4 (2.7%)
Someone else but not Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd
35 (23.6%)
Kara Lawson
12 (8.1%)
Rondo
8 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Who's the New coach!  (Read 68497 times)

Re: Who's the New coach!
« Reply #420 on: June 17, 2021, 08:37:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
about 7 NBA HC jobs out there...there is no way Becky Hammon doesn’t get one of them. If she does not take an offer it means San Antonio has her locked up.

« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2021, 08:41:15 PM »

Kiorrik

about 7 NBA HC jobs out there...there is no way Becky Hammon doesn’t get one of them. If she does not take an offer it means San Antonio has her locked up.

Not gonna lie. I want her on the Celtics real bad . . . but I kinda, for the sake of basketball lore, want her to stay in SA and take over from Pop.

It'd just be too perfect and fitting for SA.

« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2021, 08:44:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Not gonna lie. I want her on the Celtics real bad . . . but I kinda, for the sake of basketball lore, want her to stay in SA and take over from Pop.

Don’t you wish these decisions could be just basketball decisions?

« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2021, 08:55:28 PM »

Kiorrik

There you go again. Assuming it's not for basketball reasons. Stop it man. Seriously. You're so off base.

« Reply #424 on: June 17, 2021, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

There you go again. Assuming it's not for basketball reasons. Stop it man. Seriously. You're so off base.

What is the basketball decision keeping Hammon as an assistant coach past this off-season.

Some of the fired coaches were fired for non-basketball reasons. Carlisle for one.

By the way stop trying to pick a fight with me. I am not interested.

« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »

Kiorrik

What is the basketball decision keeping Hammon as an assistant coach past this off-season.

Some of the fired coaches were fired for non-basketball reasons. Carlisle for one.

Alright, you're gonna have to define "basketball decision" for me. I don't think I know what you mean by that.

« Reply #426 on: June 17, 2021, 09:03:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Alright, you're gonna have to define "basketball decision" for me. I don't think I know what you mean by that.

Just x and os

« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »

Kiorrik

Just x and os

Then I don't understand your question. "What's x's and o's about keeping Hammon as an assistant under Pop"?

Well, maybe they do that because Pop's still better and they think Becky is second best?

What's not 'basketball reasons' about that??

I really struggle to see your point.

« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2021, 09:07:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just x and os
There’s much more to professional coaching in any sport than “just X’s and O’s“
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Just x and os

Then I don't understand your question. "What's x's and o's about keeping Hammon as an assistant under Pop"?

Well, maybe they do that because Pop's still better and they think Becky is second best?

What I meant is that she should get her own team if we are just dealing with X and Os. She only sits under Popovich if she doesn’t get a HC gig.

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2021, 09:10:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Just x and os

Well, don’t you wish there wasn’t?

« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2021, 09:12:48 PM »

Kiorrik

Just x and os

What I meant is that she should get her own team if we are just dealing with X and Os. She only sits under Popovich if she doesn’t get a HC gig.

Do you consider yourself a fan of a team? Any team in general?

I'm assuming you're a bandwagon fan then. You know. Since all you care about is basketball reasons.

Or does this only apply to what you want to see happen in the league?

If not, your application of "basketball reasons" seems whimsical at best, or "only if it benefits me" at worst.

« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2021, 09:16:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Just x and os

I'm assuming you're a bandwagon fan then. You know. Since all you care about is basketball reasons.

If not, your application of "basketball reasons" seems whimsical at best, or "only if it benefits me" at worst.

lol I am a Celtic fan...Is there anyone here that isn’t?

« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just x and os

Well, don’t you wish there wasn’t?
It’s irrelevant, it’s never just been about X’s and O’s. Being able to connect with players is crucially important, among many other reasons
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2021, 09:19:43 PM »

Kiorrik

Just x and os

lol I am a Celtic fan...Is there anyone here that isn’t?

Well, it's not for x's and o's, is it?

I thought you wished everything was because of basketball reasons?