Poll

Trade Jaylen for Doncic?

Yes
28 (90.3%)
No
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Would you trade a Jaylen Brown package for Luka Doncic?  (Read 5432 times)

Re: Would you trade a Jaylen Brown package for Luka Doncic?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 12:18:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Shoot, give them a few first-round picks too. And give 'em Tacko and Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters, whatever garbage at the end of the bench to compensate.

That's a no-brainer for Boston. Luka Doncic, a generational talent player and then Jaylen Brown, who is probably at best, a Jimmy Butler/poor man's Klay Thompson.

Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson will laugh and hang up.
Very confusing because these are not only two completely different players, but Jimmy Butler is better than Klay Thompson
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 12:29:33 AM »

Kiorrik

Look, out of everyone we have, I love Brown the most. I'd freakin' trade Tatum before I'd trade Brown. But that's mostly emotional attachment cuz I like JB the person a lot. Basketball-wise, obviously, Tatum, right now, is better.

Having said that, there's no world in which you say no to this trade - as a Celtic fan.

As a Mavs fan you don't say no either though.

You'd just ignore the question altogether :]

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2021, 01:19:34 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
who is the holdout that holding up this trade?  Show yourself.

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2021, 01:48:32 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Not sure there is a bigger fan of Brown on this site and my reaction is....

Welcome to Boston, Luka!!!!

If there is a bigger fan of Brown, it is probably me, and I would say yes.
you would have to do it as long as it didn't wreck the team.

Luka might be the one player I am completely ok with trading Jaylen for.

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2021, 02:13:03 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We could offer Dallas Jaylen; our firsts in 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029; and first round swaps in 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030; and Dallas would still say no. We could even add Tatum and Dallas would probably say no. I mean, unless secretly Doncic wants out?

The only way to possibly get Doncic is to be sure you have a ton of money to throw at him when he’s finally a UFA. Dallas will never trade him and will match whatever max is thrown at him in RFA.

Now if Doncic wants out for some reason (rednecks in Dallas?), offer a 1 year max in RFA, Dallas will be forced to match, and he’s then possibly available for Brown since Dallas will not want to lose him for nothing. But this would require Doncic wanting to come here and signing an extension. But even that is, what, two years from now?

That said, it would be amazing to somehow orchestrate Tatum, Doncic and Jokic in two years. That would immediately make BS the best GM in the league. But seems like utter fantasy even if it’s theoretically possible.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:18:07 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 04:25:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I trade anyone they want for Luka
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 06:37:06 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I didn’t realize he was disgruntled   ???

It’s from Hardwood Houdini. AFAIK they don’t don’t do any reporting. They do post a lot of very implausible trade ideas.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2021, 06:42:15 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
What's the point of these threads? It's as if discussing whether the Cavs would have traded LeBron 3 years in his rookie deal. You guys live in fantasy land. We could offer the Mavs both Tatum and Brown and a bunch of picks and I bet they'd still hung up the phone.

If this guy Bob Voulgaris has an ''inflamed relationship'' with Luka, the Mavs will sack Voulgaris, not trade Luka.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 07:01:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Depends all is he really upset with Mavs or is it for clicks . 

It’s so common today for stars to force their way out of a team and set up shop elsewhere.

Watching him play , not sure how long he can survive at the amount of abuse he puts his body though.   Tatum produces so much with relatively little body abuse .

I d keep Tatum unless you Think you win a title in next five years.   

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 08:15:03 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I am impressed with Luka but not sold.  Right now, I have him somewhere between Russell Westbrook and James Harden.  Great talent, puts up numbers, but still an open question as to whether it will translate into winning/title contention.  I am stopping short of ordaining Luka the next Larry Bird but to say he is in the Westbrook - Harden range is still really good.  I recognize he is still young and his game still has plenty of opportunity to evolve, and I expect it will.

My second point may be equally inflammatory as my first but I actually think Luka would pair better with Brown than Tatum. Luka is going to demand to have the ball in his hands but that is really when Tatum is at his best also.  I just don't see Tatum as the off the ball guy.  If this was real and something that was actually considered, I would probably work the trade around Tatum and fewer other players and pick and then build around Luka and Brown.

I would not do a trade with Brown, multiple young players, and all our picks for the next 5 years.  That is just putting too many eggs in one basket  There probably is a trade around Brown that I would do but then Dallas probably wouldn't.

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I trade anyone they want for Luka
Me too, except JT.

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Not sure there is a bigger fan of Brown on this site and my reaction is....

Welcome to Boston, Luka!!!!

If there is a bigger fan of Brown, it is probably me, and I would say yes.
you would have to do it as long as it didn't wreck the team.

Luka might be the one player I am completely ok with trading Jaylen for.

This is how I feel, too. I love Jaylen but if there's some trade on the table where the Celtics end up with Jaylen and Luka on the same team, you do it. With those two, the rest of the roster can be figured out later.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
My Jaylen Brown trade value is way out of whack, and I love everything about him as a player and a human being. But a shot to get Tatum and Luka on the same squad...you do it every time.
#JKJB

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
My Jaylen Brown trade value is way out of whack, and I love everything about him as a player and a human being. But a shot to get Tatum and Luka on the same squad...you do it every time.

I agree.  Anyone who has been on this page for a while knows that I'm one of the largest JB fans here and was touting him during the draft when others were pushing other names.

But, we're talking an all star for an all star, right?  I get, Luka may be a bit better, but this past year shows what JB can be also.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=brownja02&p1yrfrom=2021&player_id2=doncilu01&p2yrfrom=2021

One for One and we toss in a second.  That's my offer!  When you look at this past year comparison, you'll see why!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2021, 10:01:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would do it, Dallas would not.