Poll

Draft date

Before Labor Day (late August)
7 (70%)
After Labor Day (mid-September)
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Summer 2021 Fantasy Draft: General discussion  (Read 125622 times)

Re: Summer Fantasy Draft?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 12:27:22 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Now that the Celtics are out of the playoffs, I'm going to bump this one more time. Figure ten participants is a good minimum?
It would be fun to see how strong the teams could be with a 10 team league.

I see exactly 10 guys that IMO are legit MVP-caliber players in the league right now, so that would be pretty cool if every team had one of them (unlikely).

I don't think I have the time to invest in this for this summer.  Hope yall have fun!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 04:16:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Now that the Celtics are out of the playoffs, I'm going to bump this one more time. Figure ten participants is a good minimum?

I see exactly 10 guys that IMO are legit MVP-caliber players in the league right now, so that would be pretty cool if every team had one of them (unlikely).

I don't think I have the time to invest in this for this summer.  Hope yall have fun!
It's the same for me with 1 guy right at the edge of making that inner circle :o, glad to see that great minds think alike :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 08:50:06 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

It's the same for me with 1 guy right at the edge of making that inner circle :o, glad to see that great minds think alike :laugh:
Hmm...  I count 11 who've been typically considered in the "top 10 players" category. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:56:33 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 08:08:03 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Bumping once again. Still looking for a couple more people!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 08:21:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hmm...  I count 11 who've been typically considered in the "top 10 players" category.
Any interest in playing Tazz?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 03:07:00 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bump!

Anyone interested in playing armchair GM? If you think Brad screwed up the Kemba trade (I kinda do), here's a chance to show him how it's done. :P If you think Brad did OK, these games are tons of fun regardless! We are 7 GMs right now. We all build our teams from scratch. Need 3 more participants. Come on people!

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

If you need me to get to 10, I'll play.

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If you're in we've got 8. Pretty close. Just a couple more!

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

So it is just going to be based on this season performance?  How are players who missed a bunch of games due to injury or other reasons (e.g. Horford) judged? 

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 06:43:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So it is just going to be based on this season performance?  How are players who missed a bunch of games due to injury or other reasons (e.g. Horford) judged?
I would probably values to be different for everyone. I'm not sure if it's cut and dry that you're only supposed to base it on the 20-21 season, especially with how disjointed it was from COVID. Rather, use the current crop of NBA players and use recent season (probably last two or three) to try and predict how they'd play in a hypothetical fantasy league in 21-22.

At least, that's how I'd go

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 07:09:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I would probably values to be different for everyone. I'm not sure if it's cut and dry that you're only supposed to base it on the 20-21 season, especially with how disjointed it was from COVID. Rather, use the current crop of NBA players and use recent season (probably last two or three) to try and predict how they'd play in a hypothetical fantasy league in 21-22.

At least, that's how I'd go
The old CB Draft was based on drafting current players but, generally, basing the quality of the team on the player's career but also, what would be realistic for how that player would perform right now.

Like, you could pick LeBron, but don't try to convince everyone you are getting 2013-2017 LeBron. You're not draft him at his peak.

By the same token you could draft a player like Tatum but project his game level to increase because he is still young and his game growing

It's all in the eye of the beholder, but generally, you're drafting the guy based on his latest play.

Covid screwed things up some so judging might be more difficult regarding whether someone will come back 100% from current injury or if they are injury prone so maybe the player can't be relied upon to be there the whole year.

But I think that's the general premise

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
So we've got 7 commits and a maybe from Tazz if needed for numbers.

Bumping again! Probably more likely to get interest once playoffs are done and people are starved of basketball content

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2021, 11:03:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So we've got 7 commits and a maybe from Tazz if needed for numbers.

Bumping again! Probably more likely to get interest once playoffs are done and people are starved of basketball content
Unfortunately, a couple regulars to these games have not been seen on the blog in a very long time, so we might not get to that 10.

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 01:34:31 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bump.

We need 2 or 3 more players.

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 03:00:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560