Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2021  (Read 314044 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2021
« Reply #1620 on: June 11, 2021, 10:31:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nets are obstacle for the next 2 seasons. Philly a problem for the rest of decade.

Can we trade Grant and Carson back for Matisse?

Really? The C fans all other teams would wait for the Cs to take over after LeBron. You mean other teams actually want to win too?

« Reply #1621 on: June 11, 2021, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
So.... The Suns are really good.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1622 on: June 11, 2021, 11:16:34 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

Lucky though that AD got injured in Game 4. Lakers got 2 from the Suns before he went down. Utah will beat this team.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #1623 on: June 11, 2021, 11:53:03 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1373
Good laugh here.

Sean Keane
@seankeane
·
12h
Paul George’s next Gatorade commercial will be him draining a three at the buzzer to cut the lead from eight points to five.

This is so him!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1624 on: June 12, 2021, 12:02:30 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

Lucky though that AD got injured in Game 4. Lakers got 2 from the Suns before he went down. Utah will beat this team.

The Suns were 8-0 in the bubble last year, had the second best record in the NBA this season, and are about to go 7-2 so far in these playoffs. I'd say the Lakers were lucky they didn't have to face them in last year's playoffs.

« Reply #1625 on: June 12, 2021, 12:10:02 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

The Suns were 8-0 in the bubble last year, had the second best record in the NBA this season, and are about to go 7-2 so far in these playoffs. I'd say the Lakers were lucky they didn't have to face them in last year's playoffs.

Have to count actual games that took place or will be taking place. Lakers w Ad and Lebron were up 2-1 vs the Suns before AD went out. Now Suns are facing Nuggets without Murray. Might face Jazz without Conley.

Again they’re good. Just luckier relative to others.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:20:27 AM by staticcc »
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #1626 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:26 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Have to count actual games that took place or will be taking place. Lakers w Ad and Lebron were up 2-1 vs the Suns before AD went out. Now Suns are facing Nuggets without Murray. Might face Jazz without Conley.

Also played togther more than any starting 5.

« Reply #1627 on: June 12, 2021, 12:25:56 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
About to sweep Denver.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1628 on: June 12, 2021, 02:56:52 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

I think the Suns losing 2 to the Fakers also had something to do with relative inexperience in the playoffs being their firstvtime...i mean really except for CP3 which they were lucky to have him as he provided the stabilizing force for these young studs in Booker and Ayton.

Also in 1 of their loss to the Fakers CP was injured while the other I would put it as butterflies.

Once theyd got the hang and as the playoffs progress the Suns have been all business and a model of consistency.

They would have their hands full with the Jazz but i think as long as CP is healthy id like their chances.

Honestly think we should model out team to the Suns..

We have our stars in the Js a defensive Center much like Ayton but not as good offensively..we retain Fournier as an our shooter for those kick out 3..we jus need a stabilizing and orcheatrating PG like Paul or Conley and we are good...and no Kemba isnt that PG.

« Reply #1629 on: June 12, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Jokic with 32/20/10 & still loss but what a great player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1630 on: June 12, 2021, 05:30:16 AM »

Kiorrik

Jokic with 32/20/10 & still loss but what a great player

Yup yup. Very similar to what I posted into chat with a bunch of bball mates;

Jokic: 32/20/10
Suns: 3-0

« Reply #1631 on: June 12, 2021, 06:10:47 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Nets are obstacle for the next 2 seasons. Philly a problem for the rest of decade.

Pardon? Embiid is 27 and Harris is 28.

Also, if Thybulle actually played here he would be torn apart. Elite defender but absolutely garbage on offence, which many Cs fans have no patience for
I have plenty of patience for elite defenders so I would love me some Thybulle :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1632 on: June 12, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Also, if Thybulle actually played here he would be torn apart. Elite defender but absolutely garbage on offence, which many Cs fans have no patience for
I have plenty of patience for elite defenders so I would love me some Thybulle :laugh:
For sure, he’s a solid player. But he’s only 6 months younger than Jaylen Brown and barely better than Langford - hardly missed out on a big weapon
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1633 on: June 12, 2021, 10:10:38 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

For sure, he’s a solid player. But he’s only 6 months younger than Jaylen Brown and barely better than Langford - hardly missed out on a big weapon

He has much more value than Grant and Carson, which is what the trade was.   He is going to be an all  defensive NBA player in the next year or two IMO. Just needs to refine his 3 pointer.

« Reply #1634 on: June 12, 2021, 10:53:04 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

Luck has nothing to do with it. When you build your team around a 36 year old superstar and a perennially injured big man in AD, the odds that one of them will be injured at a key point in the postseason are high. Lebron was not the same after he returned from his ankle sprain as well.

The bubble playoffs last year were the ideal situation for the Lakers. They rested their old guys for months, had a gentle warm up going in to the playoffs, and avoided all travel and back to backs all the way through. Many of us on here were saying last year that it was the Lakers best shot at a ring with Lebron because he's likely not going to hold up again physically in a regular NBA schedule again.  AD also has had a constant history of injuries since his rookie year. He's only managed to play 70 games or more twice in nine seasons.