Author Topic: Sources: Cs/Kemba want a breakup (other sources contradict)  (Read 24918 times)

Re: Sources: Cs/Kemba want a breakup
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 02:33:33 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This is both good and bad news.

The good news for me is the high likely hood of the Celtics trading Kemba this offseason. It’s now up to Brad to find a trading partner.

The bad news is there is yet another max free agent wanting out before fulfilling the entirety of their contract.

One more thing, did Kemba quit or was he really injured in that Nets series. A bone bruise is a pain tolerance injury, and shouldn’t necessarily prevent someone from playing in a must win playoff game.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 02:40:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One executive in the NBA said Walker isn't the only player to have those negative feelings toward Ainge, as players around the league have not trusted Celtics management during the Ainge era. Perhaps the most telling public example of that reputation came when Anthony Davis' father said he would never want his son to play for the Celtics after how they handled Isaiah Thomas' injury and departure.

I will always find this to be a silly criticism, and I was very much against the Kyrie trade. But, teams just are not going to “back the Brinks truck up” for a guy who is facing a career-threatening injury.  Also, he got traded to a contender that eventually made the finals that season (albeit after dumping IT).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
This is both good and bad news.

The good news for me is the high likely hood of the Celtics trading Kemba this offseason. It’s now up to Brad to find a trading partner.

The bad news is there is yet another max free agent wanting out before fulfilling the entirety of their contract.

One more thing, did Kemba quit or was he really injured in that Nets series. A bone bruise is a pain tolerance injury, and shouldn’t necessarily prevent someone from playing in a must win playoff game.

He played 34 minutes game 3 with the bone bruise.  3-14, 6 points, 0-7 from 3, no trips to the line, 3 assists and 5 turnovers.  That’s not a quitter’s performance, but it is one that says the injury was making him ineffective, and it wouldn’t be at all surprising if playing that game made things worse and not better.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Regardless of feelings regarding Danny, Kemba needs to take accountability for not playing up to his contract.

But hurt his feelings!

these players today are so soft. They make boat of money....  I mean cmon

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 02:53:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sources: Both the Boston Celtics and Kemba Walker want a breakup. The team tried trading him once in 2020, and it put a strain on the relationship since then.

https://twitter.com/farbod_e/status/1402674762170568707?s=21

A source close to Walker said he was hurt by Boston's efforts to trade him, which created a rift in the Walker-Ainge relationship. Walker has a great relationship with his teammates and looked forward to being a veteran mentor to Tatum and Brown, but the same can't be said about Walker and the front office. He no longer feels wanted.

Walker is upset with Ainge but Ainge is no longer GM. So...? Who's Kemba upset with?

Exactly. Brad Stevens has also been the biggest Kemba supporter the past few seasons.

Brad has to put the team 1st...he made a promise to Wyc...banner 18

If he makes no effort to trade Kemba...then he just wants to be friends with the star players

Needs to trade Smart also..

If Smart walks the season after for nothing....then I will consider Brad as an incompetent President/GM.  Inability to separate

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bleacher Report hack job
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I have no ill will for Walker. Its not his fault his knees are giving out....Ainge should have done more legwork

But it looks like it had to do with pleasing Tatum (recruitment) and makeup for sudden loss of Irving

Now Wyc is on hook for all that money.  Which is not really fair.

Kemba should understand that this is business. 

It will be tough to trade him without adding assets

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 03:01:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sources: Both the Boston Celtics and Kemba Walker want a breakup. The team tried trading him once in 2020, and it put a strain on the relationship since then.

https://twitter.com/farbod_e/status/1402674762170568707?s=21

A source close to Walker said he was hurt by Boston's efforts to trade him, which created a rift in the Walker-Ainge relationship. Walker has a great relationship with his teammates and looked forward to being a veteran mentor to Tatum and Brown, but the same can't be said about Walker and the front office. He no longer feels wanted.

Walker is upset with Ainge but Ainge is no longer GM. So...? Who's Kemba upset with?

Exactly. Brad Stevens has also been the biggest Kemba supporter the past few seasons.

It's almost like this was written before Ainge stepped down.

One executive in the NBA said Walker isn't the only player to have those negative feelings toward Ainge, as players around the league have not trusted Celtics management during the Ainge era. Perhaps the most telling public example of that reputation came when Anthony Davis' father said he would never want his son to play for the Celtics after how they handled Isaiah Thomas' injury and departure.

Yeah it probably was written before Ainge resigned, and it's a poor quality 'report' too.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 03:04:50 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I hope this is true bc it would mean Kemba is essentially on a 1yr contract

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Moreover, Walker is just halfway through a four-year, $140 million deal. He is set to make $36 million in 2021-22, and then has a player option for 2022-23 worth $37.6 million. Given his health issues, he is very likely to take it. The Celtics may need to sweeten the pot in a major way to convince a team to take on Walker, who is now on the wrong end of 30.

Walker is a talented player and a popular teammate, so ultimately the Boston Celtics may be able to move him, especially if both sides are motivated to make it happen, but it may be a painful deal for Stevens to make.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

what about the player option?

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 03:09:59 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

If Kemba really wants a break up he doesn't pick up the option

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 03:14:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Money talks

No way he walks away from that lotto ticket

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Money talks

No way he walks away from that lotto ticket

Everyone said the same thing about Hayward and then he walked right into another mega-deal.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

Yes but it is still not be an advantage in a trade, as teams still envisage him as a 2years contract. And if we keep him this year, I suppose Kemba is enough profesionnal to plaengage until the end; but it would still be bad for the groupe chemistry. And next year we would have to resign Rob and maybe Smart. Maybe this news was more about his mind during the season after Ainge tryed to unload him last off season. Maybe it is fake. But it is not something unprobable. Finally what the Jays and esp Tatum did this year is still outsdanding for their age, fighting against health and covid problems, a team short handed, with a coach loosing faith in his role and a GM who creat controverse, maybe even inside the team.

The timing didn't give this possibility but it would have been better that Ainge trade him before leaving, taking the charge for the Hayward, Horford, Irving and Walker miss signing or miss extension/player option cashed. So Stevens could start his job with more flexibility to build a new and good core around the Jay's