Author Topic: That JB Tweet  (Read 9827 times)

Re: That JB Tweet
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
He's entitled to his opinion and he's allowed to tweet what he wants. I'm sure Brad will take his opinion and those of many others under consideration before making a decision. It's ultimately Brad's decision and I'm sure that JB will respect the decision whatever it is.

No.  You are only entitled to politically correct opinions, however hypocritical they are.  JB is trending Kryie. 

If Luka tweeted 'Analyitics - last 46 of 50 NBA champions were coached by white guy' while Mavs were in middle of coaching search - nobody would be just like well that his just his opinion and he just wants someone that can relate to him.  This excuse making for JB is gross.  Clear double standard and why all this focus on race and gender is not moving this country in a positive direction.

Definitely not a clear double standard bc you're leaving out the social context. A better comparison is hypothetically after white players win consecutive dunk contests Luka tweeted Analytics: last 3 out of 4 dunk champs were white. Maybe white guys can jump." That would be received very similar to JB's tweet imo bc it is showing evidence that a negative racial stereotype is incorrect. Your example of Luka pointing out whites are doing better as coaches is reinforcing a negative stereotype. See the difference?

Another example would be 20 yrs from now the same tweet is made about multiple woman head coaches leading playoff teams. It wouldn't be sexism in that future time but rather pointing out that the concerns/stereotypes about a woman being able to be successful leaders of young men was incorrect based on the evidence.

More excuse making for JB and that isn't even a relevant comparison.  There is no negative 'black coach' stereotype in today's NBA and when JB makes that in the middle of his teams coaching search - it was making a statement.   

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2021, 09:50:35 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I want to aplogize for my posts earlier, saying that jaylen sad he wants a black coach, when in fact he only pointes out the success the black coaches have in the current playoff situation. I was miss led by some comments, thought that he made some comments in the comment section of the tweet, but there was nothing wrong with the tweet itself.

TP

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:27 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I want to aplogize for my posts earlier, saying that jaylen sad he wants a black coach, when in fact he only pointes out the success the black coaches have in the current playoff situation. I was miss led by some comments, thought that he made some comments in the comment section of the tweet, but there was nothing wrong with the tweet itself.

TP

TP Seconded.  The world could use more self-reflection.