Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2021  (Read 312999 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2021
« Reply #2025 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Gobert with the huge defensive possession!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2026 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:57 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
If Kawhi doesn’t come back this postseason, I think the Suns win it all. Could live with that...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2027 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:59 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

« Reply #2028 on: June 17, 2021, 12:55:13 AM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
2 in a row

« Reply #2029 on: June 17, 2021, 01:01:18 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
You can’t win in the postseason if your number one option on offense is a 6’1” guard... Clippers just have too much size and depth. I like Mitchell, but he has to be your #2.

Also, got to give credit to Paul George.... 37pts and 16 Reb in 40 Mins. [dang]...
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2030 on: June 17, 2021, 01:01:34 AM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
3 airballs in a row jeez

« Reply #2031 on: June 17, 2021, 01:02:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
M I T C H E L L
Airball looked fabulous :laugh:
why you hate?
Why are you lot hating on Gobert while slobbering all over a player who has never had an above league average campaign in terms of scoring efficiency besides two of the weirdest playoff runs ever? It's insane to see a defensive titan not getting the credit he deserves when the likes of Nate Thurmond, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Mark Eaton, old Patrick Ewing, Dikembe Mutombo, Ben Wallace were all recognised as the 1Bs of the strong playoff teams they were on at the very least (Thurmond, Hayes, Ewing and Wallace even got 1A recognition) - a person reading what most people on this forum/social media think of Gobert would believe that Gobert is the #2 or even a #3 on the Jazz.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2032 on: June 17, 2021, 01:04:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
You can’t win in the postseason if your number one option on offense is a 6’1” guard... Clippers just have too much size and depth. I like Mitchell, but he has to be your #2.
Theoretically the Jazz can win in the postseason with their setup that has Mitchell as their offensive #1, but their problem this series is that their offensive #2 (ntm defensive #2) in Mike Conley is injured.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2033 on: June 17, 2021, 01:05:24 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Also, got to give credit to Paul George.... 37pts and 16 Reb in 40 Mins. [dang]...

Isiah Thomas says Hi.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:03:56 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #2034 on: June 17, 2021, 01:07:05 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
M I T C H E L L
Airball looked fabulous :laugh:
why you hate?
Why are you lot hating on Gobert while slobbering all over a player who has never had an above league average campaign in terms of scoring efficiency besides two of the weirdest playoff runs ever? It's insane to see a defensive titan not getting the credit he deserves when the likes of Nate Thurmond, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Mark Eaton, old Patrick Ewing, Dikembe Mutombo, Ben Wallace were all recognised as the 1Bs of the strong playoff teams they were on at the very least (Thurmond, Hayes, Ewing and Wallace even got 1A recognition) - a person reading what most people on this forum/social media think of Gobert would believe that Gobert is the #2 or even a #3 on the Jazz.

I love Gobert...will not take a thing from him. Won’t take a thing from Mitchell either.

« Reply #2035 on: June 17, 2021, 01:20:50 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Theoretically the Jazz can win in the postseason with their setup that has Mitchell as their offensive #1, but their problem this series is that their offensive #2 (ntm defensive #2) in Mike Conley is injured.

I don’t think you can go far in the playoffs when your best player(s) are small guards. Mitchell/Connely or Lillard/McCollum isn’t going to get it done.

« Reply #2036 on: June 17, 2021, 01:27:19 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Isiah Thomas says hi.

One example from 30+ years ago? NBA is a little different now...

« Reply #2037 on: June 17, 2021, 02:07:11 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
How quickly a playoff series can change after being up 2-0...

Now the Jazz is facing a 3-2 hole.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2038 on: June 17, 2021, 02:10:17 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Fantastic showing from PG, Morris and Reggie Jackson. The first half shooting of the Jazz was just crazy, but they stuck with them.

« Reply #2039 on: June 17, 2021, 02:26:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I don’t think you can go far in the playoffs when your best player(s) are small guards. Mitchell/Connely or Lillard/McCollum isn’t going to get it done.
But the Jazz's best player is Gobert...they have 1 superstar and 2 supporting stars while the Blazers have 1 superstar and a fringe star. Obviously Lillard is better than Gobert, but McCollum is also considerably worse than Mitchell or Conley, ntm the Blazers are 1 star short and have a significantly worse supporting cast around their stars (Pringles, Bogdanovic, Clarkson, O'Neale and Favors are fantastic role players with a couple of guys in the top 40-50 range, heck I'm not even sure if McCollum is better than Pringles this season!).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA