Author Topic: I really don’t like this draft for where BOS will be picking  (Read 13918 times)

Re: I really don’t like this draft for where BOS will be picking
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Won’t matter who we pick cause he won’t play..  plus it be a undersized guard anyhow
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
How much left on the Hayward TPE, about $9-10 mm?  Package that with our pick for Larry Nance or someone like that. We should have creative off season options.

Hmm not a bad thought.

Some other names who are in that salary range who could probably be had with a similar package...

Marvin Bagley
Dario Saric
Chris Boucher
Jusuf Nurkic
Davis Bertans
Kyle Kuzma

I'd really like Kuzma. He'd be a terrific backup SF/PF for this team.

C - Rob Williams, T.Thompson
F - Tatum, Kuzma
F - Jaylen, Kuzma / Fournier
G - Fournier, Smart
G - Kemba, Pritchard

That is a deep team with balance.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 02:43:18 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How much left on the Hayward TPE, about $9-10 mm?  Package that with our pick for Larry Nance or someone like that. We should have creative off season options.

Hmm not a bad thought.

Some other names who are in that salary range who could probably be had with a similar package...

Marvin Bagley
Dario Saric
Chris Boucher
Jusuf Nurkic
Davis Bertans
Kyle Kuzma

F - Tatum, Kuzma
G - Fournier, Smart
G - Kemba, Pritchard

You sure you want Kuz on the team? Chances are Stevens view him as a center lol

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 02:45:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I don't like any draft for where the Cs will be picking in 2021, unless they keep losing a lot. I like Ainge in the Top 5 picks or the bottom 5 picks of the 1st round. The rest has been not so good.
[/b]
please check other threads that deal with this exact topic. ainge has drafted well above the NBA average for getting players in that area of the draft.

Look over this list to learn more:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/draft.html

rozier
smart
sullinger
bradley
rondo (picked for them)
jefferson
west
allen
olynyk (for them)

langford & nesmith are too early to tell. some folks may include gerald green, but i am reluctant to do so myself since he took soooooo long to develop his game.

plus a number of acceptable players were taken by ainge in the second round.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Hmm not a bad thought.

Marvin Bagley
Dario Saric
Chris Boucher
Jusuf Nurkic
Davis Bertans
Kyle Kuzma

F - Tatum, Kuzma
G - Fournier, Smart
G - Kemba, Pritchard

The Lakers don't care at all about money, and they are in the middle of a championship window.

So, they only trade a useful player and his salary for a more useful player, and they care about right now, not the future.

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 03:03:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I don't like any draft for where the Cs will be picking in 2021, unless they keep losing a lot. I like Ainge in the Top 5 picks or the bottom 5 picks of the 1st round. The rest has been not so good.
[/b]
please check other threads that deal with this exact topic. ainge has drafted well above the NBA average for getting players in that area of the draft.

rozier
smart
sullinger
bradley
rondo (picked for them)
jefferson
west
allen
olynyk (for them)

langford & nesmith are too early to tell. some folks may include gerald green, but i am reluctant to do so myself since he took soooooo long to develop his game.

When you average the above draftees with the 7-8 James Youngs he drafted it doesn’t look like he is an above average drafted in that range
And sully was picked for tanking purposes. Not sure where he contributed to a winning organization in a meaningful way

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
[/b]

rozier
smart
sullinger
bradley
rondo (picked for them)
jefferson
west
allen
olynyk (for them)

When you average the above draftees with the 7-8 James Youngs he drafted it doesn’t look like he is an above average drafted in that range
And sully was picked for tanking purposes. Not sure where he contributed to a winning organization in a meaningful way

You make some weird arguments from time to time, but this is a new one.  How was Sully, who was drafted with KG, Pierce, and Rondo still on the team, and Doc coaching, picked for tanking purposes?  Heck, when he picked, the Celtics still thought Ray would return as well.

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 03:32:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This draft seems like the opposite of last years - top heavy but not deep.

I’m going to assume the Celtics will be selecting in the 16-22 range, and the only types of players I’m seeing projected to be available there are project bigs and guards who don’t shoot it well. A lot of underclassmen as well. I’d prefer a player like Pritchard who is seasoned and ready to come in and contribute off the bat, but those guys just seem like slim pickings this year.

Idk it just makes me wish Danny would have dangled our 1st this year to bring in more established talent - maybe he tried idk. Maybe he’s got his eye on another injury prone G/F since he seems to like those recently.

I will say the one guy I like in that range is David Duke out of Providence - unfortunate name but he can ball.

Side note- it is bizarre that the draft is less than 100 days away...seems like yesterday we took Nesmith & Pritchard...

then Trade it. 

Maybe there are some euros like Yam that are overlooked

TBH if its a weaker draft and Danny can get two future 1sts for 16-18. He might as well do that

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Mo's brother Franz looked like an NBA player in the tourney this weekend. Perhaps more of a long wing than a power forward, but multi-skilled and decent defensively. Looks like he'll go 10-15 so we are unlikely to get a shot at hm unless we can trade up.

Trading up hasn't been happening, but I have to think that the ridiculous stockpiles of picks that 3 teams have is going to change league behavior some over the next few years.

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 04:16:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My best friend is an assistant athletic director at a D1 school out west and his team played both USC and Gonzaga. He said the best player he saw all year was....Corey Kispert.

Sure, he is a senior while Suggs and Mobley are freshman, but I thought that interesting. Especially given if Boston slips into the lottery in a worse case scenario, if Kispert slides he might make a great pick.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
My best friend is an assistant athletic director at a D1 school out west and his team played both USC and Gonzaga. He said the best player he saw all year was....Corey Kispert.

Sure, he is a senior while Suggs and Mobley are freshman, but I thought that interesting. Especially given if Boston slips into the lottery in a worse case scenario, if Kispert slides he might make a great pick.

I like Kispert a good deal.  Probably not the best pro prospect of the bunch, but certainly he's a terrific player this year, and an elite shooter in general.

Also, I'm going to guess your friend is at Santa Clara.

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 04:43:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This draft has a load of high-ceiling low-floor raw athlete types. Not the kind of player I want us to draft.

I do think there are some handy guys. Wagner and Kispert would be awesome, but I think they get picked before we're on the clock.

Josh Giddey would be ideal for me. 6'7" PG currently playing in the NBL and playing really solidly. I also coached against him when he was 14 (same age as my younger brother) and he torched us!

Day'Ron Sharpe is a big I like but given the improvement of TL I don't think spending our 1st rounder on a 5 is smart.

Davion Mitchell, Usman Garuba, Kai Jones, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Jaden Springer are all guys I like that could be there in that 15-20 range. Our pick might get worse though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 04:54:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Nick, this is good intel. Just curious, what was your friend's take on Payton Pritchard before the draft?

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I would not be surprised if we trade our pick, especially if we want to move off of Kemba's contract.

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
This draft has a load of high-ceiling low-floor raw athlete types. Not the kind of player I want us to draft.

I do think there are some handy guys. Wagner and Kispert would be awesome, but I think they get picked before we're on the clock.

Josh Giddey would be ideal for me. 6'7" PG currently playing in the NBL and playing really solidly. I also coached against him when he was 14 (same age as my younger brother) and he torched us!

Day'Ron Sharpe is a big I like but given the improvement of TL I don't think spending our 1st rounder on a 5 is smart.

Davion Mitchell, Usman Garuba, Kai Jones, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Jaden Springer are all guys I like that could be there in that 15-20 range. Our pick might get worse though

Can Giddey shoot? The scouting video shows him playmaking well (loves the bounce pass), but I couldn't see any scouting on his outside shot.