<sigh>>>>>>

It's the Tumblr/Twitter mentality that is pervasive in the U.S now and days.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:22:43 PM by Rondo9 »

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2021, 05:15:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And thus, Jaylen’s tweet.  Because, no, the best coaches aren’t exclusively white.  It’s crazy, but when given equal opportunities blacks can do just as well as whites at coaching NBA teams.  Shocking, I know!

Thanks for illustrating the arguments he was responding to.