Author Topic: Revenge of the Nerd  (Read 1757 times)

Revenge of the Nerd
« on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Thats right anyone that dare question Brads genius in the past is getting shown the door in the present. Anything is possible again with the Celtics!!!

Revenge of the Nerd tour is officially underway.

Re: Revenge of the Nerd
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 11:29:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Thats right anyone that dare question Brads genius in the past is getting shown the door in the present. Anything is possible again with the Celtics!!!

Revenge of the Nerd tour is officially underway.

lol

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 02:20:59 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Starting with sending a guy to NBA Siberia. That sends quite the message. Brad’s Breaking Bad. But also saving Big Al from the same scary place.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 08:46:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Even though I love the trade, I'm not ready to anoint Stevens as the new GM genius.

There's some evidence that this trade was close to taking place at the last trade deadline.  Horford was being kept out of action.  If true, then this move is not really Brad's but Danny's.

This trade can't possibly be the only significant move this off-season if the team is in "win now" mode.  Let's see what Stevens' next move is.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 12:25:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Even though I love the trade, I'm not ready to anoint Stevens as the new GM genius.

There's some evidence that this trade was close to taking place at the last trade deadline.  Horford was being kept out of action.  If true, then this move is not really Brad's but Danny's.

This trade can't possibly be the only significant move this off-season if the team is in "win now" mode.  Let's see what Stevens' next move is.

I'm just kidding about the genius thing.  But I disagree about the this is Danny's trade part.

This is Brad's trade love it or hate it. Danny never includes that first rounder which was a huge gripe of mine with Danny.

To get things done you have to put your chips in. Danny was too cheap with assets.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Everybody knows there’s zero chance Danny would have swallowed his pride and admitted he made a mistake signing Kemba instead of making sure Horford got paid. Danny got rattled by losing Kyrie and panicked by throwing max money at the poor man’s version of Kyrie, who was just as bad on defense, not as good of a passer and not as good of a scorer (and somehow has worse knees than Kyrie, who has the second worst knees in the NBA). Kemba was a horrible fit for this team as we saw after losing key facilitator Gordon Hayward. It’s the primary reason why last season was a disaster after 3 of 5 trips to the ECF.

Horford was shutdown because OKC wanted to trade him. They could not do it at the deadline. Danny left and Brad saw an opportunity to fix a Danny mistake, so he took it.

Besides, everybody knows Danny would never give up pick sixteen when he could instead draft the next French Dancing Bear with it…
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:23:03 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I'm just kidding about the genius thing.  But I disagree about the this is Danny's trade part.

This is Brad's trade love it or hate it. Danny never includes that first rounder which was a huge gripe of mine with Danny.

To get things done you have to put your chips in. Danny was too cheap with assets.

Yeah he was too slow and too stingy,  like he grew up in the Great Depression or something,  he lost his risk taking and nerve to MAKE something happen….

But nobody trusted him anymore and I think that kinda trickled down to the players mindset .

He really needed to go ,  a total dinosaur.