Author Topic: Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics - Play-in Game #1 5/18/21  (Read 51117 times)

Re: Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics - Play-in Game #1 5/18/21
« Reply #645 on: May 19, 2021, 06:33:47 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Marv doesn't know who's playing.

Neither does Biden , and he is pres. ;D

« Reply #646 on: May 19, 2021, 09:54:55 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Did the qualitative stuff I brought up about Fournier in previous threads rear its head tonight? Slept past the game and saw that playoff Fournier was in full force tonight in the box score.

That wasn’t a playoff game. Let’s see how he does in the series vs the Nets.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #647 on: May 19, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought we had a solid game and over came some in game adversity.   Tatum really played some D.   This teams me the team might have been sand bagging on D all year.   Still we will find out next series.

I thought the shortened rotation helped us immensely and still think we ought to clean house on the bench crew in the off season.   Why can't we ever get the Ish Smith veteran?

I liked Gafford in the draft and he is going to be a NBA player for a long time.

« Reply #648 on: May 19, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So Tatum has to score what? 40 efficiently? For us to have a chance.

Tatum is absolutely scoring 40.  And scoring efficiently shouldn’t be an issue against the Wizards.  Scoring enough might be, but whatever the result, I’m sure the C’s will have scored efficiently.  The key to this game is stopping Washington’s dribble penetration.  They’re 5th in the NBA in points in the paint, and it’s not because of Alex Len, or even Robin Lopez.  I really hope Time Lord is able to go tonight to increase the degree of difficulty on those drives, and that we don’t lose contact with their shooters on all the resulting kickouts.

I think we’re going to win by at least 15 tonight.

We've found our sage  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #649 on: May 19, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
So Tatum has to score what? 40 efficiently? For us to have a chance.

Tatum is absolutely scoring 40.  And scoring efficiently shouldn’t be an issue against the Wizards.  Scoring enough might be, but whatever the result, I’m sure the C’s will have scored efficiently.  The key to this game is stopping Washington’s dribble penetration.  They’re 5th in the NBA in points in the paint, and it’s not because of Alex Len, or even Robin Lopez.  I really hope Time Lord is able to go tonight to increase the degree of difficulty on those drives, and that we don’t lose contact with their shooters on all the resulting kickouts.

I think we’re going to win by at least 15 tonight.

We've found our sage  :police:

Impressive. Extra TP’s for Celtics2021  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #650 on: May 19, 2021, 01:45:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Well I said if the Celts were going to win the play-in and make the first round only to get their butts kicked, I hoped it would be a result of Tatum playing out of his mind.

Mission accomplished.
i vote for danny to replace CBS with pho.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #651 on: May 19, 2021, 01:59:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well I said if the Celts were going to win the play-in and make the first round only to get their butts kicked, I hoped it would be a result of Tatum playing out of his mind.

Mission accomplished.
i vote for danny to replace CBS with pho.  ;D

Let me be clear, I would take the money.  But I would be sure that contract was guaranteed because I would be fired very quickly.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain