Author Topic: Jerami Grant Revisited  (Read 1299 times)

Jerami Grant Revisited
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I’ve long been an admirer of this kids game. (Pun intended) I like his length and ability to defend.

He has emerged as a building block for Detroit where at last years deadline it was rumored he was on the block.

I would love to find a way to add him.

1. Has this shipped already sailed?
2. If it hasn’t do you agree he is interesting target?
3. If so, what would a reasonable package for him be?

Marcus Smart + Tristan Thompson + Romeo Langford for Grant + Filler

Re: Jerami Grant Revisited
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Why would Detriot give up it's best player?

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Because his value is likely at an all time high and this could serve to maximize their return on him given the plethora of needs this team has and that they have about 3 year pathway to true contention.

It was also rumored the Celtics and Pistons danced on a trade at the deadline and could revisit in the offseason.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't remember seeing any reports that he was on the trade block at the deadline. I only recall reports that teams had inquired, but Pistons had no interest in dealing him.

Grant is in the midst of his best season as a pro, and despite him not being selected for his first All-Star appearance this year, many teams have checked in on his availability and made offers, per league sources. However, Detroit appears to have *no interest* whatsoever in trading Grant, who is averaging 23.4 points this season and is in good position to win the NBA’s Most Improved Award, per league sources.

https://theathletic.com/2422807/2021/03/04/detroit-pistons-trade-deadline-news-ellington/
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 11:44:45 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
DET should absolutely see what they can get for Grant. He has two years left on his contract and even if they are willing to give him the max, Jerami may decide to move on if similar offers are out there from better teams. I don't know if the Cs should give up what DET is likely looking for, but it is a great opportunity for DET to acquire assets for a player they signed for free just a year ago.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I don't remember seeing any reports that he was on the trade block at the deadline. I only recall reports that teams had inquired, but Pistons had no interest in dealing him.

Grant is in the midst of his best season as a pro, and despite him not being selected for his first All-Star appearance this year, many teams have checked in on his availability and made offers, per league sources. However, Detroit appears to have *no interest* whatsoever in trading Grant, who is averaging 23.4 points this season and is in good position to win the NBA’s Most Improved Award, per league sources.

https://theathletic.com/2422807/2021/03/04/detroit-pistons-trade-deadline-news-ellington/

Same. Also, Grant chose Detroit and said he really wanted to play there. That has to have value to the team and the fans. What a contrast from Blake Griffin - who cashed huge checks until he managed to loaf his way out of town.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I feel Grant is the most realistic target that can be made involving Kemba as Pistons could go the Thunder or Rockets route. I also feel the right trade could make the C's a top 2 seed if they do get Fournier back and accept paying the tax. I'd try

Kemba, Edwards, GW, 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2021 2nd and two future seconds
to Pistons for
Grant, Joseph, and Plum

Pay Fournier up to 18 per.

That gives you the lineup of
Smart, JB, JT, JG, Plum

Main Bench
Pritchard, Fournier, Nesmith, TT, TL

Deep bench
Yam, Joe, Langford, Parker

That is a team I feel you pay the tax for.