Author Topic: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21  (Read 53561 times)

Re: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2021, 10:19:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Kyrie is straight trash.

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/1399182556835295232

That's an insult to trash.
well done and a tp for you sir....or ma'am....or whatever.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Wow. For someone who pretends to be so mature and wise...shame on you Kyrie. You won, you silenced the home crowd and you proved your point. No need to stoop that low. The Celtics organization treated him well, took a gamble on him and saved him from Cleveland. And this is what he does.

« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2021, 10:30:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not many things were promising from this game, but Tatum getting 17 (!) free throws is one!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2021, 10:33:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Like to hear from the Kyrie apologists that defended his sage burning. Why don’t you go ahead and defend him stumping on the Celtic logo. Go ahead!!

« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2021, 10:35:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Not many things were promising from this game, but Tatum getting 17 (!) free throws is one!

I thought Pritchard, Nesmith, and Parker making shots when they finally got in the game was positive. I'm not sure any of them get minutes in the next game but it's still a positive.

« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2021, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Like to hear from the Kyrie apologists that defended his sage burning. Why don’t you go ahead and defend him stumping on the Celtic logo. Go ahead!!

Did he really do that?

« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2021, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Did he really do that?

Never mind.  Went back and saw the video.

Can't stand that guy.

« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2021, 11:15:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Thought Rob’s interior presence was really missed tonight. No secondary defense at the rim.

« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2021, 11:34:59 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Thought Rob’s interior presence was really missed tonight. No secondary defense at the rim.
Definitely would have helped. They also shot over 50% from three.

« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2021, 11:47:49 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Words cannot describe how much I want to punch Kyrie in the face right now. I am still reasonably young but I can't remember anyone rubbing their feet on our logo like that, even cockroaches like Laimbeer.

Everyone loves to blame Ainge for our recent downturn but the real villan is Irving. He use to talk about the history of the Celtics and pretending to respect the legends like Cousy but Mike Gorman talks about how Irving would ignore him when they would pass each other in the halls even after Gorman said hello. This Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. inadvertently ruined Hayward's career, most probably disenfranchised Horford and Terry Rozier, lets not also forget that the Brooklyn pick that was traded for Irving should have gotten us either Sexton, Mikal Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander or Porter Jr.

I wish nothing but pain and suffering for Kyrie. I hope this demonstration is finally enough for Brown & Tatum to stop cosying up to Irving and see him for the con-artist he really is.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #686 on: May 31, 2021, 12:00:11 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Words cannot describe how much I want to punch Kyrie in the face right now. I am still reasonably young but I can't remember anyone rubbing their feet on our logo like that, even cockroaches like Laimbeer.

Everyone loves to blame Ainge for our recent downturn but the real villan is Irving. He use to talk about the history of the Celtics and pretending to respect the legends like Cousy but Mike Gorman talks about how Irving would ignore him when they would pass each other in the halls even after Gorman said hello. This Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. inadvertently ruined Hayward's career, most probably disenfranchised Horford and Terry Rozier, lets not also forget that the Brooklyn pick that was traded for Irving should have gotten us either Sexton, Mikal Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander or Porter Jr.

I wish nothing but pain and suffering for Kyrie. I hope this demonstration is finally enough for Brown & Tatum to stop cosying up to Irving and see him for the con-artist he really is.

I don't recall Brown ever cozying up to Kyrie.  Brown publicly called out Kyrie while they were teammates in Boston.

« Reply #687 on: May 31, 2021, 12:01:11 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
I expect a close game 5, call me crazy.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day everyone.

ok, crazy. just kidding; i agree with you. hopefully, brad learned a few things tonight (e.g. nesmith over langford) and actually implements the necessary changes.

I hope he does as well, but half the time, I have no idea what goes through Stevens' head.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #688 on: May 31, 2021, 12:07:21 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

I don't recall Brown ever cozying up to Kyrie.  Brown publicly called out Kyrie while they were teammates in Boston.

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #689 on: May 31, 2021, 12:08:48 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

I wish nothing but pain and suffering for Kyrie. I hope this demonstration is finally enough for Brown & Tatum to stop cozying up to Irving and see him for the con-artist he really is.

Well said, from the heart.

I wish we had some guys like ML Carr or Perk or Garnett or Cowens or DJ or Max or KC and Tommy or Paul Silas who had Celtic Pride and would take offense at Irving's act and put a target on his head for Game 5.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:25:58 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce