Author Topic: Nets (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 5/28/21  (Read 57906 times)

Re: Nets (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 5/28/21
« Reply #1065 on: May 29, 2021, 02:33:58 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Durant saying they have to play more physical with Tatum....SMH

Kd also saying that it took a 50 burger from Tatum, 23 points and 5-8 from Smartacus and 41% overall from 3 to beat them. I guess he’s right but still  :angel:

That’s true but KD and Harden did explode for 80 points combined too so....

On that note, how wild would it be if Tatum averaged 40-50 from here on out in this series lol

I think the C's lose this game if their Big 3 score 30+ each.

But the refs also bailed BKN out too

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1066 on: May 29, 2021, 03:31:13 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Kd also saying that it took a 50 burger from Tatum, 23 points and 5-8 from Smartacus and 41% overall from 3 to beat them. I guess he’s right but still  :angel:

On that note, how wild would it be if Tatum averaged 40-50 from here on out in this series lol

Their Big 3 scored 96....
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1067 on: May 29, 2021, 04:25:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Their Big 3 scored 96....
I think this should be the formula. Nets have so many isolation possessions, their role players like Harris lost rhythm.

« Reply #1068 on: May 29, 2021, 06:06:32 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
I am proud of my C's today and amazed by the talent Tatum, and that's enough to make me happy and bring a lot of hope for our future. Don't even to think about Kyrie.

« Reply #1069 on: May 29, 2021, 06:40:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That was the best few minutes that Grant ever played, too bad he does not bring it like that all the time.   He really helped us.

The refs were awful. 

I still think we are in trouble series wise but it was great to get a win.

« Reply #1070 on: May 29, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
That was the best few minutes that Grant ever played, too bad he does not bring it like that all the time.   He really helped us.

The refs were awful. 

Agree with the bolded, he was incredibly active and sharp tonight.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1071 on: May 29, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
If you watch the first two games, you don't see this last one...there were moments, but nothing for more than a few minutes.

Thompson was a wrecking crew, best game he's had in Boston and right when it counted.

Smart was money throughout the game.

With a minute to go in the 3rd, Tatum hit a shot and the Net's body language began to fade. They didn't have control of the game for the first time in three games.

I hope Kemba figures it out, Fournier hit a couple, but these two need to get hot.

« Reply #1072 on: May 29, 2021, 10:55:08 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

The refs were awful. 

Agree with the bolded, he was incredibly active and sharp tonight.
THIS was the grant williams so many people were excited about at the end of last season. i do not know what happened inside his head this season, but hopefully he woke up and started playing as he is capable of playing.

at his best, he is a great guy off the bench, 6th or 7th guy with a few starts.

i hope he continues this way. sometimes it takes time for young players to understand what it means to be in the nba when you are NOT a super talented player - you need total effort all the time.

let's see what he does next game. nets will come out and work hard to win game #4 in boston.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1073 on: May 29, 2021, 11:12:27 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
They played with heart and passion. Brad coaches his best when his back is against the wall.

Plan going forward is to exploit the nets lack of a big man. TL and TT have been huge in the middle ...exploit this obvious weakness of the nets. Try Kornet if TL can’t go maybe he gets hot. Romeo was huge on Harris can’t afford for him to get hot.

Fournier must get going. You can’t count on Kemba..he is done as a star..well done, no pink inside. Use him like NY used Rose before he woke up...a piece off the bench. There is no shame in it. He is so cheerful he wouldn’t care. If he is p---ed, then he should prove the coach wrong.

GO CELTICS

« Reply #1074 on: May 29, 2021, 11:37:26 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
They played with heart and passion. Brad coaches his best when his back is against the wall.

Plan going forward is to exploit the nets lack of a big man. TL and TT have been huge in the middle ...exploit this obvious weakness of the nets. Try Kornet if TL can’t go maybe he gets hot. Romeo was huge on Harris can’t afford for him to get hot.

Fournier must get going. You can’t count on Kemba..he is done as a star..well done, no pink inside. Use him like NY used Rose before he woke up...a piece off the bench. There is no shame in it. He is so cheerful he wouldn’t care. If he is p---ed, then he should prove the coach wrong.

GO CELTICS

I hate to say it but I think Timelord might just be done for the season. I obviously don't mean that officially as otherwise they would announce it, but seriously this guy always gets hurt every other game now. You can't really trust him to give you 20 MPG+ consistently.

He also left the game in a walking boot I believe which seems to indicate he won't play Game 4.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1075 on: May 29, 2021, 12:14:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

GO CELTICS

Lol - Kemba was good as recently as game 2. He was also huge in the play-in and hasn't had a 'bad' stretch of games since like March. I agree Kemba needs to be better, but people sure have a short memory as it relates to his good games. I mean, we are even coming off a win, so we can't even blame him for losing us the game. Let's see what he brings the rest of the series - I am pretty certain it will be better than 3/14 shooting with 5 TOs.

Also, I saw some comments claiming no PG gets stripped more than Kemba. I mean, he only averaged 2 TOs/gm this year, which is pretty great for a PG playing 32mpg.

« Reply #1076 on: May 29, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Omg a WIN.  :)

Woo hoo  ;D

« Reply #1077 on: May 29, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969