Author Topic: Stretch Big: Do the Celtics need one?  (Read 3159 times)

Re: Stretch Big: Do the Celtics need one?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 12:52:17 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
It depends.  I'd rather have Cedric Maxwell than Dario Saric... 8)

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 01:00:43 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I think we underrate Horford on the offensive end if we just say “he’s a big who stretches the floor”. Horford could make guys around him better through his off ball movement and his facilitation.

If Kevin Love gets bought out, I think he could have a major impact on this team.

- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 06:03:41 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd hope TL could develop a shot. If added to his passing touch and rim running he would be a lethal. Even if it's not a three, 18' out would work for pick and pop or fake hand off open shots.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 10:20:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd hope TL could develop a shot. If added to his passing touch and rim running he would be a lethal. Even if it's not a three, 18' out would work for pick and pop or fake hand off open shots.
He's shown he can consistently hit a 15 footer.  if he can expand to 18-20 feet, that would be great.  his biggest obstacle to becoming a really good player is being able to stay on the court.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Seems a Kemba for Horford trade would be a big plus for the Celtics.

I understand the age difference, but it's obvious our current lineup is not the answer. Horford has not put much mileage on his body the past two seasons and he probably has two more years as a quality starter, after which time, he plays a PJ Brown type role. Dwight Howard continues, at 35, to be effective for his team.  We desperately need size with talent. We have plenty of perimeter players and need to move on from the score-first PG.
This is sort of where I am at as well. It’s a logica trade that help you solidify the big man spot as well as helps you functionally from an offensive perspective. When he was with the Cs Horford was the fulcrum of the offense. I know he is older but I feel like the fit would be great and OKC could be a willing trade partner as well.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 01:19:27 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Do we need one? Maybe.

What we really need out of this draft is a good player, and what we need beyond that is chemistry.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 01:41:41 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
With Brown and Tatum being All Stars/burgeoning All NBA caliber players, we’re ready to trade draft compensation for veteran players.
That would be a nice switch to trading draft picks for nothing/cap space.   >:(