Author Topic: Celtics (1-3) at Nets (3-1) Round 1 Game 5 6/1/21  (Read 48157 times)

Re: Celtics (1-3) at Nets (3-1) Round 1 Game 5 6/1/21
« Reply #675 on: June 01, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
It's weird. Despite being eliminated I now just feel a sense of peace lol  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #676 on: June 01, 2021, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
To all those that asked us to be patient when we sounded words of alarm early in the season, can we talk now...or do we still have to wait?
are you saying you were quiet until now?  ;D

LOL!

TP
and one back to you. always fun to read your posts.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #677 on: June 01, 2021, 10:36:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's weird. Despite being eliminated I now just feel a sense of peace lol  :laugh:
some peace.  some anxiousness wondering what can reasonably be done to make this team better.

figure everyone but Tatum and Brown are on the table for the right deals

« Reply #678 on: June 01, 2021, 10:37:57 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
some peace.  some anxiousness wondering what can reasonably be done to make this team better.

If it were possible, I'd just release most of them. The majority don't belong on NBA rosters.

« Reply #679 on: June 01, 2021, 10:39:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Welp Patriots season is coming up!

Or...Brady Bucs season hahaha

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #680 on: June 01, 2021, 10:40:18 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it’s more of the same, unless danny is willing to part with brown. no one else holds enough value to swing a trade that substantially improves this team. and after this season, if you’re not convinced this team is in need of a major rebuild, i can’t help you.

« Reply #681 on: June 01, 2021, 10:42:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it’s more of the same, unless danny is willing to part with brown. no one else holds enough value to swing a trade that substantially improves this team. and after this season, if you’re not convinced this team is in need of a major rebuild, i can’t help you.
moving Brown for someone else is just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.  need to add to him and tatum.  cupboard isn't bare of trade assets.

« Reply #682 on: June 01, 2021, 10:44:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Proud how hard we played tonight.

Tatum was hurt but left it on the floor. He really took great strides in leadership during this short playoff run.

Happy to see the growth and potential of Romeo the last couple of games. Will really help jump start him next season. Wouldn’t mind figuring out a way to get him in starting lineup.

Fournier will be the big off season question. What will it cost to keep him?

And will Danny make a big trade? If so, will it involve Marcus?  Jaylen and Jayson are not going anywhere and Kemba is untradeable.

« Reply #683 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:58 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
we need to let marcus go and start pritchard

marcus is antoine-esque at this point
lovable
but 1-10 3 pointers tonight?
enough

when pritchard runs point the offense flows
and he can make good 3's

he'd create for the Js and hit open shots when left open

should've done that w him all year

« Reply #684 on: June 01, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

moving Brown for someone else is just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.  need to add to him and tatum.  cupboard isn't bare of trade assets.

Yes like Philly fans wanted to throw Simmons or even Embid last years... They managed to do little things which changed the face of their team, improoving in coaching and shooting; we need at least the second one... Not saying their duo is older than ours and that our supporting cast is composing on rookies and some of them are quiet promising (but maybe not for next year unfortunately).

OK it was a gentlemeen sweep by definition, but we resisted not that bad, in game 1 and 5 we were not that far if we hadn't that bad shooting night we should won. Need to improove on that and in regularity on defense.
For what we saw about our players, we know we may have something with Langford and that we must wait for Nesmith and Pritchard (I don't get all people that thought he could be our saver; I think he has the worst +- in the serie and had one good game...but it is always Stevens fault...).
For the rest, even with this last bad match, I still think Smart hustle is important and he was our second best player of the serie. Evan scored a little but seemed useless sorry, but it was what I thought. He will prob will be overpayed, so bring back TPE and jum for Barnes or another when it is time. TT isn't good but brought some pride. I hope CBS and Danny will lost their trust in Grant. Jabari is a nice low cost signing for next year, the sub PF is one problem less. For the rest all other expiring (Oje, Kornet) are goners...

« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2021, 10:59:05 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton

brown for a dominant big is what will be needed to get through the east over the next several years.

beyond brown, the cupboard is bare. trades involving anyone else would be the epitome of shuffling deck chairs. it’s what danny’s been doing since kyrie left. how’s that been working out?

« Reply #686 on: June 01, 2021, 11:04:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So between Giannis and the Nets, who gets the special NBA whistle treatment?

« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2021, 11:07:38 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
So between Giannis and the Nets, who gets the special NBA whistle treatment?

both. the refs will dominate and turn a very interesting matchup into a free throw contest.

« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2021, 11:11:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Man the refs were awful this series. Way too many calls. I hope the ratings plummet. Games hard to watch.

« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2021, 11:12:59 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Lakers are getting massacred. Down by 20+... Definitely taking some of the sting out of the C’s season being over. That and the booze.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.