Author Topic: Sources: Cs/Kemba want a breakup (other sources contradict)  (Read 24968 times)

Re: Sources: Cs/Kemba want a breakup (other sources contradict)
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I think there are several potential trades for Kemba, but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

If that is the case — and it probably is — why trade him at all?  We don’t need worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

Imagine the following statements:

I think there are several potential trades for Tatum but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

I think there are several potential trades for Jaylen, but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

Do those sentences make sense from a team management perspective?

I don’t think any of the following are lesser players or have  significantly worse contracts: Porzingis, Wall, Horford, Love. I’d rather roll the dice on one of them at this point. Maybe they would be a better fit for the team.

You don’t watch basketball if you don’t think Kevin Love is a lesser player.  Not much more to say than that.

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2021, 03:30:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think there are several potential trades for Kemba, but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

If that is the case — and it probably is — why trade him at all?  We don’t need worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

I think there are several potential trades for Tatum but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

I think there are several potential trades for Jaylen, but they involve either worse contracts or significantly lesser players.

I don’t think any of the following are lesser players or have  significantly worse contracts: Porzingis, Wall, Horford, Love. I’d rather roll the dice on one of them at this point. Maybe they would be a better fit for the team.

You don’t watch basketball if you don’t think Kevin Love is a lesser player.  Not much more to say than that.

And KP and Wall have worse contracts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Love was injured a lot last year and only played in 20 games or so. Plus, he’s on a terrible team. The year before he averaged nearly 18ppg,10Reb, 3ast, while shooting 37% from 3pt. I’d rather see what Smart, Brown, Tatum, Love, and Timelord look like together. We know how the team looks with Kemba.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I favor a Kemba trade since I witnessed him being targeted by the Raptors and Heat in the 2020 playoffs (I suggested a trade for then-UFA CP3 or Lowry). I understand why we kept him as far as the loyalty/goodwill aspect and here we are.

That said, the trade ideas and especially the suggestion that he’s a buyout candidate are ridiculous. I rather keep him than accept some of the offers being suggested; Kemba only has 2 years remaining on his contract, is still an elite scorer, and is still a productive player.

I think Kemba’s value is still around a trade for: Markannen/Young or Aminu, Lowry/Baynes or Hood, Ball/Bledsoe, a 3-teamer for John Collins might still be on the table. In each case, we’re trading for a player that might be having extension disagreements with their incumbent teams. I’d add 1 1st (possibly 2 for Collins) to a couple of these deals, if a deal requires more, simply move on.

I’d be happy if that’s around his value. If I was another team I’d be too scared off by a player who couldn’t or wasn’t allowed to play back to backs. Especially if you’re going to be a starting point guard. I think it just makes it that much harder for a team to mesh .
  But then again, it’s not like a team like the Lakers would t love his services.

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Just saw a story from CBS Sports that claimed the C's tried to trade Kemba for LeMarcus Aldridge. Man, Ainge has had some fortuitous failures.

I don't see any one contract out there that makes sense. Out of the proposed trades I've seen, Young/Satoransky/Aminu from Chicago seems like the only one worth doing.

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2021, 04:23:11 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
I favor a Kemba trade since I witnessed him being targeted by the Raptors and Heat in the 2020 playoffs.

Let's stop and think of why Kemba was targeted by teams playing a box and one Zone. They knew that if they shut Kemba down, the team would collapse. And they were right. How many 0 for 20 first halves did Tatum have? Why didn't Danny trade everyone BUT Kemba after the Heat loss?
Kemba is not the problem with this team and neither is his contract. The medical team has you-know-what the pooch so much since IT, I think they work for the Lakers. And I'm including the hairbrained treatment of Kemba and Timelord. They prioritized load management over building momentum and team chemistry. No wonder we had neither at the end. And all that protecting of Kemba and Rob meant that they weren't ready for playoff contact and succumbed to injuries.

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2021, 04:41:44 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Bring on the Zinger

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Love was injured a lot last year and only played in 20 games or so. Plus, he’s on a terrible team. The year before he averaged nearly 18ppg,10Reb, 3ast, while shooting 37% from 3pt. I’d rather see what Smart, Brown, Tatum, Love, and Timelord look like together. We know how the team looks with Kemba.
Can you please point out the season's where Kevin Love is not inured a lot?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Last two years Love played 81 games vs Kembas 99. Both are injury prone, so it’s a matter of who is a better fit. I’m not sure if you watched the Cavs/Celtics game on 05/18, but Kevin led the Cavs to the win with 30pts, 14 rebs, 3ast, 2stls on the C’s while shooting 10-16 from the field, 6-9 from 3pt and 4-4 from the line. Over the last 5 games of the season he averaged 18ppg and 10Reb(which is his career average) while shooting 45% from 3pt, 44% from the field and 92% from the FT line. Sounds like an upgrade to me.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2021, 07:48:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Last two years Love played 81 games vs Kembas 99. Both are injury prone, so it’s a matter of who is a better fit. I’m not sure if you watched the Cavs/Celtics game on 05/18, but Kevin led the Cavs to the win with 30pts, 14 rebs, 3ast, 2stls on the C’s while shooting 10-16 from the field, 6-9 from 3pt and 4-4 from the line. Over the last 5 games of the season he averaged 18ppg and 10Reb(which is his career average) while shooting 45% from 3pt, 44% from the field and 92% from the FT line. Sounds like an upgrade to me.
What an absurd misuse of stats. Kemba's last 5 regular season games he averaged 28/4/4. Kemba scored 60 in 2018. See? Using irrelevant and unrepresentative stats means nothing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2021, 07:53:09 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I am not in favor of trading Kemba but I could see something. Kemba for Wiggins and the MN pick (assuming it conveys) from GS. Wiggins contract is awful and GS would have to send additional compensation to get off it.

I could also see Wiggins and Wiseman for Kemba and TT being attractive to the Cs.

GS might be interested in a win now trade it KT's recovery isn't going well.

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2021, 08:01:29 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I am not in favor of trading Kemba but I could see something. Kemba for Wiggins and the MN pick (assuming it conveys) from GS. Wiggins contract is awful and GS would have to send additional compensation to get off it.

I could also see Wiggins and Wiseman for Kemba and TT being attractive to the Cs.

Why would GSW want Kemba?  He's not a good fit with Steph. 

If KT's recovery isn't going well, there's no reason for them to trade their picks.  Now if it is going well that's when I'd package their picks and Wiggins in a trade. 

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2021, 08:05:21 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

What an absurd misuse of stats. Kemba's last 5 regular season games he averaged 28/4/4. Kemba scored 60 in 2018. See? Using irrelevant and unrepresentative stats means nothing

Stating how a player finished out This season is not meaningless. Love is injury prone, but he can still play. Kemba played well towards the end of the reg season too, but he absolutely sucked in the playoffs. Bringing up stats from 2018 is meaningless. I agree with you there...

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2021, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Why would GSW want Kemba?  He's not a good fit with Steph. 

If KT's recovery isn't going well, there's no reason for them to trade their picks.  Now if it is going well that's when I'd package their picks and Wiggins in a trade.
My thought is Steph can play off the ball better than Kemba and Kemba can sustain the offense when Steph is off the floor.

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2021, 08:44:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Stating how a player finished out This season is not meaningless. Love is injury prone, but he can still play. Kemba played well towards the end of the reg season too, but he absolutely sucked in the playoffs. Bringing up stats from 2018 is meaningless. I agree with you there...

I love how people keep bringing up Kemba's playoff stats this year like they mean something. He was awesome in the play-in game, sucked in game 1, was decent in game 2, and tried to play through bone bruise in game 3, but it didn't go well and he then sat out the rest of the series. Kemba is a better player and a more valuable asset at this stage than Kevin Love. I don't even know why this is debatable.

And I don't even hate Kevin Love, but if we are taking him back for Kemba, then I want Sexton or Garland in the deal.