Author Topic: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21  (Read 52853 times)

Re: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21
« Reply #720 on: May 31, 2021, 06:44:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I see two issues with the Celtics matching up with the Nets.  First the obvious is that the Nets have far more top end talent.  The Celtics simply don't have the fire power to keep up.  If they had Brown and Walker, it is closer but without these two, it is literally JV vs. Varsity.

The other thing about the Celtics is that their roster is not put together to take advantage of the one weakness that Nets have.  That weakness is size or bigs.  MIL and PHI both have size (as do the Lakers when Davis is healthy).  MIL and PHI can't match the Nets in scoring but their size may be something they can exploit.  No one is going to beat the Nets Guard for Guard or Wing for Wing but they can be beat big for big, just not the Celtics.
I would double Giannis and Middleton, and make the other guys beat me, if I were the Nets coach!
That leaves one guy trying to defend Jrue Holiday, Brook Lopez and Bryn Forbes. With how bad the Brooklyn defenders are I do not think that strategy would work.

Brooklyn has no one to guard Brook Lopez. He can average 20-25 points a game against the Nets. The Bucks have weapons at every position. There is no one to double off of. The Nets aren't good defensively and have only one ( Durant) maybe two plus defenders. The Bucks start 5 plus defenders. The Nets will score but The Bucks can put 130-140 themselves. I still hope Boston has another couple of wins in them. The Nets beating up on a depleted Celtics team isn't the same as the Bucks kicking the crap out of a fully healthy ( Sans Olidipo) squad.
Brook Lopez going to turn back into Brooklyn Lopez... against Brooklyn!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #721 on: May 31, 2021, 08:31:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You want it both ways that is what sounds stupid.

You want to chastise people that call him out, and then say you are not defending him. Then you unload on him virulently. Stay in one lane.
I am chastising the call for violence against him.

I am calling getting upset about Kyrie burning sage stupid because it is. It's one of the most ridiculous things to get mad about. He burnt some leaves in the Garden. Who cares but you? I haven't seen anyone here but you making a deal about it and neither the Celtics nor the media have responded or done anything but mention it in passing.

And if you read my posts here and in the Kyrie racism thread, you will see I have been very consistent in calling Kyrie the attention seeking, immature, faux intellectual, moron that he is and have called his words and actions much the same.

There is no two ways here. Kyrie has done and said stupid stuff. Responding the same way in kind or with violence would be just as childish and stupid.

« Reply #722 on: May 31, 2021, 08:40:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

You want to chastise people that call him out, and then say you are not defending him. Then you unload on him virulently. Stay in one lane.

I am calling getting upset about Kyrie burning sage stupid because it is. It's one of the most ridiculous things to get mad about. He burnt some leaves in the Garden. Who cares but you? I haven't seen anyone here but you making a deal about it and neither the Celtics nor the media have responded or done anything but mention it in passing.

And if you read my posts here and in the Kyrie racism thread, you will see I have been very consistent in calling Kyrie the attention seeking, immature, faux intellectual, moron that he is and have called his words and actions much the same.

There is no two ways here. Kyrie has done and said stupid stuff. Responding the same way in kind or with violence would be just as childish and stupid.

I am calling your reaction to my post as stupid because it is. You are the only one here defending Kyrie and abusing other Cs fans about taking exception to his antics.   

« Reply #723 on: May 31, 2021, 09:35:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I am calling your reaction to my post as stupid because it is. You are the only one here defending Kyrie and abusing other Cs fans about taking exception to his antics.
You clearly are having trouble reading and comprehending  my posts. I have never defended Kyrie. Not once.

I am not abusing any Celtic fans for taking exception to Kyrie's racist remarks or immature actions. I am criticizing the single take that burning sage is something to get upset about. It's not, as clearly you're like the only guy on this blog it bothers.

I get people being upset about Kyrie's remarks and stepping on the Leprechaun. I simply don't think it right to respond with violence or stupidity against him. I have been very clear on that.

Respond to the remarks by not responding or doing it intelligently, like Jaylen did. Respond to the Leprechaun foot wipe the same way. Don't stoop to his level. Don't get violent with him. Just send him home early by beating their team That's the way you respond to that crap.

Anyway, I had my say. I'm out

« Reply #724 on: May 31, 2021, 10:45:06 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Words cannot describe how much I want to punch Kyrie in the face right now. I am still reasonably young but I can't remember anyone rubbing their feet on our logo like that, even cockroaches like Laimbeer.

Everyone loves to blame Ainge for our recent downturn but the real villan is Irving. He use to talk about the history of the Celtics and pretending to respect the legends like Cousy but Mike Gorman talks about how Irving would ignore him when they would pass each other in the halls even after Gorman said hello. This Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. inadvertently ruined Hayward's career, most probably disenfranchised Horford and Terry Rozier, lets not also forget that the Brooklyn pick that was traded for Irving should have gotten us either Sexton, Mikal Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander or Porter Jr.

I wish nothing but pain and suffering for Kyrie. I hope this demonstration is finally enough for Brown & Tatum to stop cosying up to Irving and see him for the con-artist he really is.

My apologies, in doing my research Laimbeer did indeed do this (perhaps Irving’s inspiration) and would also spit on the Celtics logo before the game.

So Kyrie is in Laimbeer’s class (or lack there of) but given good ol’ cockroach bill never played for the Celtics, Irving is in a tier of his own.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #725 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

You clearly are having trouble reading and comprehending  my posts. I have never defended Kyrie. Not once.

I am not abusing any Celtic fans for taking exception to Kyrie's racist remarks or immature actions. I am criticizing the single take that burning sage is something to get upset about. It's not, as clearly you're like the only guy on this blog it bothers.

I get people being upset about Kyrie's remarks and stepping on the Leprechaun. I simply don't think it right to respond with violence or stupidity against him. I have been very clear on that.

Respond to the remarks by not responding or doing it intelligently, like Jaylen did. Respond to the Leprechaun foot wipe the same way. Don't stoop to his level. Don't get violent with him. Just send him home early by beating their team That's the way you respond to that crap.

Anyway, I had my say. I'm out

You keep bringing up the sage burning to distract. Sage burning is a ritual it is done for a purpose. What possible purpose didvKyrie have for burning sage in TD garden. Why was it picked up by the media? I am not the only one on the blog that has a problem with Kyrie conducting a ‘cleansing ritual’ at TD Garden.

« Reply #726 on: June 01, 2021, 12:08:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Believe it or not, someone can criticize the actions of Celtics fans without it meaning that they are defending Kyrie. When someone does wrong, it doesnt mean that anything you do in response to that is right. It will depend on what you do.

« Reply #727 on: June 01, 2021, 12:15:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This thread is going nowhere fast and has nothing to do with Game 4 any longer. Locked.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)