Author Topic: Tatum Didn't Make All NBA Team  (Read 5377 times)

Re: Tatum Didn't Make All NBA Team
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2021, 09:43:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lebron on 2nd team feels like a legacy vote.
No feels about it. It is a legacy vote.

I think Paul's is a bit of a legacy vote too. I'm not sure CP3 is even the best guard on his own team nevermind 3rd or 4th best in the league, but at least Paul played 70 games and was instrumental in his team having the 2nd best record in the league. LeBron's game slipped, the team was a major disappointment and he was unavailable for 27 out of 72 games.

For Lebron, for sure it's a legacy vote and absurd.

CP3 however was in consideration for MVP this season. He lead his team to one of the top records in the league. He earned all-NBA.

Lebron was among league leaders for MVP before he went down with injury. Yes, there is a legacy factor, but he was having an outstanding year before he got injured. That probably got him some votes as well.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 09:44:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Let's get a good team around him. He could end up having a revenge season and go off. This might be really beneficial if his head is were it needs to be to be great.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 09:56:22 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
No Tatum, or Bboker, or Mitchell! What a joke! The Celtics should pay Tatum the bonus, may make a difference in him staying down the road!

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No Tatum, or Bboker, or Mitchell! What a joke! The Celtics should pay Tatum the bonus, may make a difference in him staying down the road!

They couldn’t even if they wanted to.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:02 PM »

Kiorrik

The reasoning is unbelievable. If I was Tatum I’d flip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1404956683839983627?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Especially with Butler making it in, even tho Tatum has better field goal percentages, on more shots, with more points, more games played, more rebounds, more blocks :]

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2021, 10:09:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1404956683839983627?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
It is also absurd for anyone to vote for Tatum as a guard.

Perhaps he shouldn’t have played like a guard...just saying. If the new coach does not have him bringing the ball up as much as Brad did Ian sure that would not be a problem.

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I don't mind this. Hopefully it gives Tatum an edge to take the next step as a distributor.

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
More All-NBA voters put Clippers wing Paul George at forward than guard.

That’ll cost Celtics forward Jayson Tatum more than $25 million.*

Tatum received a not-nice-enough 69 voting points – more than All-NBA third-team guard Kyrie Irving (61). But because George (89) received more votes at forward, he took the last forward slot rather than the guard spot that went to Irving.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2021, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Tatum received a not-nice-enough 69 voting points – more than All-NBA third-team guard Kyrie Irving (61). But because George (89) received more votes at forward, he took the last forward slot rather than the guard spot that went to Irving.

Just does not seem fair..all the labor of Tatum and he falls to this weird voting system.

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2021, 10:48:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

To me Butler and George are the ones you take out from all the choices. First Zion Williamson is the real snub in all of this, and yeah I'd put Tatum over Butler, but not going to worry much on it. Not sure how George got votes all told.

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2021, 11:41:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Great news for the Cs!

Stinks for Tatum.

This is my take, as well. Honestly, the Cs ending up with a .500 record didn't help. Tatum made a solid run for it in the latter part of the season, but his epic performances weren't enough to make up for his meh ones when he was battling Covid.

I think it's also safe to say the Cs would have had a considerably better record if the team had been a lot healthier and he would have gotten in that way...much like Thybulle making All-Defense. No way 3 different Sixers deserve 3 of the 10 spots, but winning goes a long way.

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2021, 11:43:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

No Mitchell seems like more of a rip-off with Utah dominating the NBA this season. He had the same all-or-nothing All-NBA incentives as Tatum, too, so looks like he'll also only be getting the 25%, instead of 30%.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 12:23:53 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

It is also absurd for anyone to vote for Tatum as a guard.

Really what's the definition of a guard?  It's all seems pretty much like circular logic now with everyone playing on the perimeter and the shift towards position-less basketball. If you defend the other team's guard, you're a guard, and we determine the other team's guard by who they defend...

But if we think about it, often Tatum serves as the primary ball handler, the one bringing the ball up, the initiator of the offense, sets up and operates at the top, is one of the teams best shooters (if not the best).  Sounds like a guard to me (not that he doesn't have typical forward traits too).  And not just Tatum, same goes for a lot of other players too.

Same thing actually happened to Khris Middleton last year.  Was eligible as both guard and forward, and got votes at both.  Finished with 82 points, and didn't make an All-NBA team, despite getting more votes than both the 3rd Team Guards (Simmons had 61, Westbrook 56).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class