4 (2.7%)
Someone else but not Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd
35 (23.6%)
Kara Lawson
12 (8.1%)
Rondo
8 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Who's the New coach!  (Read 69005 times)

Re: Who's the New coach!
« Reply #330 on: June 10, 2021, 04:45:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
ESPN: Celtics president Brad Stevens has started to get permission to speak to head coaching candidates, including with assistants Chauncey Billups (Clippers), Darvin Ham and Charles Lee (Bucks), Jamahl Mosley (Mavericks) and Ime Udoka (Nets)

So I guess Sam Cassel isn’t being considered?
Lee or Ham would be superb!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #331 on: June 10, 2021, 04:53:25 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Malik Allen is my choice

« Reply #332 on: June 10, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think head coach in the NBA is the least important of any sports .I don't know how much coaching actually goes on anymore.

I’m definitely going baseball here but coaching in hoop is way more involved than it used to be. Way more coaching going on.

« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2021, 09:59:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ESPN: Celtics president Brad Stevens has started to get permission to speak to head coaching candidates, including with assistants Chauncey Billups (Clippers), Darvin Ham and Charles Lee (Bucks), Jamahl Mosley (Mavericks) and Ime Udoka (Nets)

So I guess Sam Cassel isn’t being considered?

It just means the Celts don’t have permission to interview him right now.

So permission was requested to interview Billups but not Cassel?

Or Celts are not interested?

« Reply #334 on: June 10, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't know why teams keep overlooking Sam Cassell.

Is it his personality? Is there something about him that turns front offices off?

It has been several years now of being overlooked.

« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:23 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Billups on ball movement/pace

Hire this man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TUudJk_sM

The key words mentioned several times..."a wide open." This second to "swing-swing." When he looks at the Celtics offense he must want to vomit.

I second Triboys request "hire this man"

Seriously

I hope Blazers or Magic dont hire him 1st

Last time Billups was employed by the Celtics, he raped a woman and was traded by the team weeks later so they didn’t have to deal with that problem.  In no way does this team need to have that brought back up.  In 2021, it may follow him to any job, but it will certainly follow him to Boston.  Find a different coach.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this up since it's starting to make the rounds on social media again. I also wonder who it'll impact him eventually getting a head coaching job. After reading the details on the case and the medical report, I'm firmly out on Billups.

I'd like the team to see if they can poach Juwan Howard from Michigan. Ime Udoka is a name that seems to be getting more traction, too. He's a Pop guy so it wouldn't be a terrible move.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2021, 04:36:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Hire this man!

The key words mentioned several times..."a wide open." This second to "swing-swing." When he looks at the Celtics offense he must want to vomit.

Seriously

Last time Billups was employed by the Celtics, he raped a woman and was traded by the team weeks later so they didn’t have to deal with that problem.  In no way does this team need to have that brought back up.  In 2021, it may follow him to any job, but it will certainly follow him to Boston.  Find a different coach.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this up since it's starting to make the rounds on social media again. I also wonder who it'll impact him eventually getting a head coaching job. After reading the details on the case and the medical report, I'm firmly out on Billups.

I'd like the team to see if they can poach Juwan Howard from Michigan. Ime Udoka is a name that seems to be getting more traction, too. He's a Pop guy so it wouldn't be a terrible move.

I mean... they know about his past.

Has he done any other questionable acts or got into trouble with the law??

Being accused doesnt mean he is guilty.  It could be blackmail... again dont want to make light of situation/victim blame

But ever since Amber Heard tried to do it to Depp and other cases. Its hard to know whats real or not. Only god really knows if all others playing a game

If that was the only one incident in question...but he has a clean history... 

« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
 Its not like we are talking about Cosby or Deshaun Watson here = no doubt

« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Hire this man!

Seriously

Being accused doesnt mean he is guilty.  It could be blackmail... again dont want to make light of situation/victim blame

But ever since Amber Heard tried to do it to Depp and other cases. Its hard to know whats real or not. Only god really knows if all others playing a game

Being accused doesn't mean guilty and I wasn't there, so I don't know happened. But after reading the details of the case - that the victim made an immediate outcry, went to the hospital for an examine that detailed evidence and physical injuries - I'm not comfortable supporting someone in the mix of that. If I was, I'd be a Lakers fan.

That is my opinion. You're free to have your own.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2021, 05:06:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Hire this man!

Seriously

Being accused doesn't mean guilty and I wasn't there, so I don't know happened. But after reading the details of the case - that the victim made an immediate outcry, went to the hospital for an examine that detailed evidence and physical injuries - I'm not comfortable supporting someone in the mix of that. If I was, I'd be a Lakers fan.

Again I ask...how was he hired as an espn analyst and  now assistant coach??

Instead of all time praise.. shouldnt Kobe legacy be in question/tarnished?

How does these things get a pass?

« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2021, 06:14:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hire this man!

Seriously

Did you miss who was the most recent President? These things have been getting a pass for time immemorial
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2021, 07:56:08 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Hire this man!

Seriously

Lol, you realize Mike Tyson was actually convicted of rape and went to prison, yet he still has a career and gets respect? Money and fame buy a ton of leeway. But I'm really trying not to derail this thread, so if you want to continue this discussion, you can do so by yourself.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2021, 08:11:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At least one NBA team was interested in Juwan Howard.

But that interest doesn't appear to be reciprocated.

Michigan basketball's head coach has turned down discussions about any NBA head coaching jobs, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

"Sources: Michigan's Juwan Howard continues to tell NBA teams he's not interested in even a discussion on leaving Ann Arbor," Wojnarowski tweeted on Thursday afternoon.

Too bad. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2021, 08:29:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
David Aldridge on Celtics Beat thinks Billups will end up with Portland.

« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I just hope that the C's don't delay too long and lose out on some of the best candidates.
Quite a few openings now, and there will probably be another axe or two to fall.
Need to make this search time sensitive and get ready for the draft and the rest of the summer.