Author Topic: Kyrie Irving...  (Read 5721 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving...
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I think it’s a must win game for Milwaukee for game 5..doubt they can win 2 game 6 &7 if they lose game 5
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 05:43:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Kyrie has gotten injured and missed the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 seasons. It should not be surprising that once again he is injured and missing time in the playoffs. I have no sympathies for the nets or Kyrie.

You build your team around injury prone players and generally they get injured.

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As long as Nets dont win

I'm a happy camper

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 09:16:25 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Ok, so, if the Lakers getting eliminated is Christmas...

What might we be looking at with this Nets Bucks thing?

Maybe it will have a bow on it also/

Bucks from three = 36 for 135 (26.6%)

The fact they are in this thing is a miracle based on that pile of bricks.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 11:04:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Brooklyn Nets to be without Kyrie Irving, James Harden for Game 5 against Milwaukee Bucks.

Bucks better win the game.... and then the series. No Lakers, No Nets... Bliss.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 12:53:56 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
This thing is tee'd up for The Bucks...if they get eliminated, The Greek Freak should just retire.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 01:06:47 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This thing is tee'd up for The Bucks...if they get eliminated, The Greek Freak should just retire.

Greek Freak should demand a trade to Boston

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2021, 08:00:58 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Ok, so, if the Lakers getting eliminated is Christmas...

What might we be looking at with this Nets Bucks thing?

Maybe it will have a bow on it also/

Bucks from three = 36 for 135 (26.6%)

The fact they are in this thing is a miracle based on that pile of bricks.

The next gift for me would be the NBA's worst nightmare of the two smallest markets in the finals.  I guess that would be Utah vs Atlanta?

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 08:10:06 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Kyrie has gotten injured and missed the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 seasons. It should not be surprising that once again he is injured and missing time in the playoffs. I have no sympathies for the nets or Kyrie.

In this year’s playoffs, seven all-stars have missed at least one game due to injury. NBA record already, and the playoffs aren’t done. It stinks.

Also, saying KI is injury prone is pretty overstated. Yes he’s had injuries, but he’s also played injury-free through a couple playoffs, and the way he got hurt couldve made anybody go out a few games.

I don’t like KI, and I’d be happy to see him beaten. I do feel cheated we don’t get to see someone try to beat him on the court.

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 08:42:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

In this year’s playoffs, seven all-stars have missed at least one game due to injury. NBA record already, and the playoffs aren’t done. It stinks.

Also, saying KI is injury prone is pretty overstated. Yes he’s had injuries, but he’s also played injury-free through a couple playoffs, and the way he got hurt couldve made anybody go out a few games.

I don’t like KI, and I’d be happy to see him beaten. I do feel cheated we don’t get to see someone try to beat him on the court.
as long as they lose, I'm good with it.  another year of Brooklyn paying them lots of money for no title.  hope next year the league, and the East in particular, are stronger and have figured out ways to beat them so that they're not looking like media darlings by the playoffs anymore.

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Everything I heard, post logo-scuffing, was about how dumb Celtic fans were for reacting to it.

That's fine. No argument about that.

But it's frustrating that that obscured the fact that Irving has been such a unbelievable jerk about Boston for about 2 years now. Like, if the logo-scuffing wasn't a big deal and fans shouldn't have been upset about it, what was the point of Kyrie doing it?

Unfortunately, his provocations worked, obscuring that he was obviously looking to provoke.

Anyway, I'm that Seinfeld gif DocomoCelts posted above.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
as long as they lose, I'm good with it

Pretty much. I mean, my preferred method was Kyrie going up for an uncontested layup in game seven to win the game, only for a magical leprechaun to appear and punch him in his junk, sending him to the floor in a crumpled heap. But if this gets the job done, then it will do.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes